Persona: Sea of Djinn

25K Now!

NPC: Alleyway of Horrors

The fact of the matter was, Asag didn't have a mouth.

Oh, it had a tongue alright.

A tongue that lashed wildly as it struggled to free itself from St. George's pinning attack.

But there was no mouth.

Jake's smoke bombs landed on the nearest thing.

The entire end of the alleyway exploded.

Asag had no tongue.

But in the midsts of the shockwave, it screeched and began

to

move.

• 3 weeks later...

IC: Clara

Yasmin had elected to remain at the station, but Clara was more than eager to continue the investigation. They hadn't gotten very far with it, and they only had one lead. So Clara drove to the bus station that Kassab had to have purchased the ticket. She wasn't sure what she'd be looking for, but hopefully she'd know it when she saw it. The first thing she would do is question the people who worked at the station, perhaps they saw something. 

And when she arrived, that's what she did, revealing her badge. "ABPA, special investigations. I'd like to ask a few questions." 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

NPC: Attendant

The attendant, a curly-haired Syrian who had been engrossed in the latest issue of the al-Watan, immediately dropped her paper onto the floor behind her, scrambling to appear professional and businesslike yob realising that yes, a cop wanted to talk to her.

"How can I help you?" she said quickly, her Arabic clearly displaying her Damascan heritage.

Clara got straight to the point. "Did you know who was working here on 29/8/2015? And if they saw this man..." She showed the attendant a picture of Kassab, let her get a good long look at it." "...he purchased a ticket here on that date, anything you can tell me will be helpful, even if it seems insignificant. Like if he spoke to anyone, or if anything unusual happened."

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

"Alright..." Clara also had to consider the fact that maybe Kassab had purchased the ticket on an earlier date, thankfully she had brought the ticket she'd found in his house with her, she pulled it out. "Is there anyway I could find out the exact date and time this was purchased?" 

[Channah, Streets]

The glass window felt slightly warm against Channah’s cheek.  Vibrations from the street jolted her every few seconds, but she was too exhausted now, both physically and emotionally.  It had hit her like a brick as soon as the sun went down.  Luckily, her cousin seemed content to let the slow Egyptian jazz trickling out of the car stereo fill the silence between them.

The familiar streets streaked past, the broken lamps--wait.  That wasn’t right.  Channah  sat up just in time to catch sight of a girl in the mirror.

“Stop.”

“What?”

Her cousin looked confused for a few seconds, but he hit the breaks.  He frowned as Channah gestured to the white girl who was hurriedly walking down the street.

“Channah, she’ll probably think we’re going to kidnap her or something.”

“I’m not offering a ride,” Channah said, already opening the door to the car.  “Just pointing her toward the train station.  Wait.”

The girl looked up as Channah slammed the car door.  She looked tired, and lost, and young, though Channah wasn’t sure exactly how young.  It was hard to tell with foreigners, though she certainly looked the age to be a university student.  She was a few centimeters taller than Channah, and as she got closer Channah noticed something...different about the exhaustion in the girl’s eyes.  For a moment, she wondered if the girl had something to do with the broken street lamps, but that was ridiculous.

“You lost?” she asked, frantically hoping that the girl knew enough Arabic that she wouldn’t have to rely on her high school English.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC:

Des slurped a milkshake at her new boyfriend appreciatively.

-Tyler

IC:

"What's that look for, Des?"

IC:

"Chocolate milkshakes plus sneak peeks at the male form. They're good for morale."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

• 2 weeks later...

[Channah, Streets]

The glass window felt slightly warm against Channah’s cheek.  Vibrations from the street jolted her every few seconds, but she was too exhausted now, both physically and emotionally.  It had hit her like a brick as soon as the sun went down.  Luckily, her cousin seemed content to let the slow Egyptian jazz trickling out of the car stereo fill the silence between them.

The familiar streets streaked past, the broken lamps--wait.  That wasn’t right.  Channah  sat up just in time to catch sight of a girl in the mirror.

“Stop.”

“What?”

Her cousin looked confused for a few seconds, but he hit the breaks.  He frowned as Channah gestured to the white girl who was hurriedly walking down the street.

“Channah, she’ll probably think we’re going to kidnap her or something.”

“I’m not offering a ride,” Channah said, already opening the door to the car.  “Just pointing her toward the train station.  Wait.”

The girl looked up as Channah slammed the car door.  She looked tired, and lost, and young, though Channah wasn’t sure exactly how young.  It was hard to tell with foreigners, though she certainly looked the age to be a university student.  She was a few centimeters taller than Channah, and as she got closer Channah noticed something...different about the exhaustion in the girl’s eyes.  For a moment, she wondered if the girl had something to do with the broken street lamps, but that was ridiculous.

“You lost?” she asked, frantically hoping that the girl knew enough Arabic that she wouldn’t have to rely on her high school English.

