Takua - Traveler in the Light

Makaru

Love it. Was waiting for someone to do this.

Not the biggest fan of the gun on the staff, looks a bit bulky. But it works with the G2 Protector/Villager weapon aesthetic they seem to be going for, so props on that.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

It's alright looking, the color is really odd, but you did used two protector and I also like that you made it a protector build. The weapon is nice, but it's really odd looking when the baster is facing that way on the weapon (seem like it would be hard to shoot it without it hitting your head)

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Quality design. It hadn't even occurred to me when I saw it on Flickr that it only uses parts from the Protector of Fire and Protector of Water. But it definitely works! The colors are very well-balanced, and while the body design is a bit plain, it still feels unique. Even the weapon is a nice design!

Wow, this is amazing!  Definitely looks like a plausible 2015 set that LEGO would release.  I really like the weapon design in particular.  It really does fit the weapon style the protectors utilize.  Overall a job well done!  Now if only LEGO could make individual villagers/matoran canon...

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

I really love the Gen2 Takua. Especially the little blurb, "he's stealing all my stuff". I mean, he looks like a typical Protector, so there's not much to say, but I do like the staff, and I like the colours. I didn't expect them to blend well, but I think the transparent parts somehow just meld better than opaque ones. I hope he actually makes a comeback, and is actually in a Toa of Light saga. He probably won't be, at least not a Takua form. Who knows? Finally, I would've probably made the launcher a separate weapon on the other hand, make it similar to the Protector of Stone's staff, or put it on an opposite end of the staff, but yours adds an interesting battle mechanic.

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

• 2 weeks later...

Not the biggest fan of the gun on the staff, looks a bit bulky. But it works with the G2 Protector/Villager weapon aesthetic they seem to be going for, so props on that.

To be honest, I was looking at the assortment of leftover pieces and scratching my head over what to do with them. I knew something akin to the Chronicler's staff was a must. I'm not overjoyed with the result, and it is certainly not the showstopper, but I'm glad it fits in aesthetically.

I love this! Does he have a second silver shell-detail on his back?

It was imperative to me that Takua include a backpack, as a reference to MNOLG. That is what the shell is supposed to represent; an unlimited bag of holding.

I really love the Gen2 Takua. Especially the little blurb, "he's stealing all my stuff".

Again, kind of a reference to RPG logic where if it ain't nailed down you will almost certainly need it for a puzzle later. To me, the important parts of Takua (not Takanuva but Takua specifically) is he's an outcast, a thief and particularly unmoved to be a part of any important plot despite the fact it follows him like some sort of fate magnet.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Not a bad MOC. I could definitely see Takua in there somewhere.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Yeah when I get a more disposable income I want to make this guy as well. With permission of course.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Mask packs would be cool, but they kind of cut their own legs off here with the Protectors having identical masks. The only Masks they have releasable would be the Toa and story wise thus far there is not reason for them to get new masks. I mean Each Toa is of a single element like Gen1 and needs to go on a quest to receive a golden version of their main mask. This is where the story differs. While in Gen1 they had to collect one of each of their masks to unlock the golden version thus needing multiple masks out there for each "power". This Gen the Golden masks are solo. So instead of 6+ masks to search for, for each Toa they each only have to search for one. So by limiting the current possibility of extra masks out there at this time. Add in that each mask is an elemental mask instead of a "powered" mask, there is no reason for them to hunt for any others should they exist.

The collectable masks we know are out there on the island:

1. Mask of Creation (Gold)

2. Mask of Control (Gold)

3. Mask of U-Power (Black?)

4. Mask of Skull Spiders (Gold)

5. Mask of Time (Vahi?) (Gold)

6. Special protector mask (Gold)

7 - 12. Toa Elemental masks (Gold)

See a pattern yet? So far the only masks that are not pre-owned by a character that need to be found and "collected" are gold masks. Gold Masks usually don't have different colors when released as a gold mask. These Masks for the most part are released in respective sets. LoSS got its gold version, Each Toa got their respective Gold Mask. So far the only masks we don't have are the 3 special masks (Control, Creation, UP) and they could quote possibly be released in their respective sets. The Mask of Time could come in any random set if so chosen. So unless they change the rules on this Gen's Mask power options the only "Mask Packs" we are likely to get right now would be either Skull Spiders(No point as so many come with current sets) or maybe another foe who can connect like a mask.

It is sad but true... Because of the Elemental property of the Masks this Gen they don't have much reason to release Mask packs. This doesn't mean definitively they wont. I mean it is a toy company trying to make money and while there is no story link to support releasing the masks in different colors, they still could if so desired. Just seems unlikely due to story plot, etc...

Onua.png

Mask packs would be cool, but they kind of cut their own legs off here with the Protectors having identical masks. The only Masks they have releasable would be the Toa and story wise thus far there is not reason for them to get new masks. I mean Each Toa is of a single element like Gen1 and needs to go on a quest to receive a golden version of their main mask. This is where the story differs. While in Gen1 they had to collect one of each of their masks to unlock the golden version thus needing multiple masks out there for each "power". This Gen the Golden masks are solo. So instead of 6+ masks to search for, for each Toa they each only have to search for one. So by limiting the current possibility of extra masks out there at this time. Add in that each mask is an elemental mask instead of a "powered" mask, there is no reason for them to hunt for any others should they exist.

The collectable masks we know are out there on the island:

1. Mask of Creation (Gold)

2. Mask of Control (Gold)

3. Mask of U-Power (Black?)

4. Mask of Skull Spiders (Gold)

5. Mask of Time (Vahi?) (Gold)

6. Special protector mask (Gold)

7 - 12. Toa Elemental masks (Gold)

See a pattern yet? So far the only masks that are not pre-owned by a character that need to be found and "collected" are gold masks. Gold Masks usually don't have different colors when released as a gold mask. These Masks for the most part are released in respective sets. LoSS got its gold version, Each Toa got their respective Gold Mask. So far the only masks we don't have are the 3 special masks (Control, Creation, UP) and they could quote possibly be released in their respective sets. The Mask of Time could come in any random set if so chosen. So unless they change the rules on this Gen's Mask power options the only "Mask Packs" we are likely to get right now would be either Skull Spiders(No point as so many come with current sets) or maybe another foe who can connect like a mask.

It is sad but true... Because of the Elemental property of the Masks this Gen they don't have much reason to release Mask packs. This doesn't mean definitively they wont. I mean it is a toy company trying to make money and while there is no story link to support releasing the masks in different colors, they still could if so desired. Just seems unlikely due to story plot, etc...

Okay.

Wow, this is just awesome and I can't believe I hadn't found out about it any sooner.

The color scheme is really balanced and somewhat energetic like the official Protector sets, but at the same time it still has a solid look to it. Speaking of official, this creation looks like an official set that came from Lego, at least to me it does. 

I'm also not much of a fan of the blaster attached to the staff, unfortunately. However, I will say that it doesn't look that bulky and I think it was implemented into the staff quite well.

I want to do a more complex build for him, but first I wanted to see what I could do with only the Fire Protector and Water Protector sets.

%5BGallery%5D

P.S. So has this happened yet? Has a more complex version of him out there in your collection?

Onua.png