Persona: Sea of Djinn - Discussion

25K Now!

persona ~ sea of djinn : discussion topic

What's Hip and Happening in al-Bareha?

• The autopsies for the two dead cops have revealed that there have been strange chew marks on their brains. Other officers have died in similar manners previously.
  • Jake, Michelle and Lauren are currently fighting Shadows in a pocket dimension born from a random alleyway.
  • The autopsy for the two cops that died has arrived.
  • Special Investigations has been assigned to the disappearing bus case.

Profile Template

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Arcana:[/b] (Which of the Major Arcana fits your character’s personality?)
[b]Weaponry and Tools:[/b] (Please be reasonable, and keep in mind that as a member of the Commonwealth, al-Bareha possesses far stricter gun laws than in the United States.)
[b]Skills:[/b] (What is your character good at doing?)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b][u]Persona[/u][/b]

[b]Name:[/b] (What is the name of the entity born from your own personality?)
[b]Origin and Background:[/b] (What is it based off?)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (What does this Persona look like? Even if its origin is human, a Persona’s appearance is usually incredibly strange, even if humanoid.)
[b]Powers and Abilities:[/b] (What can it do? Is it physically strong? Capable of elemental magics? Good at identifying things?)

List of Approved Profiles

Staff NPC Profiles

Mitch "Pinkie" Michaels: Leader of the Roadkill Group in al-Bareha

Name: Mitch “Pinkie” Michaels

Arcana: Magician

Weaponry and Tools: Butterfly knife; Browning Hi-Power

Skills: Good shot; good fighter; understands gang politics

Appearance: Standing at a height of 1.7 m, Pinkie is surprisingly short and scrawny for a gangster. Indeed, his pink-tipped, floppy, messy brown hair, easily burnt pale skin and tendency to blush constantly do not really paint the picture of a man who leads the biggest player of al-Bareha’s underworld. His pink and flowery t-shirts do not help in such matters either, but it is clear from his scarred and hairy arms and the bulletproof vest he wears beneath his clothing that he is still quite the dangerous man.

Personality: Commanding; dislikes incompetence; touchy about height and strength; a bit of a racist; short-tempered; respects loyalty; considers his subordinates to be little bros; greedy; hates being wrong; prone to malapropisms; amicable when relaxed; can be stubborn; cheeky;

Biography: A native of London, Pinkie spent the majority of his youth causing trouble, involving himself in all sorts of unsavoury activities. He would end up joining the Roadkill Group, serving in its London branch until being transferred down to al-Bareha, where he rose rapidly through the ranks, establishing connections with the locals and removing enemies. Under his reign, Pinkie solidified the Group’s presence in the Arabic city-state, improving its prosperity greatly and reducing as much conflict with the police as possible. During a nightly walk, he was ambushed by a Shadow, barely surviving through the manifestation of his own Persona. Now, he plans to use the powers of the supernatural to ensure that none can threaten his organisation.

Weaknesses: He’s a scrawny guy and not exactly physically strong.

Persona

Name: Boggart

Origin: The boggart is a malevolent, shapeshifting spirit from English folklore. The household variation is known for committing acts such as disappearing items, causing disruption to the natural order, interfering with animals and in general being hostile, while the swamp and moor variations are more seriously evil, capable of abducting children and devouring them alive.

Appearance: The form that Mitch’s Persona takes upon is that of a squat, bow-legged creature of a sickly white countenance. It possesses saucer-like pink eyes, a crooked nose with large nostrils, and a gaping mouth that holds rows and rows of sharp-yellow teeth. It is completely hairless except for its head, which is covered completely in flower-covered brown fur, and its incredibly long arms, which possess the same on its three-fingered hands.

Powers and Abilities: It is capable of casting illusions, whether to disguise Mitch or to change how others perceive the world. It also provides strong telekinesis and the ability to teleport short distances.

Edited by Tyler St. Francis
  • Upvote 2

Name: Jack Workman

Arcana: The Lovers

Weaponry and Tools: A hardcover pocket edition of the encyclopedia

Skills: Writing and reading, an excellent historian... When he puts his mind to it.

Appearance: A man who favors clean white button-up shirts with rolled up sleeves and blue jeans. Has blue eyes with messy, yet combed hair. Enjoys wearing a blue leather bracelet and various pendants.

Personality: Somewhat of an average person, Jack works at a bookstore in Mallville. In regards to most supernatural happenings, he takes things in stride, barely batting an eye at the monstrous creatures that he might encounter. He has a particular distaste for towels and a particular affinity for shipping people.

Biography: The eldest child of a pair of wealthy Americans, Jack Workman was due to inherit a multimillion rubber duck bath toy empire from his parents. Unwilling to take a role within the company, he fled the country and ended up working at a bookstore.

