Now that we have a new Bionicle line, what should the new Makuta be li

Spiffy247

Why not have Makuta as a small set like the protectors? Villains don't have to be big to be bad.

I myself would prefer Makut to be large, as it is a lot easier for him to look mighty and threatening. And as the Bionicle toys are mostly for kids, the visual style is very important. But it's still important for teenagers and adults. And I like soup.

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

What are you talking about? Dekar the matoran and Dekar-Hydraxon are completely different entities. How is it that you still object to this information after it's already been explained once? Even the page you linked to doesn't support your seriously incorrect information...

"This second Hydraxon fully believed he was the original, but Dekar's memories were still buried deep within him." What a bafflingly combative response, though.

All I did was look at a post that said "A character with two vastly different forms as sets in the same year would be confusing", and then I provided an example of said situation and go "yeah that does seem confusing", and have two different people jump down my throat.

Gotta be honest, didn't really convince me that the Dekar/Hydraxon situation isn't still pretty confusing.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 2

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Because this IS a carbon copy of the original story. Oh I guess we should turn the Toa into nasty evil villains who are always thwarted by the Hero Makuta. NO. IT'S STUPID.
"But Makuta forged an EVIL PLAN" EVIL. NOT GOOD.

Edit: See my PM.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

What are you talking about? Dekar the matoran and Dekar-Hydraxon are completely different entities. How is it that you still object to this information after it's already been explained once? Even the page you linked to doesn't support your seriously incorrect information...

"This second Hydraxon fully believed he was the original, but Dekar's memories were still buried deep within him." What a bafflingly combative response, though.

All I did was look at a post that said "A character with two vastly different forms as sets in the same year would be confusing", and then I provided an example of said situation and go "yeah that does seem confusing", and have two different people jump down my throat.

Gotta be honest, didn't really convince me that the Dekar/Hydraxon situation isn't still pretty confusing.

Because you didn't provide an example. Hydraxon existed prior to Dekar's transformation, so the Ignika replaced Dekar with a copy of the old "Hydraxon file" while leaving the Dekar "backup files," which were locked away, for the most part. Only tiny snippets of it ever came through.

The Hydraxon identity believed he was the real Hydraxon, so he is technically a different character. We're talking about two forms of the SAME individual. The Rahaga and their respective Hagah versions (Norik and Iruini) would have been a good example. Takua and Takanuva (who retained all the same memories and personality traits) would have been a good example. Dekar (a Po-Matoran Hunter from Mahri Nui) and Hydraxon (the weaponsmaster/Pit guardian and Order of Mata Nui member) are not good examples.

Just saying.

Edited by ~T1S~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Because this IS a carbon copy of the original story. Oh I guess we should turn the Toa into nasty evil villains who are always thwarted by the Hero Makuta. NO. IT'S STUPID."But Makuta forged an EVIL PLAN" EVIL. NOT GOOD.

I think you're missing the point. Makuta can be a more complicated character than just "the big bad evil guy," without the Toa becoming evil. Maybe Makuta regrets his evil plan later in the story, or is forced to work with the Toa at some point - even if they don't get along.

You could also be a little more receptive to other people's opinions instead of calling them "stupid."

IetTsFQ.png

...While that may be a reason, we don't know that Ekimu DIDN'T know that. If he truly thought Makuta was too dangerous to begin with, why did he remove the mask? Why not just end it right there and kill him? No, Ekimu spared his brother's life, so I suspect he won't try that, unless the two of them are revived and Makuta continues to do evil.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having Makuta be like Gollum in LotR. The 'Gollum' identity was formed from his love for the One Ring, but his former self, Smeagol, began to show through after befriending Frodo. Gollum loved the Ring, while Smeagol hated it. Also, Norman Osborn in the first Spiderman movie. After being injected with the enhancement serum, the Green Goblin identity entered him. The "Norman" personality wanted to continue to be a good guy and make amends for the destruction he caused (at first, anyway), and the "Goblin" wanted to continue to cuase more havoc.

Makuta could be like that in that his true self hates what he's done and wishes to attone for it, but there's still a part of him that's attached to the mask and feels a need to have it and use its power. Ekimu could sympathize with the good half of his brother, while simultaneously wanting to kill the "evil" half.

But maybe he didn't know what would happen when he smashed his brother in the face with a big hammer...We don't know if his intention was to simply dislodge the mask and 'save' Makuta or simply crush his face thinner than a motel mattress and be rid of his pain in the a brother once and for all...

As for a Gollum identity that could definitely work but it would need some good writers to prevent it becoming an obvious character clone. We have to be able to recognise the struggle within him without suddenly twigging on and going 'oh so the mask is like the one ring' or suddenly we all know how the story is going to end (to some extent anyway) 

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Noone is going to any effort to make you disagree with them. You already disagree with several people all on your own... 

