Set Review: 21301 Birds

LEGO Ideas Birds Teaser Image

2015 starts off with the release of the new LEGO Ideas #009 set, 21301 Birds. This model was designed by Tom Poulsom and passed through LEGO Cuusoo (now LEGO Ideas) to become an official set. Now it's available for purchase, but just how good are these avian sculptures? Read on or watch the video review by BZPower Reporter Xccj to find out.

View the full article

First time reading a review of an Ideas set, and I didn't realize that the box and instructions booklet were different for a more premium feel. Very cool. This and the awesome price makes me seriously consider picking this up for myself. Do Ideas sets have a limited run, though?

Thanks for the review. This highlights how LEGO can make even mundane things like birds take on a neat new feel. It's all about the medium. ;)

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

I didn't even realize this had became a set until I saw it on the front page. I'm really happy that this is available of the public, because it looks like a really great set. I like all the birds that can be built in it, though the Bluejay is probably my favorite.

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Do Ideas sets have a limited run, though?

Generally, yes. The Mars Rover, Research Institute, and Exo Suit all sold out within days of their release, and while the Exo Suit has seen extra runs, the other two are pretty much sold out, unless you happen to come across them in store. The Birds haven't sold out yet, but if you want them, I would suggest looking into it sooner than later.

And yea, they only announced that the project had made it back in November, so it's a fairly fast turnaround.

:music:

Do Ideas sets have a limited run, though?

Generally, yes. The Mars Rover, Research Institute, and Exo Suit all sold out within days of their release, and while the Exo Suit has seen extra runs, the other two are pretty much sold out, unless you happen to come across them in store. The Birds haven't sold out yet, but if you want them, I would suggest looking into it sooner than later.

And yea, they only announced that the project had made it back in November, so it's a fairly fast turnaround.

:music:

Thanks for the heads up. I've got a vacation planned so I'm already saving up. Perhaps this one will have to get passed over but there'll be more Ideas sets, of course.

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui