Baby Earth Villager

Well, since a couple others have been made, I figured I'd make my contribution by accounting for the baby Protector of Earth.

imgp9586.jpg

View to the back

A threat approaches!

"Never fear, Pohatu is here!"

So, yeah. Not much to it. :P But there he is. I just wish those short bone pieces existed in trans-purple. That would have looked much better.

Edited by ~T1S~
  • Upvote 4

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Still has better arms than Protector of Fire :yes:

He has pretty much the same arms as the Protector of Fire. It's just that he's a smaller figure so they're scaled better to him.

Anyway, this is cute, but part of me wishes he were a bit hunched like many traditional Onu-Matoran. How about using this piece on his torso beam, attaching his head to the top ball and armor to the bottom (and the back of the torso beam)? I've found that works fairly well to make a 2015 villager with unique posture.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

He has pretty much the same arms as the Protector of Fire. It's just that he's a smaller figure so they're scaled better to him.

Anyway, this is cute, but part of me wishes he were a bit hunched like many traditional Onu-Matoran. How about using this piece on his torso beam, attaching his head to the top ball and armor to the bottom (and the back of the torso beam)? I've found that works fairly well to make a 2015 villager with unique posture.

That's an interesting idea. I might just have to try it. I'll post pics when I'm done.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

That's an interesting idea. I might just have to try it. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Okay, here it is.

Looks alright from the front.

But from the side?

Worse, he has no neck articulation.

Basically, it looks terrible. A lot of us already don't like how goofy the Protectors look with their chest armor hanging way out in front of them, and this is even more repulsive. Unless I did something wrong, I don't see how that could even remotely be a decent design.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Okay, here it is.

Looks alright from the front.

But from the side?

Worse, he has no neck articulation.

Basically, it looks terrible. A lot of us already don't like how goofy the Protectors look with their chest armor hanging way out in front of them, and this is even more repulsive. Unless I did something wrong, I don't see how that could even remotely be a decent design.

I guess tastes differ? :shrugs:

I will say that the way you did it isn't quite how I'd conceptualized it. For one, I didn't include the piston add-on—while the chest is going to stick out it doesn't need to stick out as far (or as far down) as you have it. Also, my concept had worked better on a figure with longer legs and knees, since bending the upper legs forward helped to mask how far forward the front armor jutted. And I used a 5M shell on the back with the connection points at the top, and hinged the front shell so that the angles between the two shells matched. The neck did have very little poseability either way, but then again, the same applied to similarly hunched characters from the original Bionicle like Whenua or Onua.

But if you already take issue with the slightly odd proportions of the actual Protectors, I don't have much to say. I guess I just have more tolerance for abnormal torso designs.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I guess tastes differ? :shrugs:

I will say that the way you did it isn't quite how I'd conceptualized it. For one, I didn't include the piston add-on—while the chest is going to stick out it doesn't need to stick out as far (or as far down) as you have it. Also, my concept had worked better on a figure with longer legs and knees, since bending the upper legs forward helped to mask how far forward the front armor jutted. And I used a 5M shell on the back with the connection points at the top, and hinged the front shell so that the angles between the two shells matched. The neck did have very little poseability either way, but then again, the same applied to similarly hunched characters from the original Bionicle like Whenua or Onua.

But if you already take issue with the slightly odd proportions of the actual Protectors, I don't have much to say. I guess I just have more tolerance for abnormal torso designs.

OH! Yeah, that probably would look better. I was trying to keep it as small as possible, so I left the legs as they were, And you didn't say anything about leaving the add-on off. :P Gotcha.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~