Theory: The Ancient City

So what are you saying, you think the Lord of Skull spiders cold be in the Temple grounds itself? Based on that picture where the ruins seems overrun with foliage it is a safe bet all manner of nefarious creatures could be making their home on the grounds.

In the app, there is a boss fight with the LoSS on the bridge leading into the city, so if that information is to be trusted and followed in other media then he's not so much IN the city so much as guarding it. Personally though I think there will be a number of LoSS each with their own little army of SS. Think of them like Starship Troopers' brain bugs if you like. So while there is at least one LoSS guarding the city  (technically at least 6 as you can defeat it with ach Toa in the game, though that's really a stretch) that doesn't rule out the possibility of more being inside!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

This is possible. Though not sure if I could see lego re-releasing the LoSS for other "tribes" with how poorly I hear the original had been selling. If anyone wanted to do this they may have to just buy multiples of the one released. Me I want one but have not seen any of the 2015 stuff on the shelf yet. I did build one in the LDD with the parts available to me. By that I mean he has no eyes and I could not seem to get function to work. With swarming character leaders there usually are not too many of the big "daddy"/"Momma" I think the general consensus was two. Still I like the idea of multiple LoSS. I'd rather see some other creatures play out as well.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I don't think you'd need different designs of LoSS, they could quite easily all look the same but still have different roles. And I think it would be fine to have lots of LoSS as long as we're introduced to a bigger baddie in the Summer wave who we can think of as the LoLoSS! The thing with bugs, there's always a hierarchy! The LoSS by it's nature has been suggested to be in charge of the SS we've seen so far. But we haven't been told how many SS a LoSS can control so there may well be a whole network of them operating under one BIG boss. Think of how the Makuta's each watched over a certain part of the MU with Miserix watching over all of them. In this case Miseri would be the Skull Spider Queen or something and be a BIG titan set that is shown to control all of the LoSS. She could be protecting the MoC too for all we know, or maybe she was created by the MoUP to watch over ituntil Makuta can reclaim it... That would eplain the SS infestation, she's trying to find his body for the MoUP :o

Well I know it is a bit off topic but what of Makuta. I mean I keep reading that he and his brother are dead from their short bout. Well we have seen one brother lane to rest but what of the other? I mean all we know about Makuta is that he made an unnatural mask, got taken over by it, lost it from a smack of his brother's hammer, then nothing. Oh and the three most powerful masks (4 if you also count the Vahi) are lost on the island somewhere. But where does it actually say he died from the encounter?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I don't think it says that anywhere. It's phrased as something more akin to an 'unwaking sleep' or some similar jazz... I certainly doubt he's dead. This is Bionicle's original big biad. It would seem rather foolish to include him BY NAME just for the sake of a cameo role. Especially since we've already seen him in two seperate forms, both of which we want to see sets of! Same as Ekimu. We're almost guaranteed to get the brothers as two titan sets, each with their respective masks (MoC and MoUP) I'd like to see a twin pack of the brothers in their original forms too with the Mask of Control for Makuta and maybe something else for Ekimu... Maybe the Vahi? Seems unlikely we'd get two legendary masks in such a small set though...

there's that word again... What is with everyone talking about the Vahi? I don't remember seeing it in any of the videos. Could I get a screen cap or something?

EDIT: On a side note, We didn't get a Makuta mold for a while did we? I mean there was the whole shadow deal and then the stones, but when did we get and actual form to be made into a set? So can't be unheard of that while disappointing he may be just a cameo role right now. Just a thought. Could be wrong on that.

Onua.png

there's that word again... What is with everyone talking about the Vahi? I don't remember seeing it in any of the videos. Could I get a screen cap or something?

Somewhere in the story, there exists a Mask of Time, not necessarily the Vahi. People just call it that because it's four letters--quick and easy to type. :P

Anyway, my theory is that the MoT is hidden in the aptly-named Temple of Time, as a sort of contingency plan in case something goes horribly wrong.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

EDIT: On a side note, We didn't get a Makuta mold for a while did we? I mean there was the whole shadow deal and then the stones, but when did we get and actual form to be made into a set? So can't be unheard of that while disappointing he may be just a cameo role right now. Just a thought. Could be wrong on that.

What do you mena by a Makuta mold? Bionicle sets don't have molds, just their parts do. And we got Makuta Icarax in 08 I think (?) so quite near to the end of the run really, only a few years before the character was killed.

All of that is immaterial however as a NEW 2015 Makuta woun't use any of the old parts at all. The Kraahkan (the only unique mold made specifically for the original Makuta) is a mask of Shadow wheras new Makuta wears either the Mask of Control or the Mask of Ultimate Power. 

It occurs to me that you may mean 'it took several years for a Makuta set to be produced' which is true. In this reboot however we've seen Makuta depicted in set form right from the get go, in the very first cartoon, and with a new NAMED mask no less. So I don't think there's any reason to believe we'll have to wait more than 6-12 months for some sort of Makuta set this time round...

Somewhere in the story, there exists a Mask of Time, not necessarily the Vahi. People just call it that because it's four letters--quick and easy to type. :P

Anyway, my theory is that the MoT is hidden in the aptly-named Temple of Time, as a sort of contingency plan in case something goes horribly wrong.

Perhaps the Summer story will see the Toa defeated and the mask of time will be used to rewind and give them another chance somehow. It's a bit gimmicky but could work, has been seen in plenty of tropes... The toa failing would give the protectors a good chance to shine as well, leaving them plenty of room for development.

Perhaps the Summer story will see the Toa defeated and the mask of time will be used to rewind and give them another chance somehow. It's a bit gimmicky but could work, has been seen in plenty of tropes... The toa failing would give the protectors a good chance to shine as well, leaving them plenty of room for development.

As long as they don't handle it the way they did in Ninjago. If that episode was anything to go by, I hope they decide to forego any time-travel or re-writing of history, even if this is a separate story team. I just think it gets overused.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Well I feel dumb (Where's my dunce cap?) because I actually thought the Vahi or MoT allowed the wearer to travel through time when it was first released back then. When I used it on my figures that's how I played it. Recently and with the movie itself I learned it does not actually do that but instead allows the wearer to slow or speed up time within a certain area. If this is true and these images are an omen (Think Final Destination 2) of them encountering it for real or otherwise needing it I think maybe it will work much the same way. Or maybe a "Do over" Like in Galaxy Quest's Omega 13. Where it only effects a short distance into the past.

PS, finally got my Screen cap in another topic. I feel really like a dunce after seeing them clear as day... :(

Onua.png