Persona: Sea of Djinn

25K Now!

IC: Karim Pahlavi

The doors to the restaurant slammed open with a bang, startling the customers and eliciting a loud gasp from the few that were close enough to see who had intruded into the building. Two thuggish-looking fellows, one tall and the other short, had waltzed in, somewhat tipsy. The tall one, who was also rather fat, jabbed a thick finger in the direction of a nearby waiter. If it had been a normal situation, the man would have been laughable, but all could see the deadly-looking knife visible on his belt and the gang insignia emblazoned on his horrible unvogue blue shirt.

"Get your boss," he slurred. "Tell them that this is our territory now, and that he'd better start paying over that dosh."

With crime rates slowly rising in the city, the al-Barehan police were growing more and more ragged as they ran to and fro attempting to deal with those willing to take advantage of the discord, Persona-wielder or not. As such, there were many areas where the police had failed to protect, allowing gangs to settle in and establish themselves.

Like these fellas.

"Oh dear," said Karim.

Ic:

"Gentlemen," Jack said, standing up out of the booth and turning his attention towards the thugs, "Gentlemen, this is not the time, or the place. It's late, we all are tired, you've had too much to drink, and you're breaking the law. I respectfully ask that you two fine sirs leave before I'm forced to call the police... I'm sorry, what are your names again? This is a terrible way to introduce myself..."

NPC: Thugman Shorty and Thugman Fatty

"Police, hah! This is Roadkill territory. Police aint got no power here!"

Which was the reason why the restaurant manager was slowly making his way out to meet the two gangsters. For all their incompetence, they did represent the Roadkill Group ... In some manner, and unless the establishment wanted the full force of the rest of the gang upon them, they would pay their protection money.

The wicked knives the thugs were carrying helped as well.

IC: A clear voice rang out from a booth in the back of the restaurant. "Tch. What they really want is a kiss from the pavement." The young man clicked his tongue derisively as he moved his feet from the table and stood up. There was a wild looks in his eyes, like a hunter stalking its pray. 

"Those knives of yours are pretty nice, eh? Too bad they're just for show." He smirked and cracked his knuckles as he waited for the thugs to make their move.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: The young man grinned and flicked his wrist as he glanced over to the average-looking man for a split-second before glaring back at the thugs.

"Oh no, it was my business the moment you interrupted my salad. Now, be the good little plebeians you are and remove yourselves from my presence."  The nameless youth smirked as he began making his way to the entrance of the restaurant.

"Noblesse oblige, the philosophy that the more privileged should contribute more to society. Surely, erasing an eyesore from the public's eyes would be a good deed?" 

OOC: I'm back.

IC: Jake

The vigilante preventing the urge to facepalm. He sidestepped a puddle of acid and ended up near the others. "While the acid could work, we still need to get them on it..." Jake looked around and noticed a larger-than-normal pool of acid a few meters away, probably created by one of the mass blasts from earlier in the fight. "We could use that one," He said, pointing at it while already moving to position it between himself and the golems.

IC: There was no hesitation in the proud man's steps as he continued to approach the two thugs. He tugged on each leather glove and flipped a tail of his red scarf over a shoulder.

"My face? Getting smashed by the likes of you two? The only losers getting trounced around here are you. Come on, make a move inferior." The venom dripping in the nameless Persona user's tone was clearly evident. He ran the scenario over in his mind - switching to Eskrima would allow him to deal with the knives safely. Although, if they pulled out Personas - then it could get rather messy.

NPC: Roadkill Member

Sudden laughter interrupted the stand off between the two young men and the incompetent thugs, as a tall Arabian man sauntered into the restaurant. The man could be described in a large multitude of words: Dark. Confident. Beautiful. However as many of his former acquaintances would attest, the most important word would have to be frightening. He had the stance and look of a man who had power and knew how to use it. Fear was as useful a tool for him as writer's imagination. 

Already the two other thugs were shrinking, recognizing the extent of their failures. It appeared that one of them wished to speak up, to explain that rationale behind his gross misconduct, however he was silenced by his ally and the everlasting chuckling of the man. Even now the man was laughing as he slowly approached the group, the man did not see a single one of the patrons as a threat. 

"So these are the two wannabe heroes that have been infringing upon my business. Here I was getting annoyed that my two incompetent underlings weren't back, only to find that they had been blocked by two so-called heroes. Of course I'm not really surprised, these two have always been useless." Despite the meaning of the words, there was no malice to be found in the man's voice.