Weaknesses: Towels, rubber ducks, rubber duck towels. Not trained in combat, and despite his persona's properties, he gets really uncomfortable at the sight of blood.

Persona

Name: Ishtar

Origin: Ancient Babylonian War & Love goddess

Appearance: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/b/b2/Ishtar.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20080926225035Powers and Abilities: An exceptional healer, Ishtar can heal almost anything. Lesser wounds can often be healed under a day, although severe wounds could take several days, depending on the severity of the wound. While Ishtar is a powerful healer, she has but one attack. Ishtar can create a wave of electricity, damaging all who are in the surrounding area. Except for Jack, of course. Jack is also the only thing Ishtar cannot heal.

Edited by Landes'Rehn

Hello! I've never played the Persona games before but this looks interesting! I'm a bit stuck on what to do for a Persona though. 

So I don't really know what I can base Personas off of. It seems like it's focused on mythological, folklore, and public domain literature. But the best I can really come up with is something based off of the classic image of ninjas. And the appearance I was thinking of was something like its' made of dark wisps, but with technological bits and pieces on it too making it look like a cyborg kinda. And taking inspiration from Zero of the Mega Man X series, the weapon would be some sort of energy katana, and it'd have the attributes of a Glass Cannon.

I am stuck assigning an Arcana to this concept though, and I'm not even sure if it's legal. I'd appreciate any help on what to do right now because this looks like something I wanna play!

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

@Auron: Jack and Ishtar are approved. Floating ducks soon.

Hello! I've never played the Persona games before but this looks interesting! I'm a bit stuck on what to do for a Persona though. 

So I don't really know what I can base Personas off of. It seems like it's focused on mythological, folklore, and public domain literature. But the best I can really come up with is something based off of the classic image of ninjas. And the appearance I was thinking of was something like its' made of dark wisps, but with technological bits and pieces on it too making it look like a cyborg kinda. And taking inspiration from Zero of the Mega Man X series, the weapon would be some sort of energy katana, and it'd have the attributes of a Glass Cannon.

I am stuck assigning an Arcana to this concept though, and I'm not even sure if it's legal. I'd appreciate any help on what to do right now because this looks like something I wanna play!

@Toru: So ... you want a cyborg ninja. I can see a Persona being based off a classic ninja with a laser katana, so if you work it well it'd probably be legal yeah.

But on the topic of Arcana: it's chosen according to the personality of your character. So is the Persona. They are all dependent on your character's personality.

I believe that this is better than that first profile I made...

Character

Name: Jake Harrison

Arcana: Justice

Weaponry and Tools: A good, strong baseball bat, a blackened military grade machete, and a few pairs of handcuffs. Not to mention a Swiss Army knife, a coil of rope, and some homemade smoke bombs.

Skills: Jake is a martial artist, and is moderately skilled in various forms of fighting, including Jiu-Jitsu, Kendo, and Krav Maga. He has a sharp mind, fair reflexes and knows how to shrug off hits. Also, he is a moderately good cook.

Appearance: Jake has a strong, chiseled face with a slightly off center nose from an accident at the studio. He is about 6’1, muscular, and has dark brown eyes and dirty blonde hair. His skin is fairly tan, and sports a few scars across his body. He generally wears dark clothing while not at his job, and prefers tennis shoes. While ‘patrolling’, as he calls his vigilantism, he wears black, loose clothing slightly reminiscent of a ninja’s.

Personality: Jake has an incredibly strong moral compass, and feels responsible for stopping crime around the section of the city he lives in. He has deep concern for the well being of others and will put himself at risk to save an innocent. However, Jake feels like joining the police department would be both too restricting and bring him into contact with guns, which he has an irrational fear of.

Biography: At a young age, Jake lost his parents to a shooting at an airport, and ever since has been unable to stand guns. He was raised by his uncle, who owned a martial arts studio in America. In his early years, he had a passion for strategy games, from chess to RTS games, but had a special love for strategic card games. However, when he was old enough to train, he began martial arts lessons to learn how to protect himself and those he loved. His first and favorite martial art was Jiu-Jitsu, followed by Kendo. After moving away from his uncle, he traveled around, taking odd jobs and learning various languages and skills, like Italian cooking. Eventually, his work took him to Al-Bareha, and has stayed ever since his Persona first manifested himself after a shadow attacked him, only surviving because his Persona saved him. He has stuck around as a vigilante, hoping to figure out what exactly caused these mysterious events. He has a day job as a chef at an Italian Restaurant.

