Should Lego bring back The Bohrok for g2 ?

PaleoTiatan

I love the old Bohrok sets to death (Pahrak-Kal was my second set ever and I recently - finally - got my hands on the original Pahrak, albeit accidentally), but I don't think I want them in the reboot. If we're bringing villains back, I'd rather see the Piraka given the same treatment that the original six Toa were this year (but ONLY the six Piraka, no Vezon please).

Definitely, 2015 Piraka would be amazing. But at the same time, it would be very odd and kind of cheap on Lego's part to recycle the Skaldi. Cool though they were (some of my all-time favourites) I'd still rather see new characters for Gen2 and rely on MoCcers to make 2015 Piraka.

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Definitely, 2015 Piraka would be amazing. But at the same time, it would be very odd and kind of cheap on Lego's part to recycle the Skaldi. Cool though they were (some of my all-time favourites) I'd still rather see new characters for Gen2 and rely on MoCcers to make 2015 Piraka.

Just imagine CCBS Piraka , All new spines , brand new weapons  , and light-up skulls adapted for CCBS , My mind is in Heaven .

• Upvote 1

:miru:  :voyanui: If anyone wants to learn how to speak Romanian contact me via private message .  :voyanui:  :miru:

I mean... as cool as bohrok are I would only want to see them if they're inspired and meaningful again and can be made to really work. I'd be a little more interested in seeing what interesting and original villains/concepts the teams could come up with, but by all means if they can get it to work then they should go for it.

Well the Bohrok were designed to clean the giant robot and as we are maybe lead to believe there I no giant robot this time around. So if they brought them back they would have to fill a different nitch than what they did in Gen1. Now I guess they could still be sweepers in a sense and sent to cleans the island. Whomever the big baddy is this time could have them to terrorize the islanders in some form. But then again isn't that what these skull spiders are doing now? As for shape changing from a ball to something else. Not sure how that one would work. I mean you can't just go from two legs to four and vise versa. Well I mean you could but that doesn't really fit with me as a "shape change". Like saying a bear changes it's shape just because it rears up onto its hind legs. What shapes could they use that would still allow mobility without seeming like a reared up bear?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I'm down for bringing them back, the only one I ever managed to get was the black one and only one of him. So being re-released in some form would please me as a fan. Now I would have to ask a desired question... If we are using the Hero-factory style build for the Toa and Protectors... How would that translate into a creature that folds into a ball? Sure I suppose Lego could re-imagine the design and not use the same CBL(?) system they are into, but would it still feel like it fits into the Bionicle series? Be it for the old fans or the new Generation of fans with the new design?

As for making them "clones" are the Toa not Clones of each other? Just with minor astatic or armor flare? What about the Protectors? True there may be slight differences with the builds such as the Toa of Earth's weapon being in his chest and Fire's being over his shoulder, ect.. They are merely recolors with a slight change to make them seem different. This is how companies sell more products. Transformers are another example of this sell tactic. And they are in story form as well.

You're correct about the Protectors basically all being in a clone style, but they're the small sets, so we don't really expect as much as we would from the larger sets.

Yes, the Toa share a lot of things in common, yet they are just different enough to not be clones. Some have longer limbs and different armor, they each have different piece counts vary in size and each Toa has his or her own special mold for masks that none of the others have. The Bohrak on the other hand all had the exact same number of pieces and with the exception of the shield piece had no unique pieces to their designs. While yes the Toa share many pieces with each other, each one has a very unique mask and is built different enough. The Bohrak are basically palette swaps. I felt like it was a bit of a letdown after the Rahi from 2001 which were basically the most unique villains in the series even counting other titans. I wouldn't be completely against seeing a swarm like series of bad guys but something tells me we're going to get skull-themed villains again.

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

I doubt we'll see the Bohrok or anything like the ball shape again, given the nature of the CCBS.  I'm okay with this, though, because the Bohrok were my favorite sets and I'd rather see new sets with more innovation than a poor attempt at redoing something.

What I'd like to see is a wave of sets that are the equivalent of Bohrok.  This current wave we have gearboxes to make arm-swinging functions, maybe in the future the system can be integrated into the body much like the Bohrok's head-bashing function.  Some kind of transformation would be neat too, though it'd probably be less drastic than rolling into a sphere.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'm down for bringing them back, the only one I ever managed to get was the black one and only one of him. So being re-released in some form would please me as a fan. Now I would have to ask a desired question... If we are using the Hero-factory style build for the Toa and Protectors... How would that translate into a creature that folds into a ball? Sure I suppose Lego could re-imagine the design and not use the same CBL(?) system they are into, but would it still feel like it fits into the Bionicle series? Be it for the old fans or the new Generation of fans with the new design?