"Hey you two hero boys," the man called out in a surprisingly jovial tone, "How about I offer up a simple solution to end this pointless bickering. The way I see it, you could either back away and the owner just has to pay a minor fee. Or we could all get in a little scuffle, and of course even if you managed to win this fight the restaurant would no doubt heavily damaged and the owner would just suffer more."

"That all I said, I would hate it you guys thought we weren't a generous bunch. So I'll give you another option, a wager of sorts. We'll play a little game, if the two of you win, we'll let the owner off the hook, never bother him again. Promise." The man paused, and when he spoke again, his tone was no longer as jovial. 

"But if you lose, his rent is doubled. So boys, which option will it be? Just what kind of justice are you seeking?"

• Upvote 1

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: "Tch."

The young man clicked his tongue with a roll of his eyes as he began to make his way back to his seat. 

"What a joke, "a game" to settle a turf dispute. The only reason you're offering that is to offer an easy way out to save face because you'll know that your gang'll look incompetent and lose face if they can't even shake down a restaurant in a bad part of the city. I just wanted to beat the out of two idiots and you go out of the way to instead offer a loaded option - games are just tricks stacked in your favor."

He would sit this one out - there was no glory to winning through wits or cleverness. Nor was there any point in taking up the man's offer without the details being told up front. The amnesiac returned to the booth in the back, now intent on finishing his salad. He smirked as he took a bite out of a minced piece of beet - the earthy flavor mixed with the dressing was rather delicious.

"The justice I seek is very different than his or your justice." He gestured over to the average-looking man as he set down the fork and tugged on the ends of his riding gloves.

IC (Morgan)

"Uh. Sir?"

Morgan inclined his his head, turning to regard Enrique. "Yes?"

The young man shifted nervously, clearly ill at ease. Considering he was the one responsible for getting Morgan back to the embassy without meeting a wall at intolerably high speeds, this was somewhat discomforting. "You ever get the feeling that...even though things seem calm around you, the rest of the world is just going insane and there's nothing you can do about it?"

Morgan paused for a moment, and then sighed. "Everyday. Remind me to get you a drink later." 

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: Taking over for Onarax. Temporarily.

NPC: Police Investigators

"Oi! What are you doing?! Get away from there!"

Had Clara and Yasmin paid a bit more attention, they would have noticed the contingent of officers swarming around Khouri's house. Forensics had already been deployed to the crime scene, and numerous other policemen were cordoning off the area with yellow tape. While the case had fallen under the jurisdiction of Special Investigations, the department had still seen it fit to send in officers from other branches to assist. After all, it wasn't every day that they had to deal with their own dropping dead with no obvious cause.

"This is restricted to-" The officer stalking up towards the two faltered upon noticing that they were Special Investigations. "Oh, sorry. Um, you two here to help out with the investigation?"

NPC: Roadkill Member

"Such a rude boy you are," commented the Roadkill operative, smiling lightheartedly. "Don't you want to have a little fun? Save a business on the side?"

He spread his arms wide in a welcoming manner.

"My two subordinates may be incompetent, but do you really believe that we need to save face?" he asked. "Especially here in a, as you said, 'bad part of the city'?"

The man moved one step closer in Nameless' direction, eyes twinkling with amusement as he watched the amnesiac's face for a response.

"No. I only wish to ease some boredom, and you two boys seem perfect to help me in that regard. Just a little game that hurts neither one of us, only the restaurateur. Have some more enthusiasm! Be more like this fellow here."

His sharp green eyes flickered towards Jack.

"How good of a driver are you?"

Edited by Umi Tryon

IC: The young man took another bite from his salad with a slight smirk. 

"If it involves dangerous, risky driving then I'll bite. This salad's getting real boring." He still had his doubts about this but it beat sitting in a restaurant. The manager's debt was the least of his concerns - putting his driving skills, his pride, was a bigger concern. 

IC: 

Nanashi wiped his mouth clean with a napkin and pulled out a small wad of cash - just enough to pay for his meal. He stood up and rolled his shoulders before looking over to the Roadkill member and the man. He looked briefly to the manager with an unreadable smirk before he began to make his way across the room.

NPC: Roadkill Operative

SUBARASHII!

"Wonderful!"

The man nodded politely to the patrons of the restaurant, excusing the disruption his incompetent subordinates had brought upon their dinner, then returning his attention to the now interested 'heroes' that had stopped his underlings. It seemed as if it was going to be quite a fascinating evening.

"If you would follow me," he motioned, before gracefully exiting the establishment.