Weaknesses: Jake has an irrational fear of guns, which lucky for him, are rarer than in America due to the gun control laws. The sight of a gun will, on occasion, cause him to have flashbacks of his parent’s deaths. Also, he is not the best at sneaking without the aid of a well-placed smoke bomb. He refuses to kill anyone, even if they are trying to kill him, and has no connections in this city, so he has no allies/friends to go to.

Persona

Name: Quirinus

Origin and Background: A Roman warrior god originally, he became a god who watched over the well-being of the community, opposite to his former nature.

Appearance: http://erthepe.nl/sporen/Les3/Les3%20afbeeldingen/afb%20opdr%203b/Quirinus%20van%20Neuss.jpg

(Minus the sword).

Powers and Abilities: Quirinus is able to project shields over small areas which project a calming presence to those under it. These shields can only be penetrated from the inside, unless something very powerful is trying to bring it down. Beyond that, he has physical strength above normal and carries an oak spear. Maintaining a shield takes a large amount of concentration, and if Jake is panicked or Quirinus is fighting a shield can’t be raised.

Edited by sonyaxe

Why can she only speak English and Japanese in al-Bareha, especially as the child of businesspeople who would most likely have to deal with Arabic-speaking staff/customers/other businesspeople? She's spent a long time there, hasn't she? 

Persona ... what makes it an actual ninja instead of a generic cyborg beyond its katana? How is it related to Lauren's psyche? It doesn't feel like something that properly represents the Arcana and her personality. Also, it seems incredibly powerful: to dodge machinegun fire, it would have to move at supersonic speeds.

Iiiiiiiii.... Don't have an answer for that. Hmm. Guess I was too tired when thinking, yeah, the language doesn't make sense, hmm..... Will modify that accordingly.

My intention was more about giving it the traits of ninjas as seen in popular culture and such, like his laser katana and being a Glass Cannon. Also, the whole idea about ninjas in folklore being associated with shadows and darkness, ZerΩ is pretty much MADE out of that and such. If that's not good enough, maybe I should tone down the speed (which I probably should do anyways) and add other abilities like.... Temporary invisibility maybe? Or wind powers?

Also, I tried to make the ninja fit by giving Lauren a less-than scrupulous and honest personality, basically manipulating her way up and generally using some sneaky tactics of her own during conversations. Heck, maybe even backstabbing people (metaphorically speaking) to accomplish her goals at any cost. That's what I thought would work, at least.

Edited by Toru Acura: The Saboteur

The thing is, Zer-Omega, beyond its name which is a ridiculously unsubtle shout-out to MMZ (good taste in video games by the way), doesn't really feel like a Persona. It doesn't really seem to fit the Wheel of Fortune, nor does it have much basis in ninja folklore and pop culture. It feels like something completely original that doesn't have much in the way of being an aspect of Lauren's personality. Being unscrupulous, a backstabber and the other such things should have been mentioned in the personality field originally, and yes while they could be represented as a ninja, Zer-Omega doesn't actually feel like any ninja at all.

It's some weird mutant Reploid.

A Persona takes upon the appearance of something from the collective myths and legends and culture of humanity. Zer-Omega doesn't, really.

Note, I am absolutely godawful at coming up with good names. This is one of those moments where I resort to references to fill in blank spots, for better or for worse.

This is kind of ball-dropping is exactly what I was afraid of doing...... Urgh, I have like, zero percent creativity today. Though, I at least didn't make him all robot, and tried to do soemthing actually.... Something that didn't work at all in the end, but yeah.

Like I said, my creative juices haven't been running today, so I'm slightly at a loss for what to do now. I swear I've had RP experience before and done better than this, ugh....I'm gonna have to ask for help, sorry guys! This is super stupid of me that I need to do this, I just can't fix anything itherwise. At least coming up with a better name would be appreciated..... Though suggestions on how to fix things wiuld also be cool. (Still wanna keep the whole made out of shadows thing if possible though)

Name: Clara Emerald 

Arcana: The Sun

Weaponry and Tools: Standard police equipment, handgun (glock .45 auto). 

Skills: An excellent officer, one of the few that has developed a Persona, which she uses to combat supernatural threats. 

Appearance: She has a tanned, olive complexion, black hair and green eyes. A bit taller than average, is thin, but has a muscled tone. 

Personality: Her cheerful disposition is often at odds with the world she lives in. When she's not in a serious situation she's rather relaxed and likes to have fun with whoever is available. She is a rather affectionate person, somewhat goofy at times. Gets distracted easily. She's known to invite people inside her house, even if she doesn't really know them all that well. 