-==IC: Sarah==-

Sarah blinked slightly, as she looked at the girl who had waved her over. "Kind of." She looked at the girl curiously, as she wondered what language was best to use here. In an amusing twist of fate, Sarah's Arabic knowledge wasn't quite that good; but depending on how the discussion went, it just might allow her to talk her way through it. She did wonder who this girl was, but she didn't seem too bad right from that moment...

IC:

Panic overwhelmed her senses as the thing began to move. In a narrow, linear space like theirs, there was but a single path. Towards them.

Surprisingly, panic gave way to a rather dry sense of amusement with the whole situation, it was awfully ridiculous. "Any last words from you two?" She quipped morosely as her brain slowly fried itself in overdrive analyzing the situation (from bad to worse), their choices (die or run and die) and their chances (zero).

...but close to it

• 2 weeks later...

The attendant nodded, eager to give the policewoman everything required for the investigation.

Mostly because there were customers nearby watching them strangely.

With surprisingly quick movement, she ducked back into the booth and grabbed a tape from that day, handing it over to Clara.

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

shlllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuurp

aah.

"Don't give me that coy little look. C'mon." Des took a few notes out of her wallet and left them on the table - normally tipping wasn't a thing here, but this meal had also snagged her a boyfriend, so that was worth a couple extra bucks. The blue-haired teen shoved her wallet into the back of her jeans and cheerfully crammed both hands in her front pockets. "I want to go look for something old, spooky and valuable to put on my dresser. Maybe we'll get lucky and there won't be any cosmic ramifications or any elderly folk with lazy eyes warning me not to buy the one thing in the store that catches my eye."

Desdemona looked at Adam sidelong and shrugged, pulling one hand out of her pocket and holding onto his arm as they left the diner in search of an antique store.

-Tyler

Edited by Neopolitan

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Jake

Jake stared, something niggling in the back of his mind. This thing was familiar somehow... he couldn't quite place it though, until realization struck like thunder and his mind was dragged down memory lane...

Jake was sitting at a table, staring in complete shock at the sudden reversal of the game.

His uncle chuckled. "And now, using my five stone demons, I can summon Asag, Demon Lord of the Mountains!" He put the card on the table, its illustration depicting a thing hidden in shadows with a huge tongue sticking from it. "Now, I attack you directly to win the game."

"Great game Uncle!" Jake laughed. "I've never seen you use that card before though. Can I see it?"

"Of course," his uncle said. "Here."

Jake reverently took the card, and read its description out loud. "A fiend with complete control of the mountains, the only one to have bested this monster was a great hero wielding a talking mace." Awesome card, Uncle!" Jake exclaimed.

Abruptly, Jake found himself back in the present.

"I know how to beat it..." He whispered. The vigilante glanced at his baseball bat, weighing the odds. "We don't need last words. We need last actions." Jake said. "I have a way to beat it. Do you trust me?" Jake asked.

IC Maigo Koizumi:

"Uwaa..... What a day it's been......" 

Hi there. My name is Koizumi. Koizumi Maigo. er.... Maigo Koizumi.... Names are a weird thing. Anyway. I work here in a tea shop which I haven't fully figured out the name of, and live in a pretty low end part of town that I also haven't quite figured out the name of. Arabic wasn't my first or even second language, so I still don't have a full grasp on it. Al-Bareha was a lot different than My home country of Nihon. er.... Japan. Whatever. 

In any case, today had been a long one and I was heading back to my apartment. My boss worked me so hard.... and some of the customers were weird...... Still, it was a paying job, and it let me get something nice to eat from time to time. 

My parents encouraged me to come to Al-Bareha for college, although I'd rather have gone somewhere in Japan or even somewhere further west like the UK or America. But I suppose there wasn't much to be done about it now. I sighed and readjusted my grip on the grocery bag I had as I continued down the quiet and darkened road.

IC:

"That is usually what happens when Americans go in foreign antique shops, isn't it?" Adam was about as far from objecting to Des' hold on his arm as he could be, instead giving her a faint grin while they walked. "I think maybe it's a tourist trap. They tell you that, and either you buy it because you're a stubborn American, or you tell people and they all wander into the shop."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

• 2 weeks later...

Though he was running off pure adrenaline at this point, Jake managed to grin weakly.

"Well then... let's hope this works." With that, Jake turned towards Quirinus and tossed his persona his baseball bat.

"Destroy it." With that, the Persona sprinted towards Asag, raising the baseball bat for what would be a truly mighty blow if it connected.

NPC: Alleyway of Horrors

The Asag leapt up at the head of the battle. For a club it uprooted the sky, took it in its hand; like a snake it slid its head along the ground. It was a mad dog attacking to kill the helpless, dripping with sweat on its flanks.

The ground tore apart. The wind screamed. The horrifying mass that was the demon Asag charged. Its screeches peeled the air.

Like an accursed storm, it howled in a raucous voice; like a gigantic snake, it roared at the Land.

The walls began to collapse, the alleyway torn asunder. The beast was coming at them. It wanted to kill them all. It wanted to see them pay.