As for making them "clones" are the Toa not Clones of each other? Just with minor astatic or armor flare? What about the Protectors? True there may be slight differences with the builds such as the Toa of Earth's weapon being in his chest and Fire's being over his shoulder, ect.. They are merely recolors with a slight change to make them seem different. This is how companies sell more products. Transformers are another example of this sell tactic. And they are in story form as well.

You're correct about the Protectors basically all being in a clone style, but they're the small sets, so we don't really expect as much as we would from the larger sets.

Yes, the Toa share a lot of things in common, yet they are just different enough to not be clones. Some have longer limbs and different armor, they each have different piece counts vary in size and each Toa has his or her own special mold for masks that none of the others have. The Bohrak on the other hand all had the exact same number of pieces and with the exception of the shield piece had no unique pieces to their designs. While yes the Toa share many pieces with each other, each one has a very unique mask and is built different enough. The Bohrak are basically palette swaps. I felt like it was a bit of a letdown after the Rahi from 2001 which were basically the most unique villains in the series even counting other titans. I wouldn't be completely against seeing a swarm like series of bad guys but something tells me we're going to get skull-themed villains again.

After rereading my post in your quote I realized there was a typo error. When I mention the Protector's differences being the Earth's weapon being his chest and the fire's over his shoulder I mistakenly called them Toa. Thus I think the confusion there regarding the Toa being suggested as clones. Being that I have not mass purchased the Toa out side of my first 3 (Onuwa first, followed by Lewa, and Gali. My brother got the other 3) Then I vaguely remember getting Onua's second incarnation (but may be mistaken) and a further version of the Air Toa, but based on mask I think it was the Turaga's Toa form and not Lewa that I got. Followed by some yellow crab/bug character that fired these leach things. That is the extent of my Toa-ish collection. I also have parts of the McDonalds Matoran The black Bohrok and Bohrak-Va and some random parts in this big jar I bought at ToysRus that also had the mask of time in it.

That being said I don't actually know if any of the Toa were as drastically clone-ish as other set releases. I think I posted up above that yes like other set releases the Bohrok had identical piece counts Though enough differences even among single characters. The Bohrok as far as I know is the only release where if you bought two of the same character you had a chance to get a different mask(Krana). So if I may, negating your claim to Toa's not being clones(Not that they are) just because of coming with different masks. Also having different colors and weapons made them not so much clones as re-sculpts. While the general consensus could lean either way in this regard. It is all up to one's general opinion of what makes a clone over a non-clone. A clone by definition is a recreation of someone or something right? I could clone my dog and he could look completely different but because he was cloned and not born he is not an identical clone but one none-the-less.

So saying the Bohrok are clone sets goes under question based on how far you are willing to go with the notion. Do you define a clone simply as an identical in every way? This is the purest form of clone known as an "identical clone" and would fit if the set was rereleased and tried to pass it off as another character. Oh wait... didn't they do this with the Bohrok-Kai? Oh wait they had paint app alterations so not strictly a re-release but more of a slight recolor. What of each Bohrok with the other members of that release? Well yes, Identical design and part count but because there were several possible Krana that could be found in each individual release as well as the claw/weapon being different that further pulls them away from being true or "identical" clones. More like retools or recolors also known as a Redeco.

Now does this mean they are not clones of each other? No they have enough similarities to be classed as clones if you want to broaden the term. This allows other possible clone sets such as the pre-mentioned Protectors as well as Piraka, ect... However it is more accurate to call them recolors, repaints, and even retools. of each other. Much like how the Seeker mold in Transformers is reused so much. Now personality wise in story even though it is stated that the Bohrok are created from dead Matoran (more specifically I think the Av-Matoran) and thus are again not clones any more than say two dead bodies of the same species share an identical bone structure. I would still call them clones due to their swarming nature. Are the sets clones? by the core definition... No.

Ref:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redeco

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repaint

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/retool

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Retool

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

If we go the Piraka again, I would be able to laugh at the Piraka rap again.

Piraka rap?

Onua.png

I honestly would rather see future sets that integrated the Skull Spiders if they're still relevant to the storyline after these first wave of sets.

Maybe something akin to the old Rahi sets that have places for the spiders to dock to simulate their infected Kanohi a la G1?

bionicleskullhand_resized.jpg

Piraka rap?

look it up on youtube.

Ok... that was an experience. I like the bull riding scene of the video. Sorry back on topic.