Biography: Growing up in the shadier parts Al-Bareha, she's seen her fair share of crime. It was one of those crimes that made her an orphan. It taught her to hate crime with a passion, and despite her friendly demeanor towards most she never forgot it. It was no real surprise when she joined the Al-Bareha Police Authority. The more recent, supernatural events have been quite a shock, but she's taken them in stride. She's still working out the whole having a Persona thing.

Weaknesses: For a police officer she's oddly trusting, sometimes too trusting. She's only had a Personal for a short while and using that power is very taxing. 

Persona

Name: Maneki-neko

Origin and Background: Maneki-neko, often know as the welcoming or happy cat, based off a Japanese figurine often believed to bring good luck to it's owner.  

Appearance: She appears largely humanoid, though she has impossibly orange hair, a bright orange tail, a pair of cat ears, claws, and green, slitted cat eyes. Reminds you of a tabby cat. Has the tendency to raise a 'paw' up like she's waving. 

Powers and Abilities: Being essentially a cat, she displays the abilities of one, having good reflexes, being able to hear, smell, and sense things exceptionally well, etc. She is able to use elemental fire attacks, ranging from setting things on fire to shooting flames. Obliviously the more she uses this power the greater strain it is for Clara. She can also heat up her claws to dangerous temperatures. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Changing Arcana to Chariot actually makes sense and I can do that. I still don't know bunk about mythological or folklore creatures/beings/whatever though. Hence I still have a bit of trouble on what would be appropriate and at the same time able to stand out.

Halp again??

Would Jason or any of the Argonauts fit the Chariot Arcana and Lauren? It's late at night and I'm throwing ideas at walls to see if they stick. I wouldn't know what power to give Jason or whatever though, so this is just an idea I might use later on.

Apologies for so many questions. If you'd like, I can move this to PM.

Name: Yasmin El-Amin

Arcana: Moon

Weaponry and Tools: standard issue ABPA equipment including Glock 17 pistol, baton, two way radio, etc

Skills: reasonably well trained in combat (both unarmed and with one-handed weapons) as well as other duties of a police officer.

Appearance: Yasmin's face is nondescript, especially since she usually hides it behind a huge pair of sunglasses and sometimes even a surgical mask. She is almost always seem in uniform (like this but in al-Bareha's colors). She stands at about 160 cm. She has brown hair (which nobody ever sees) and brown eyes (also which nobody ever sees)

Personality: Yasmin on first glance appears to be made of stone. She lets no emotion show on her face, wearing a mask of stoicism and restraint. While wearing this mask, she can be quite blunt, harsh, and critical of the mistakes of others, though she spares herself no criticism as well. When that mask collapses, however, she lets her true nature show: anxious, neurotic, panicked. Yasmin considers all these traits ad undesirable and tries her best not to let her true self show, denying what she views as her weakness and creating an artificial persona to present to others. One unrelated thing to note is that Yasmin is very on-edge about supernatural matters, being very cautious about matters concerning Personae and such.

Biography: Yasmin's family has lived in al-Bareha ever since the days of the Caliphate as common citizens. Growing up, Yasmin dreamed of somehow becoming involved in space exploration; however, she didn't do so well in school and ended up becoming part of the al-Bareha Police Authority. Due to recently manifesting a Persona, she has been transferred to the Special Investigations Department.

Weaknesses: Yasmin can crack under stress, greatly decreasing her efficacy in high-pressure situations. She has the tendency towards brutal self-criticism and a tendency to overcompensate for what she perceives as her errors. Finally, she rarely uses her Persona due to being somewhat scared of it, as she is very wary of the supernatural.

Persona

Name: Chang'e

Origin and Background: Chinese goddess of the moon.

Appearance: basic form is similar to this picture, but while her clothes look normal, her body appears to be made of glowing light, with no discernable facial features. On her back are four panel-like wings similar to that of a satellite.

Powers and Abilities: Chang'e can fly for short distances. She can pick things up (including Yasmin) and carry them around while flying. While capable of flying on her own by seemingly magical means, she can fire rocket exhaust her feet and hands for an extra push. These jets can be used offensively at close ranges, burning the opponent. As well, Chang'e can create illusions by dancing. These illusions can be duplicates of herself or Yasmin or other objects, allowing her to misdirect foes in battle and cover Yasmin's movements.

Also, question:

Did the events of any of the Persona games or any of the other series in the Megami Tensei universe occur here? Does anybody know of their events? Does the al-Bareha government or other well-informed organizations have anything to work off of in their investigations? Or are they "flying blind"?

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

So if a Persona is kind of a you that is below your surface, does that mean it has its own thoughts? If so, does it have the ability to mentally communicate with the actual character?

Thanks!