It wanted them to suffer.

Yet here, on this day ... it was not time for the three to die.

Asag leapt, its shadow blotting out the light of this dead, dead world.

And Quirinus' attack struck true.

Ninurta approached the enemy and flattened him like a wave.

The world warped. The world shifted. The world flashed with green.

In the Mountains, the day came to an end.

Luna, the fickle orb of pearl that hung in the dark night sky, watched the three Persona users above the simple city alleyway.

As if nothing had happened.

As if nothing had changed.

As if there was not a fizzling, shadowy humanoid form lying at the end of the alleyway, opposite to them.

Asag, the Plague Demon of Sumer.

DEFEATED.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The attendant nodded, eager to give the policewoman everything required for the investigation.

Mostly because there were customers nearby watching them strangely.

With surprisingly quick movement, she ducked back into the booth and grabbed a tape from that day, handing it over to Clara.

IC: 

"Thank you." Clara said as she took the tape. "I'll return this when I'm done....unless of course I find important evidence on it, then I'll have to keep it as...evidence!"

Now was just the matter of watching the tape. Well she could do that where she was, so she said goodbye to the Attendant and traveled back to the station to watch the tape. When she arrived she put the tape into a player and began to watch it, fast forwarding the tape at a speed that she could still see what she needed to and cover what was on it quicker. 

• 2 weeks later...

NPC: Security Tape

Kassab appeared surprisingly early in the tape, the handsome and distinguished-looking middle-aged man, casually-dressed, walking towards a ticketing machine to inspect it.

It didn't look like he was on duty.

The timestamp said it was 1.24am, not too long before his supposed death.

NPC: Alleyway of Lesser Horror

"   م̨͎̫͓̫̺̕̕س̟̮͚̫͙͕̀ͅا̵̧͓̙̘̥ع̩͉͙̘̩͜͝ͅͅد̶̰͈̖̭̟̜͔̼ͅة̭͈̩̟͈ͅ ̛̳̹͟ͅ.̱̠ͅ.҉̛͖̤̝̖̻̞̫̀.̴̸̪̯̭̟̙̩̕   "

A strange, alien voice. It was in pain?

• 2 weeks later...

Jake watched in disbelief as his plan actually worked. The monster was dead! 'I'm alive!' He mentally exclaimed.

Then, his Persona faded away, and exhaustion hit him like a ton of bricks. The vigilante toppled forward, barely managing to catch himself on his hands and knees.

"Are you guys ok?" He gasped out, fighting off unconsciousness, not noticing the shadowy form at the end of the alley.

Edited by sonyaxe

Clara paused the tape. "Found you..." Clara couldn't help but feel a little giddy, the security tape was proving to be useful after all. Paused at 1:24 am, then she played the tape in slow mo, looking carefully for anything out of the ordinary. 

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

"Well, that makes two of us." Jake responded, though felt like shouting at the unfairness of it all. The thing was still alive?!? He managed to lift his head just enough to see a shadowy form, definitely NOT the thing they'd been fighting, and struggled into a crouching position. But when he heard that whimper...

"What is it?" the vigilante asked, still puzzled over that strangely human noise he thought originated from the shadow being.

IC (Morgan Whatley)

Morgan couldn't sleep. Which was...annoying. Also irritating. It was also doubly unfortunate for the limp, deflated stress ball his staff had all pitched in and got him. For...."his safety and theirs" as the card had put it. But more then that, it was worrying. Morgan had long since quit his quarters and taken to prowling the halls like a metaphorical caged lion. While sleep troubles were not in and off themselves cause for fear or paranoia....adding them to everything else that had been happening in the city...

Morgan jerked his arm up, only to find he's balled his hands into fists, his knuckles gone white with strain, without even realizing it. With a forceful sigh, he unclenched his fists, but his body remained coiled, ready to strike at any moment. He was in fight or flight mode, that much was evident...and he had no idea why. Nothing solid at least. Something ###### strange was going on in this city-and now it was keeping him from slumber. 

And he couldn't even put a goddamn name to it.

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Clara paused the tape. "Found you..." Clara couldn't help but feel a little giddy, the security tape was proving to be useful after all. Paused at 1:24 am, then she played the tape in slow mo, looking carefully for anything out of the ordinary. 

NPC: Security Tape

A figure appeared several metres behind the now-deceased officer in the tape. The very next frame, the figure was gone.

"Well, that makes two of us." Jake responded, though felt like shouting at the unfairness of it all. The thing was still alive?!? He managed to lift his head just enough to see a shadowy form, definitely NOT the thing they'd been fighting, and struggled into a crouching position. But when he heard that whimper...

"What is it?" the vigilante asked, still puzzled over that strangely human noise he thought originated from the shadow being.

IC: Lauren and the Alleyway of Horrors

"It sounds like it's ... saying something?" she said, a sense of dread and horror rising over her.

Almost ... like it was speaking in Arabic?

Edited by Walking Stereotype

• 2 weeks later...