Bionicle 2015 Story Theories

Anyone have any theories about what might happen in the next few years? Because I do.

So here we go:

The Vahi was showing up a lot in the animations they released, and the Toa Metru, who were Turaga when the Toa Mata showed up, had the Vahi (I'm probably getting this whole thing wrong), and the Toa Mata Okoto are here with the Protectors, which are like Turaga, and the Protectors knew all this stuff about the Toa, is it possible that the Protectors are the Toa Metru? It makes a little sense seeing as how they go to the 'Temple of Time' and receive a prophecy about the Toa, and the Temple of Time, I'm guessing, is like the new Great Temple, and then the Toa show up with no real memory of who they are?

Any suggestions?

14246252233_DISPLAY.jpg

Moving to S&T, though there may be a topic similar to this one there already...

EDIT: Maybe check this topic out?

Sorry, Wind. That had to do with how important Time was to the plot, whereas this theory is that the Protectors are the Turaga Metru.

That said, this theory would make sense, but I like to believe the Protectors are the Inika Matoran.

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

First a nitpick:

Toa Mata Okoto

You probably didn't mean this literally anyways, but just FTR, there's no evidence Mata Nui exists in Generation 2; Ekimu appears to have replaced his role. So it's best not to use the name "Mata" for the Toa this time.

On-topic: Clearly the Protectors replace the role of the Gen 1 Turaga, yes. However, whether they are the same characters or not is very unclear. And whether they were once Toa is also unclear; Gen 2 need not follow the Toa --> elder system. Their generic faces may be evidence against their being Vakama, etc. -- or maybe the storytellers just wanted to keep the story simple at first and might name them and expand on them later (maybe showing that they have alternate masks or lost their normal masks or something).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

First a nitpick:

Toa Mata Okoto

You probably didn't mean this literally anyways, but just FTR, there's no evidence Mata Nui exists in Generation 2; Ekimu appears to have replaced his role. So it's best not to use the name "Mata" for the Toa this time.

It's a metaphor. In case every Toa team gets named the Masters, we can call them this to tell between the old Toa and the new Masters.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

First a nitpick:

Toa Mata Okoto

It's a metaphor. In case every Toa team gets named the Masters, we can call them this to tell between the old Toa and the new Masters.

That's not a metaphor, it's an appellation, or Fan Nickname. But we already have one: the Toa Okoto. It neatly says that they're not the Gen1 Mata, they come from the Gen2 island Okoto and that they are the only Toa on the island. Why change it?

I doubt the Protectors will turn into Toa this time around, mostly because a) They're the Mentor figures, like the Turaga.

b) If there was some way to create Toa rather than summon them, wouldn't the Protectors be Toa by now, as their whole job description is 'protect the island and villages', which the Toa share.

So basically,there's no reason for the Protectors to be Toa. They do the same thing and are needed elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'm not saying the Protectors will turn into Toa, but that they possibly already were  Toa, hence them being bigger and having weapons unlike the villagers.

No, that's pretty certainly not the case. The story has established that Protector is a heritable role. The Protector of Fire has the extra weapons and armor because he inherited them from his father, who inherited them from his father, and so on and so forth. There's not really any room in that explanation for any of them to have been Toa, especially because if any generation of Protectors HAD been Toa there would be no reason for them to keep waiting for the 2015 Toa's arrival.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

As I said, just an idea.

But one more thing: What happens to the Toa? Do they stay Toa?

For now, I imagine. After all, they have a Skull Spider infestation to deal with. 

There's nothing to indicate that they couldn't become Turaga, but as of yet there's no real reason why they would. Some of the materials indicate their destiny (defeat evil and save the island) isn't completed, so they couldn't become a Turaga until then, if the old Gen1 rules even still apply in this case.