I don't think so. It's more like an extension of your inner self, I don't believe it has it's own thoughts. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Name: Morgan Whatley 

Arcana:  Morgan falls  under the The Devil arcana. Due to Morgan’s nature it is largely under the positive side of the arcana, stemming from his total commitment to Val Verde and her peoples. He is totally dedicated to the ideals of his home countries government and to the safety of the people. Recent changes to his personality, however, indicate that the negative side of this arcana is also present however. 

Weaponry and Tools: Morgan Whatley makes use of a silenced Beretta 92 Pistol in combat, though due to the strict gun laws of the nation, he tends to restrict its usage to Val Verde’s embassy. Though, due to the current situation outside of the Embassy’s walls, he’s been petitioning the local government to lift weaponry restrictions for embassy personnel. Outside of the embassy he tends to rely on a taser, a baton (doubling as a symbol of his authority) and a combat knife hidden in his boot. Also on his person is his visa, passport, Swiss army knife and ID. Within the embassy, where he has the authority to do so, he also has a pair of handcuffs dangling at his side.

Skills: Like so many other heads of embassy security, Morgan has some training in the art of espionage and, indeed, was trained as spy for sometime. On his first mission however, he was critically wounded and lost some of his usage of his right arm, resulting his in transfer, at his own request, to the Val Verde Diplomatic Service. He is also competent with a variety of firearms, melee weapons and hand-to-hand combat, though the nature of military training ensures he hasn't precisely mastered these types of combat. They are not the result of a lifetime of training after all, against someone who had trained exclusively in one of these area’s, he would be at a disadvantage. He has some skill with languages, able to speak Spanish and the local dialect of Arabic with relative ease. His English tends to be broken however. His primary skill is his ability to plan, command and remain calm in high-stress situations, as befits someone placed in charge of providing security for a facility. 

Appearance: Morgan sports a fairly dark tan, a neatly trimmed tuft of sandy blonde hair and somewhat muscular frame. He stands at 5’8 and tends towards the lean side of thing as body types go, more as a result of his training then any sort of genetic predisposition. On his right shoulder there is a rather nasty scar, the result of a bullet wound. Though his shoulder healed, his right arm never quite seems to move right, sometimes shaking, sometimes simply moving more slowly than it should and at times, refusing to move at all. His eyes are a dark shade of slate grey, though they tend to be hidden by a set of black sunglasses during the day, and sometimes, at night. Clothing wise, when on the job he tends to wear a set of light blue fatigues set in the British multi-terrain pattern of digital camouflage along with an officer’s cap sporting the same design. This not precisely a uniform intended for combat. and is more of a marker of the Diplomatic Service than anything else. When not on the job, he still tends to wear these fatigues, due to having several uniforms set in the pattern.

Personality: Morgan Whatley tends towards the calm and collected, though after his injury he became more impulsive than before, believing his hesitation resulted in his wound and the death of his friend/lover Manuel, more than anything else. This results in a somewhat unpredictable personality, he can be cool and soft-spoken one moment and pacing angrily about his office speaking harshly about the restrictions placed on his security personal the next. He has a strong tendency to blame himself first, for any failures, rather than those working with him and has nothing but praise for the employees under him and for his nation, flawed though it may be. Some people tend to wear a mask in public, Morgan it appears, has the lost the ability to keep much of a mask up, showing his emotions easily….a fatal flaw for a spy, and part of the reason, aside from his own shame at the failure, for requesting his transfer. The current situation has also began to change his thought processes in some subtle ways, while still a careful planner, Whatley has been making more snap judgments than usual lately, perhaps indicating he feels he is losing control of the situation. 

Biography: Morgan Whatley, ever the patriot, enlisted into the service of Val Verde’s Intelligence Directorate as soon as he was able, dreaming of serving his nation faithfully as a spy, taking the fight to those who would strike at his people in the shadows. His training went well, his first few missions went well….and last but certainly not least, he had the luck to fall in love with his partner, a slightly older man, Manuel Esguerra. Val Verde, always more to the left then most of the region, was much more open to such things then their neighbors. The stage seemed set for Morgan’s dreams to come true, or as close to true as one can get. Then came Mexico. In a joint operation with their Mexican allies against a region-spanning drug cartel, Val Verde’s agents were ambushed and slaughtered by Cartel forces. Morgan, one of the few survivors, blamed himself for the failure and deaths of his comrade. Truth be told, the death of Manuel hit him the hardest, devastating Whatley emotionally. Feeling himself unfit for duty in the Intelligence Directorate, Whatley insisted on a transfer to the less dangerous Diplomatic Service. 

They sent him to the middle east, to a small nation known as al-Bareha, to provide protection for an embassy and a politically disfavored ambassador. Morgan adjusted well, all things considered. It was during this time, as he began to rebuild himself from the shattered remnants that remained, that his Persona manifested. He’s kept it largely to himself, fearing that it’s discovery could result in him being transferred back to the Intelligence Directorate due to the relative rarity-and value-of such things. Something he very much does not want. 