I think I mentioned an idea like this with the Spiders. It would be cool to have them become more of a threat to the Toa via some form of larger form they could connect to and possibly control. Otherwise they are little more than the Krana and alike. Sure they could connect to the Toa and possibly control them much the same as the Bohrok's krana. In that without the Bohrok host they become little of a threat and are basically strung together like caught fish.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

I'd love to see a Bohrok return. Make 'em the Kal though, they had more personality and more unique powers. Ditch the balling-up gimmick for the sake of making them all individual. Give them new colors that more accurately reflect their powers. Change their backstory, make them be like Marvel's Ultron. Have them be 6 robots created to help the Toa and Protectors clean up some sort of mess, some sort of massive conspiracy, or the aftermath of some major event/disaster/catastrophe...at some point, their A.I. gets corrupted or someone hijacks them, all heck breaks loose as they unleash a reign of terror upon Okoto. Make them nearly unstoppable, make them a deadly force that nearly cost the Toa their lives. Then, at the moment when all hope seems lost, when it looks as if someone might die, bring in the Protectors to turn the tide and defeat the Kal. That's how I'd do this if I were LEGO.

Edited by THE_Blastcage
  • Upvote 2

You had me up until the last part regarding the Toa of light. Still I up-voted ya.

Onua.png

You had me up until the last part regarding the Toa of light. Still I up-voted ya.

Would you prefer it be a Toa of something else, or prefer that some seventh Toa not show up at all? I figured it'd be a good way to introduce Takanuva, who I'm sure we'll see in this reboot at some point. But I'm very glad you liked the rest of it!

Would you prefer it be a Toa of something else, or prefer that some seventh Toa not show up at all? I figured it'd be a good way to introduce Takanuva, who I'm sure we'll see in this reboot at some point. But I'm very glad you liked the rest of it!

I REEEEALLY hope they don't pull the seventh Toa bit again. It was great in Gen 1 but this is Gen 2. I'd rather they did nothing than did the same stuff again in CCBS...

I REEEEALLY hope they don't pull the seventh Toa bit again. It was great in Gen 1 but this is Gen 2. I'd rather they did nothing than did the same stuff again in CCBS...

What if they don't do it the same way they did in G1? What I was talking about was just having Takanuva appear out of nowhere. None of the search stuff or the part about him being Takua beforehand. Just an arrival on Okoto in the same fashion as Tahu and his team arrived: crash-landing. Or maybe not the exact same as them, but still, a sort of random, unexpected, last-minute appearance to light the darkest hour. But it doesn't have to be Takanuva or a Toa of light or even a Toa! The point of what I wrote was to depict G2 Bohrok-Kal as being so dangerous that the Toa and Protectors get their butts handed to them and need extra help to avoid total annihilation. That's what I wanna see if we get new Bohrok in this reboot. Although non-Bohrok villains similar to what I describe would be just as cool.

I'm still down for this idea. I just think the Duse ex machine deal gets overplayed. I'd rather see a strategic victory over some random new super character shows up and does what 6+ other characters could not. I mean I get the whole "one man can make a difference" stick. Just seems overplayed. No matter what his power would be.

Onua.png

I would love to see something akin to the Bohrok --- An army of emotionless drones undertaking a destructive yet morally grey task that the Toa have to overcome using brains over brawn.

I'm okay even if they are somehow roly-poly insect things.

But leave all that giant robot clearasil and Av-Matoran nonsense behind.

• Upvote 2

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I'm still down for this idea. I just think the Duse ex machine deal gets overplayed. I'd rather see a strategic victory over some random new super character shows up and does what 6+ other characters could not. I mean I get the whole "one man can make a difference" stick. Just seems overplayed. No matter what his power would be.

Well then here's an idea...have the Protectors show up at the last minute instead. That would avoid a Deus Ex Machine or MacGuffin of any sort and still be cool. I edited my post to have that instead of Takanuva.

I would love to see something akin to the Bohrok --- An army of emotionless drones undertaking a destructive yet morally grey task that the Toa have to overcome using brains over brawn.

I'm okay even if they are somehow roly-poly insect things.

But leave all that giant robot clearasil and Av-Matoran nonsense behind.

Still don't see why Takanuva showing up in the reboot is such a bad thing if he's introduced in a different way and there's no Protectors of light or anything. Make him more unique and be the ONLY light elemental this time. I don't wanna stick with the main 6 elements this time...I wanna see Toa of different elements introduced at some point.

