Persona: Sea of Djinn

25K Now!

IC:

"Can too. If you weren't so frickin' sweet it wouldn't be an issue." Though her tone was deadpan, the words were less open to interpretation, and Desdemona had a wide, soft smile on her face. She spied the food out of the corner of her eye and flicked Adam with shake again.

"Sorry, sweetie," she apologized, grin turning teasing again.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Quite alright, babe." Adam said, emphasizing the word as the waiter started to set down food. He picked up an onion ring and held it out for Des to eat, barely hiding a teasing grin behind his smile. "Here, have an onion ring, honey."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"I told you, you started it." The baseball player commented with a grin as the waiter left, casually popping the other half of the onion ring into his mouth. "I'm just returning fire."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"A little bit, actually. I wouldn't hang out with you if I didn't like you." Adam remarked before lifting the massive burger he'd ordered off of his plate, and taking a large bite. A few moments later he practically beamed. "Delicious. Love these burgers."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Engine engine number nine"

CHOMP

"Going down Chicago line"

CHOMP

"If the train goes off the tracks"

CHOMP

"Do ya want ya money back"

CHOMP CHOMP

Ooh! Pickle!

Chomp.

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Clara

She let out a sigh, "Yeah, we've learned all we can from here. You wanna check out the other victim's place or worry about that later?" Clara wouldn't have minded a break honestly. Maybe look over the case reports back at headquarters again. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

NPC: Alleyway of Horrors

Something screamed in the darkness.

No, no longer darkness.

For the light of Ascalon had illuminated the true horror that had lied at the end of the alleyway.

Eyes. So many eyes. Hundreds of golden eyes scattered across a hard, rocky body that hissed with contact against the air. It was large. Terrifyingly so. Its great tongue was miniscule in comparison. Three legs. Three arms. No neck. And it was moving. Slowly and surely moving. It was pained, but the screams ... the wretched screams ... where was the mouth?

No mouth.

Chunks of stony flesh seemed to ripple upon its surface.

This was no dragon.

This was no serpent.

It was so much more.

Asag, the Plague Demon of Sumer.

"But you will force it into the shackles of the gods. You, Antelope of Heaven, must trample the mountains beneath your hooves, Ninurta, lord, son of Enlil. Who has so far been able to resist its assault? The besetting Asag is beyond all control, its weight is too heavy. Rumours of its armies constantly arrive, before ever its soldiers are seen. This thing's strength is massive, no weapon has been able to overturn it. Ninurta, neither the axe nor the all-powerful spear can penetrate its flesh, no warrior like it has ever been created against you."

Edited by Tyler St. Francis

IC: Clara

Clara simply nodded, and the two of them set off, leaving the crime scene. 

--------------------

A cup of coffee and some aspirin later. The two officers sat around a table, with the autopsies and whatever other reports they could find related to the case scattered around the table. Now they just had to piece together whatever clues they had obtained and try to make sense of it all. 

"Let's review what we found at the house." She paused for a moment. "Just the stuff worth mentioning, anything that seemed out of the ordinary." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

-==IC: Sarah==-

"Mmm mm mmm mm mm..." A young woman hummed, as she walked down a neighbourhood street, listening to some music on her phone. The auburn waves on her head bounced to the beat, as she bobbed her head up and down, a small smile on her face as she took some more steps. Without any care for the moment, she spun on the spot, before a hint of red appeared on her cheeks. She looked around quickly, and then sighed in relief as she realized she probably hadn't been seen, and then with some more humming, she half-skipped off forward again.

The woman was on her way home from work, which was a happy sort of boring for her. There was not really anyone around, after all; and she didn't even mind when some co-workers skipped the shift, since it meant she could just be by herself and listen to her music while she worked. And besides, everyone left her alone anyway, usually, so there was not really anything different about this. The woman paused, however, and looked up at the street sign in confusion, as she tried to figure out exactly where she was.

[Channah, Velvet Room]

Many people, Channah thought as she drained her coffee, and not all of them friendly, I’ll wager.

“Will they be able to recognize my...power just by looking at me, like you did?” she asked.

She’d heard through the grapevine--a few of her friends at university had family the police force--that the city had created special units with a focus on the supernatural.  Hopefully they wouldn’t feel the need to recruit or research among the general population.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

NPC: Velvet Room

Igor only continued to smile. "There are those who possess Persona with the ability to detect certain qualities ... sensors, if you will."

He opened up his gloved left hand, belying the appearance of another tarot card. Upon was a picture of another figure, one clad in flowing, white-and-black-striped robes and strangely enough with a satellite dish for a head. Its name seemed to ring out across the space between the hunchback and his guest: Kanzeon. Yet as soon as it appeared, the card burst into quiet blue flames, leaving no evidence that it had been present.

"The wielders with such powers will know of your status, but otherwise, it will be a mystery."

IC: Jake

The fall from the ladder hadn't affected Jake much. In fact, he'd just landed in a crouch and immediately sprang back into a fighting stance. He'd seen what looked like the equivalent of a Persona missile illuminate the true terror.

Inwardly, he was frightened. Scratch that, beyond terrified. This thing actually hurt to look at, never mind the headache that was rapidly developing from the screams. But on the outside, nothing showed on his face. No emotion of any type.