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

...While that may be a reason, we don't know that Ekimu DIDN'T know that. If he truly thought Makuta was too dangerous to begin with, why did he remove the mask? Why not just end it right there and kill him? No, Ekimu spared his brother's life, so I suspect he won't try that, unless the two of them are revived and Makuta continues to do evil.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having Makuta be like Gollum in LotR. The 'Gollum' identity was formed from his love for the One Ring, but his former self, Smeagol, began to show through after befriending Frodo. Gollum loved the Ring, while Smeagol hated it. Also, Norman Osborn in the first Spiderman movie. After being injected with the enhancement serum, the Green Goblin identity entered him. The "Norman" personality wanted to continue to be a good guy and make amends for the destruction he caused (at first, anyway), and the "Goblin" wanted to continue to cuase more havoc.

Makuta could be like that in that his true self hates what he's done and wishes to attone for it, but there's still a part of him that's attached to the mask and feels a need to have it and use its power. Ekimu could sympathize with the good half of his brother, while simultaneously wanting to kill the "evil" half.

But maybe he didn't know what would happen when he smashed his brother in the face with a big hammer...We don't know if his intention was to simply dislodge the mask and 'save' Makuta or simply crush his face thinner than a motel mattress and be rid of his pain in the a brother once and for all...

As for a Gollum identity that could definitely work but it would need some good writers to prevent it becoming an obvious character clone. We have to be able to recognise the struggle within him without suddenly twigging on and going 'oh so the mask is like the one ring' or suddenly we all know how the story is going to end (to some extent anyway) 

The narration says "managed to knock the mask from Makuta's face." This implies that Ekimu wasn't trying to do a lot of damage.

You're really going through a lot of effort to make me not agree with you.

Well, we're talking about having the Makuta set, in either/both forms (Mask-Maker and Possessed), which are two versions of the same individual. Hydraxon was his own identity, and Dekar another entirely. It's not confusing. The Ignika more or less killed Dekar, and then revived Hydraxon using Dekar's old form. 

If I say Norik, which set do you think I'm talking about? If I said "Dekar," you wouldn't think I was talking about Hydraxon, who doesn't share either name or appearance or story role with the former. The Hagah were a good example of releasing two versions of the same character in the same year.

Edited by ~T1S~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Fine whatever. Dekar being turned into Hydraxon means he's not Dekar anymore. I don't care enough about a throwaway example to completely derail this topic.

Well, that's how it's been since 2007. I was just pointing out that your example didn't match the situation. I understand what you meant, that LEGO has done that before, but they didn't do it with Dekar/Hydraxon. Just wanted to clarify that. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I'm not opposed to a traditional red-and-black + gray Makuta, or a purple-and-gold mask-maker Makuta. I think the red-and-black one would be more likely to get a set form, simply because sets are, for the most part, based on current story and not on past story. As for size, probably Toa-sized would be most logical, since he grew from Protector-size. Or Witch Doctor size. 

As for character, I would like him to be different from Gen1 Makuta, but I don't want to see him turned into Lord Garmadon either. I hope he is either a genuine villain who is really out for his own interests or a being burdened by serious regret and trying to make things right, but not both. It's possible for them to mix both in a way different from Garmadon, but I just don't like those odds. Even with Pohatu doing tornadoes, Bionicle isn't Ninjago, and I hope they understand that going forward. 

I would like a pre MoUP Makuta paired with Ekimu and an ultimate evil version of Makuta in titan form, big black and red, preferably covered in spikes and with a pair of big demon-like wings like what he had in LoMN and a trident for a weapon or some kind of epic-looking spear. A tail and hooves would be pretty awesome too but that may be too demonic looking for LEGO. On the other hand, Makuta in the movies looked quite demonic. Character-wise I would much rather he was like the Overlord as opposed to Garmadon in terms of being pure evil or at least remorseless. I thought Garmadon's convenient redemption was dumb and he was simply replaced by an ambiguous evil ghost that was rather bland and sounded like he had a moth permanently. embedded in his throat.

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

As for character, I would like him to be different from Gen1 Makuta, but I don't want to see him turned into Lord Garmadon either. I hope he is either a genuine villain who is really out for his own interests or a being burdened by serious regret and trying to make things right, but not both. It's possible for them to mix both in a way different from Garmadon, but I just don't like those odds. Even with Pohatu doing tornadoes, Bionicle isn't Ninjago, and I hope they understand that going forward. 

Are you sure about that? :P

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Are you sure about that? :P

I saw that image before I even wrote that post. Even with that image yet existing, Bionicle isn't Ninjago, and I hope they understand that going forward. :P

I want a bright pink and light blue Makuta who wields a giant lollipop, Cuckoo Palace style.

If they don't do that for us, I think that's a good recipe for a MoC. It would probably have to be System (possibly Mixel-y), however, since as of yet no constraction pieces exist in pink. 

• Upvote 1