I agree, Toa of other elements would be cool. I think this right now is a pipe dream as I think from what I keep reading Lego is taking it slow this time around due to how complex Gen1 got. Though from a selling stand point I don't see the harm. Especially if each Toa is going to have strictly an elemental mask power over random mask power. Though that also limits resale and the collection building of the Gen1 masks. I mean are we going to have any need for Tahu's mask in the other colors? Only if they release them for MOC value, but don't really see a green or brown Toa of Fire so... Unless they get alternate abilities and not just elemental ones there'd be no reason for the Toa to collect other versions of their masks.

Onua.png

If they're to return, I don't want them to be clones of each other and if they're designed with the "roll into a ball" function that Lyichir mentioned, then I'd probably appreciate the return of them. But as it stands, I'm happy enough with the old ones I've got, though it'd be nice for the new fans to experience what made the Bohrok awesome as well.

Edited by Rooster Nui

Still don't see why Takanuva showing up in the reboot is such a bad thing if he's introduced in a different way and there's no Protectors of light or anything. Make him more unique and be the ONLY light elemental this time. I don't wanna stick with the main 6 elements this time...I wanna see Toa of different elements introduced at some point.

Takanuva showing up in the reboot is only a bad idea in the sense that the Bohrok showing up is also a bad idea. Or the piraka showing up is a bad idea. Or Keetongu showing up is a bad idea... All of these characters have been done in Gen1 and I think Gen2 really needs to do something new. I'm absolutely happy with the inclusion of the original Toa in Gen 2 because it's the perfect way to relaunch the line and even though we still know nothing about the story we can at least feel that these sets are somewhat familiar while Lego tries to make us connect with the other characters via  cartoons and comics prior to their release. If they do it again though? Just take the easy route and slap in a bunch of Gen1 characters with new colours and bigger swords? That will be a bad thing IMO...

As far as the 'one man makes a difference' and various dues ex machina mcguffins goes. I think a well thought out story is definitely desirable over some sudden hero introduction to save the day. I don't think thta's ever what Takanuva was though. While I may still have my doubts about how far ahead of the game the original story writing team was, I have no doubt at all that Takua could have been planned as the seventh Toa from the get go. He was included as the MNOG playable character after all. That's pretty special when the franchise has barely even released yet...

But I still wouldn't want to see that same story again. Ekimu leading the Protectors to battle with new Masks of power though to backup the Toa in their final fight? That would work... You know what would work even better? If Makuta led the protectors into battle to save the Toa ;)

• Upvote 2

I agree, Toa of other elements would be cool. I think this right now is a pipe dream as I think from what I keep reading Lego is taking it slow this time around due to how complex Gen1 got. Though from a selling stand point I don't see the harm. Especially if each Toa is going to have strictly an elemental mask power over random mask power. Though that also limits resale and the collection building of the Gen1 masks. I mean are we going to have any need for Tahu's mask in the other colors? Only if they release them for MOC value, but don't really see a green or brown Toa of Fire so... Unless they get alternate abilities and not just elemental ones there'd be no reason for the Toa to collect other versions of their masks.

Toa of other elements would also allow for new colors and color combos. I mean come on...who doesn't want more purple?

Why were you quoting me? I didn't Mention Takanuva at all.

You mentioned Av-Matoran though, and Takua was one so...yeah.

Takanuva showing up in the reboot is only a bad idea in the sense that the Bohrok showing up is also a bad idea. Or the piraka showing up is a bad idea. Or Keetongu showing up is a bad idea... All of these characters have been done in Gen1 and I think Gen2 really needs to do something new. I'm absolutely happy with the inclusion of the original Toa in Gen 2 because it's the perfect way to relaunch the line and even though we still know nothing about the story we can at least feel that these sets are somewhat familiar while Lego tries to make us connect with the other characters via  cartoons and comics prior to their release. If they do it again though? Just take the easy route and slap in a bunch of Gen1 characters with new colours and bigger swords? That will be a bad thing IMO...

As far as the 'one man makes a difference' and various dues ex machina mcguffins goes. I think a well thought out story is definitely desirable over some sudden hero introduction to save the day. I don't think thta's ever what Takanuva was though. While I may still have my doubts about how far ahead of the game the original story writing team was, I have no doubt at all that Takua could have been planned as the seventh Toa from the get go. He was included as the MNOG playable character after all. That's pretty special when the franchise has barely even released yet...

But I still wouldn't want to see that same story again. Ekimu leading the Protectors to battle with new Masks of power though to backup the Toa in their final fight? That would work... You know what would work even better? If Makuta led the protectors into battle to save the Toa ;)

Takanuva is the only G1 Toa I'm suggesting return. I'm not asking that LEGO bring back a bunch of G1 characters...just feel like Takanuva would complete the team.