Weaknesses: Morgan’s right arm, as mentioned above, does not function quite right and even when it does function it is at a lesser level, forcing Morgan to rely on his left hand to accomplish most tasks. As he was naturally right handed, this results in a general loss of performance, though this is relatively minor, it means he tends to be less accurate, slower and coordinated then he should be, considering his training. At times his right arm will clamp up entirely and freeze into position, further limiting his ability and maneuverability. He has also developed a tendency to make snap judgements and show his emotions openly, this can be compromising his plans somewhat.

Don’t put your faith on a guy in shades..

Name: Sobek

Origin and Background: Sobek is an Egyptian god representing protection and benevolence, but nonetheless possessing a primal, even animalistic sort of emotion combined with a very erratic nature. Despite his animalistic nature, many of the ancients viewed him positively, as it was thought he used that fierceness, that wild ,erratic animal nature to protect his people from harm. This god is also strongly associated with the Nile Delta and the crocodiles that make their homes within.

Appearance: A man wearing ancient pharaonic dress, sporting a golden headdress. His head however, is that of a nile crocodile. His body is bronzed, as one would expect of a god of ancient Egypt. Golden bracelets and other ornaments are placed, seemingly with abandon onto parts of his body as well. He does not have any sort of footwear, and it is worth noting that when he walks, small pools of water are left behind, shaped in a sloppy imprint of his soles. His eyes, slitted in the reptilian fashion, seemed to alternate between flat and emotional to wild and crazed, seemingly with little rhyme of reason. 

Powers and Abilities: Sobek wields a golden staff in combat, tipped with his symbol. This staff, despite having no edge to it, functions quite well as a piercing weapon, leaving behind marks that almost resemble the bite of crocodile. Sobek also posses control, of a sort, of crocodiles and related reptiles, he can command them to perform simple tasks such as “rend that man limb from limb” or “smash the deck of that war galley into splinters” and such as. His primary ability however, is linked to his nature as a god of the Nile. He has access to a form of water magic, if there is a source of water nearby, it is within the realm of his abilities mold water into shapes it should not be able to hold-claws, high pressure jets and even a simple, great, drowning wave if he has enough power left to perform such a feat. 

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Quite a bit of trial and error has lead to this. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay. This profile has already been approved in PM but if you for some reason think I'm lying, ask Purple God. =P

Name: Lauren Lautrec
Arcana: Devil
Weaponry and Tools: A handbook that provides basic translations to some of the various languages spoken in Al-Bareha, two cans of pepper spray, a swiss army knife, and a refillable BPA-free water bottle.
Skills: Fluent in both English and Arabic, semifluent in other languages though needing her translation handbook most of the time. Also a convincing actor/liar, able to land small jobs ranging from acting in small movies to peddling in the market. 
Appearance: Lauren stands at around 5'9, and has a decently athletic frame from working out occasionally. Her hair is black and cut at neck length, while her eyes are a golden orange. Most of the time, she wears a black and grey T-shirt, a pair of white shorts, and a dark green sun hat to deal with the desert sun. Her default expression has her smirking out of one corner of her mouth.
Personality: Lauren is highly driven to accomplish her goal of building wealth to prove to the world (and herself) that she can. She doesn't like taking responsibility for her shortcomings, always trying to make excuses to take the blame off herself, most of which boil down to her claiming she has bad luck. Over her lifetime, Lauren has acquired the capacity to appear charismatic around others, and excellent speech and debate skills, and isn't above using underhanded and pragmatic methods, even willing to backstab her allies to accomplish her goals. Rather than fight her way out during confrontations, preferring to create a situation that allows her to retreat if possible. She doesn't have many true friends, and those those who wish to actually get to know her (for whatever reason) have to crack through a shell of bitterness and apathy to reach her sensitive side. 
Biography: Lauren's parents were mildly successful businessmen who moved to Al-Bahera when she was young for more opportunities in the market. However, after a short period of successes, bad investments cost her family a substantial chunk of the fortune they had acquired. The Lautrecs had enough money leftover to enjoy an averagely comfortable middle-class life, but Lauren became bitter about her fall in social standing nontheless. Soon she became convinced that fate simply didn't want her to become anything other than average, and made it her goal to accumulate more wealth than her parents ever did. Now she takes as many odd jobs as her schedule allows, making use of her acquired charisma and conversation skills. 
Weaknesses: When surprised or caught off guard, be it during a conversation or encounter, Lauren has a harder time using her conversational skills and may end up having her entire argument fall apart. A lack of real friends also means she must rely on herself and her Persona in most cases. Lacks combat training. During dangerous situations, Lauren is prone to panic and only think about saving her own skin.