"So. New plan." Jake commented while fishing around in his pockets. His fingers closed around his last line of defense.

Smoke bombs.

They were of a fairly standard make, being nothing more than a hollowed out eggshell filled with his own special mixture of chemicals. Guaranteed bang, flash, and smoke cover all in one.

"I've got smoke bombs, but unless we're killing that thing with these and a pocket knife, I'm out." Jake remarked just as he released his Persona before he collapsed into exhaustion. It dissipated into wherever Personas came from. Jake continued turning over possibilities in his head. He was sure he missed something...

Edited by sonyaxe

IC:

Well, that was not good. Ascalon wavered like a mirage and flickered out of existence. She could feel her hold on her Persona faltering, the length and intensity of this encounter was unlike any she'd experienced. She took several seconds to register Jake's actions and words. "Smoke bombs?"

What were their options at this point?

Run?

Fight?

███?

nononononononononononononononononono...

The possibility was censored in her mind, it wasn't going to happen. She wouldn't let herself consider it. Her eyes swept over the alleway. Golems still present, the armored titan at the front. What about the other end? In such a tight space, it would be too difficult to fight... They had to lure it out, distract it, escape.

Or find a way to kill it outside the alleyway, even if they themselves couldn't harm it, surely the policemen would show up, right? Never mind the fact they were in some nightmarish mirror world, she began to panic again... They were going to ███!!!!

"L-Lauren, how are you holding up? Could you work with Jake's smoke bombs to create some kind of illusion? A-anything that could help us slip by, or escape?"

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

IC: Jake

He continued to think, stretching his mental limits to come up with something, anything- wait. There was something that could help!

"I'll give us some cover while we figure something out." Jake said. Taking one of his smoke bombs out, he flicked it towards the edge of a small pool of the slime about 10 feet in front of the group, hoping that whatever it was made out of was flammable or reactive with the chemicals within the smoke bomb. If it wasn't, well then at least they would have some cover from that tongue.

OOC: Here goes... This is my last idea for survival. Bombs away!

Edited by sonyaxe

NPC: Alleyway of Horrors

Smoke rose from the acidic pool, filling the air with black. For an instant, nothing seemed to happen. One of the four surviving brick monsters, the one with a cracked head from Jack's baseball blow earlier in the battle, growled and move forwards, seeking to break through the dark cover that had been provided by the bombs.

Then the acid fizzed.

Something popped.

Something sizzled.

With a bang, the entire alleyway was doused in smog.

Guttural roars could be heard from the brick monsters. Was it anger or pain in their voices?

Acid seemed to flow across the ground rapidly, but fortunately it did not reach the assembled group.

It was slippery. Dangerous.

But they were hidden from the monsters.

IC: Lauren Lautrec

"I don't think we really need to hide now, that Jake character took care of the whole cover thing pretty well I'd say." she replied, coughing as the acidic smog reached closer. The young woman saw the acid flowing nearer, and backed away slightly. 

"Okay, while those nasties are distracted, I'd appreciate a gamewinning strategy from someone here. I'm guessing step one is 'escape', now what's after that?" Lauren muttered, finding that attempting to think of a plan on the spot was.... Difficult. She would have to keep her two companions as long as possible, if she were to have any chance of making it out of this nightmarish world of terror.....

Edited by Toph Beifong

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Karīm Pahlavi

Karīm Pahlavi had also been leaving his workplace after the debacle with the Roadkill Group when he stumbled upon a white girl (well, young woman) looking confusedly at a sign. She seemed lost and aimless, as if the words on the sign meant little. It was strange to see, but the young Iranian cook decided that he would try and help out. It wasn't a good thing to be so far from home in the dark of the night.

"Excuse me, are you lost?" he asked politely in accented English.

Sarah yelped with a startled jump as the words cut through her music, and she turned around with a frown. "Uh... M-maybe." The girl said, not wanting to actually admit she had no actual clue where she was, but also admittedly wanting some help to figure out where to go.

Sarah pulled her headphones down for the moment, and thought about the question for a moment. "Uhh... Hm." Sarah sighed in frustration. "I know this question, but usually I rely on my memory of the route to get back, and then I think I took a wrong turn, and yeah..." Sarah turned to a mumble in the last few words, really not impressed with this sort of situation, but not having a way to fix it.

IC: Karīm Pahlavi

The young Iranian chef craned his head up to look at the sign.

"We're on al-Bukhari Road right now," he said matter-of-factly, returning to his gaze and attention to the evidently frustrated girl before him. "Does that ... ring a bell for you?"

He wasn't too good with English idioms.

Sarah shook her head as she frowned at the name. "Not really, no." Sarah said, as she sighed. Not that I ever managed to memorize every road name on my way home... I should remember to at least try someday...

Sarah blinked, and then looked down at her phone, as if that hadn't occurred to her before. "... You know, that's a good point..." Sarah mumbled, as she opened the app in offline mode, and first traced out her path home, and then zoomed in to where she probably would be, and hoped she could figure it out, and held her phone up to the sign to help. After a while, she blinked. "... Okay... I really took a wrong turn somewhere."