Prowl likes him some purple. especially Midnight purple and whatever color the Decepticon logo is.

Onua.png

Prowl likes him some purple. especially Midnight purple and whatever color the Decepticon logo is.

That'd be like...a royal purple, I believe. 

Here's another twist. If we get Bohrok in G2, instead of making them be the villains...why not make them heroes? They could be 6 unique robots each designed with the express purpose of defending the villages of Okoto when the Toa are away, or helping out when a threat is too great for the Toa and Protectors to handle alone. I'm massively sleep-deprived this week, so maybe nothing I've posted this entire week makes sense or is worth anything, but it's just ideas floating around in my head.

Why were you quoting me? I didn't Mention Takanuva at all.

You mentioned Av-Matoran though, and Takua was one so...yeah.

Av-Matoran as Bohrok. So no.

Oh, I merely misunderstood...sorry, I'm sleep-deprived and have generally had a rough week. So sorry if anything I say/do makes little/zero sense, lol. Anyways, I wholeheartedly agree. The part about Bohrok being transformed Av-Matoran was honestly stupid and unnecessary. 

The Bohrok "Are" transformed or "Dead" Av-Matoran.

The Matoran were the first beings created by the Great Beings for the Matoran Universe. The first to be created served as prototypes for the others - the Av-Matoran. Because they were the first ones, they had abilities to channel their innate light powers and transform into Bohrok.

Unknown numbers of Av-Matoran - Transformed into Bohrok, six were later transformed into Bohrok-Kal by the Bahrag.
Trivia:
When some Av-Matoran reach the end of their lifespan, they turn into Bohrok before being teleported to their nest, but they must be destined to do so.

The creators of the first Bohrok were the Great Beings. The Great Beings also created the Bohrok-Va and Bahrag and placed them in a series of tunnel networks under Mata Nui. More Bohrok are created when an Av-Matoran life-span ends.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some held the belief that the Bohrok were created and later changed by the Great Beings, like everything else. However, the Bohrok are actually Av-Matoran who are destined to become Bohrok. This was proven by the Toa Nuva during their visit to Karda Nui when Tahu witnessed a Av-Matoran who just helped him transform into a Bohrok, and being immediately teleported to the Mata Nui Bohrok Nest.

Just some quotes from The Bionicle Wiki page.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

These aren't the same Toa as gen 1. They're new Toa that share the names. Yes, the names came along, but not the Toa Nova.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Takanuva is the only G1 Toa I'm suggesting return. I'm not asking that LEGO bring back a bunch of G1 characters...just feel like Takanuva would complete the team.

Except it's not is it? We already have the 6 Toa but as RegitNui said these ARE NOT the same characters. They're just a nod to old fans and a hook for new ones. They were never on Mata Nui, they never encountered energised protodermis and they never met Takanuva, or even Takua for that matter. You're also discussing the posisble return of the Bohrok in your last post (yes I know that's the purpose of the topic but you seem to be arguing in favour of their return too) So Takanuva is NOT the only character you want to see return. I strongly suspect that if you had your way with the story team we would see a whole host of rehashed Gen1 characters with just the odd new set each wave and that is a perfect way to sink Gen2 before it's even started. If people want Bohrok or Rahkshi or Piraka they can buy the Gen1 sets! We DO NOT need them remade for us out of CCBS just because we can. If you want to see those models then either MoC them or wait until someone else does, it's inevitable really! 

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

• Upvote 2

Does anyone have any Bohrok CCBS mocs?

Except it's not is it? We already have the 6 Toa but as RegitNui said these ARE NOT the same characters. They're just a nod to old fans and a hook for new ones. They were never on Mata Nui, they never encountered energised protodermis and they never met Takanuva, or even Takua for that matter. You're also discussing the posisble return of the Bohrok in your last post (yes I know that's the purpose of the topic but you seem to be arguing in favour of their return too) So Takanuva is NOT the only character you want to see return. I strongly suspect that if you had your way with the story team we would see a whole host of rehashed Gen1 characters with just the odd new set each wave and that is a perfect way to sink Gen2 before it's even started. If people want Bohrok or Rahkshi or Piraka they can buy the Gen1 sets! We DO NOT need them remade for us out of CCBS just because we can. If you want to see those models then either MoC them or wait until someone else does, it's inevitable really! 

Takaunva should return. Defiantly. I wonder how the MoL would be redesigned.

cringe