Persona

Name: Kitsune
Origin and Background: Japanese mythological interpretation of foxes. 
Appearance: The Kitsune has golden fur, a black muzzle red eyes and markings, and nine tails. However, it often uses its abilities to hide its true form, making itself look like an ordinary fox or otherwise.
Powers and Abilities: Has the ability to gently mentally persuade others and influence their decisions. These gentle suggestions become less effective the stronger the target's will is. It can also project small-scale illusions, enough to confuse and/or disorient others.

Own profile up in here.

Name: Karīm Pahlavi

Arcana: The Sun

Weaponry and Tools: Cooking equipment

Skills: Karīm is a good cook, and an amateur cartographer in his spare time. 

Appearance: Tall and lanky, the brown-haired Karīm exudes a certain sense of awkward clumsiness, though his balance is perfectly fine. His skin is a pale olive, full of the vigour and energy that makes him so approachable. Indeed, his rounded face, curly hair, bushy eyebrows and twinkling chocolate eyes are all representative of his amicability. In most situations, he can be found wearing drab grey clothing, though when at work he wears the attire of a chef.

Personality: Disciplined guy; compassionate; will always be willing to lend a kind ear; easy-going; strong sense of duty; incredibly stingy with money; unwilling to criticise; a doormat; hopeful but lacking in own ambitions;

Biography: A native of al-Bareha, Karīm spent his youth in the southern districts, growing up in a rather liberal Islamic household. Throughout these years, he learnt to cook, taking to it much like a fish does to war. So skilled he was at cooking that he soon found a job at a local restaurant, working as a chef. Even now, he continues to cook at the restaurant all while continuing his studies at al-Bareha University for a degree in Nutrition.

Weaknesses: Karīm is unskilled in fighting and lacks real direction.

Persona

Name: Cyrus

Origin and Background: The founder and first king of the Achaemenid Empire, Cyrus the Great was renowned for his tolerance and magnanimity, and as such was considered a Messiah by the Jews. His territories stretched across the entirety of civilisation, netting him the title of King of the Four Corners of the World. He died at Syr Darya, but his empire would continue to live on for centuries after, forever changing both Iranian culture and the world.

Appearance: Cyrus is a man with bright blue skin, a trait that contrasts with his elegant crimson beard. His eyes are silver, and his nose is beakish like an eagle. He is robed in a gold and white garment, and wears a stylised helm decorated with lion claws. Four sets of wings emerge from his back, each one a green colour.

Powers and Abilities: As indicated by the presence of wings, Cyrus is capable of flying, as well as manipulating the winds to do his bidding. Due to his status as the King of the Four Corners, he provides his wielder with the ability to know exactly where he is, and his relative location to a familiar area.

Name: Michelle Menas
Arcana: Strength
Weaponry and Tools: Swiss army knife, smart phone and a comfortable hat to protect her from the sun
Skills: Hand-to-hand combat, specializing in boxing and grappling. Moderately knowledgeable about technology and cars
Appearance: Short and kind of sporty/stocky/tomboyish. Dark brown hair cut short, brown eyes. Mixed european/middle eastern heritage and skin tone. Couldn't really be called pretty
Personality: Believes strongly in justice and protecting the weak ; serious ; very subdued humor ; difficulty committing to "normal" people things such as jobs and school
Biography: She is an upright woman who tasks himself to protect the meager, indiscriminate in her kindness. It is her firm belief that anyone is capable of error, and that anyone is capable of learning from their mistakes and returning to path of virtue; those who would oppress others and permit violence to rule their hearts and actions have merely fallen prey to their own weakness. She has had this view since childhood, holding the somewhat immature dream of becoming a superhero. This has led to a NEET lifestyle, social awkwardness and disconnect with present day reality. In gaining a persona, she believes that she'll finally be able to realize her dream
Weaknesses: Unskilled with firearms, doesn't own any reliable CQC weaponry. Very forgiving and naive

Persona

Name: Saint George
Origin and Background: Saint George the Dragonslayer
Appearance: Tall and powerful, he is a knight clad in golden armor wrought in the shape of an anthropomorphic lion, horribly disfigured in a mixed expression of pain and anger. It stands roughly 250cm tall and (if human) would probably be in the range of 200kg. Has an ethereal leash going from his neck to her hand, restricting his range
Powers and Abilities: High physical strength, lacks ranged capabilities. It carries the lance Ascalon, the weapon used to slay a dragon in his legend. Against normal enemies it is merely a well made lance, against a target with draconian or serpent-like aspects, it would act as a repellent. It's only magical power is a single-target energy shield it can project around anyone considered an ally, not it's master or itself. Anyone inside the shield will be given a feeling of safety and a diminishing of negative emotions

Figured I'd check this out. The persona embodies the "protecting others" aspect of Strength. Which I feel was represented well by St George. It's appearance and leash is in reference to the common depiction of Strength as a woman restraining a beast.

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 1

...but close to it

P1 and P2 was a simple mental command to send the Persona out. P3 involved shooting yourself in the head. P4 used an ethereal focus in the form of a magic tarot card that you summoned and broke at will to summon a Persona.

You need to be focused on summoning the thing. Can't get distracted.

• 1 month later...

Name"Nanashi" (Nameless)
ArcanaThe Emperor

Weaponry and Tools: Riding gloves and boots.

Skills: Despite his apparent memory loss Nanashi still retains his martial arts training. Nanashi usually defaults to using Muay Thai or Eskrima but can catch his opponents off-guard by weaving in techniques from other martial arts. He's quite skilled at hand-to-hand combat and excels at fighting against armed opponents. As his clothing would suggest, Nanashi is an expert at handling vehicles of all sorts, although he's at his best on a motorcycle where he can really show off his acrobatic and stunt driving skills.
AppearanceNanashi is a young man who stands at about 5'10 with pale skin and black hair. His hair is usually messy and tends to stick up no matter how hard he tries to flatten it. The amnesiac will usually wear his goggles over his bangs. His dark brown eyes are rather dull. It's rare to find Nanashi in anything other than the motorcycle leathers that he appeared in al-Bareha wearing. The racing suit is mostly white, barring some areas discolored by what seems to have been dirt or blood and a large yellow 7 is printed on the back. There are several patched sections on the suit and most of the original armor has been replaced with newer, black padding.  The one constant piece of clothing that Nanashi will always wear though is his long red scarf. There's nothing particularly distinguishing about it but Nanashi does seem to have some subconscious attachment to it.
Personality: As befitting his major arcana, Nanashi is courageous to a fault. It also seems that he hides his insecurities and doubts with a prideful facade. Nanashi is an inherently curious person and Personas in particular pique his interest. Although generally appearing aloof and unapproachable, Nanashi is really a playful individual and easily flustered by the thought of romance.

Biography: al-Bareha tends to attract Persona users of all kinds from different corners of the world and Nanashi can be considered one of the stranger individuals drawn to this city. One day, he was simply there; sleeping on a bus stop bench. No records of his fingerprints or DNA can be found and he (apparently) claims to be an amnesiac. A Japanese passport was all that he had on him, but that was clearly forged with his name stated to be "Nanashi" and a blank spaces over his birth date and registered domicile. Perhaps the strangest thing about Nanashi is his lack of a pulse. After a medical check-up and x-rays, it was determined that Nanashi possesses an artificial heart - one created from a set of pumps. 
WeaknessesNanashi's suicidal overconfidence can get him into dangerous situations. His arrogant front also causes him to reject others' help at times making him somewhat of a loner despite knowing it'd be in his best interest to aid others. Socially, Nanashi lacks tact and can come off as belligerent or inconsiderate.

Persona

NameGilgamesh
Origin and BackgroundThe original demigod, Gilgamesh is the hero of the world's earliest epic. He was the oppressive and immature king of Uruk and known for his human strength and handsomeness. After several adventures and the death of his closest companion, Enkidu, Gilgamesh sought out the sage Utnapishtim to become immortal. After failing the immortal sage's tests Gilgamesh came to terms with death as an inevitability and found comfort in the eternal legacy of his kingdom and his life.
AppearanceGilgamesh is a large, mechanical humanoid that reflects the king's luxurious life. The Persona is clad in smooth, black armor that resembles a car's shell. Rich brown leather lines the armor shells and red triangles and lines form a pattern on his wrists and ankles. Like most Personas, Gilgamesh lacks any clearly defined feet. Blades from his inner frame extend out from under his armor and form high heels. A large portion of the chest armor is missing to reveal his skeletal inner frame. A silver and black engine is wedged into the frame's chest cavity and serves as its heart. Gilgamesh's face is a simple white mask that only shows off his headlight-like eyes. He wears a simple golden band around his head for a crown. This Persona carries around a scepter almost as tall as himself created from a traffic light and street signs.

Powers and Abilities: As befitting of his namesake Gilgamesh is a physical powerhouse. Although lacking in any range Gilgamesh makes up for it with its incredible speed and physical strength. In addition to this, Gilgamesh can absorb and wield electricity in battle.

Edited by -Golden Knight-

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-