"Yeti," Warrior of Ice

Nescent

zz_main_2.jpg

(Click the images for high res)

"Yeti" is a reminder that villagers come in all shapes and sizes. Due to his hulking frame, he has armed himself and assumed the role of a warrior. Although he is not a Protector, "Yeti" is respected among the villagers, and strives to provide safety in the Region of Ice.

zz_running.jpg

zz_spiders.jpg

"Yeti's" Back.

I built this guy in an attempt to add a gearbox to a Protector-sized MoC, and to familiarize myself with CCBS. He's built using parts from Kopaka and the Protector of Ice, and a few parts from the Protector of Stone. I didn't want to come up with a unique name for him, hence the nickname "Yeti." Thanks for stopping by, lots of MoCs incoming! :)

• Upvote 9

IetTsFQ.png

I feel like you could've done something with that open technic pin but well done! (^-^)

On the saw? I wanted to cap it with one of those little grey pin connectors that the Protector of Ice uses on his saw, but that was already in use. Like I mentioned, I built this with parts from three sets, so by the time I made that weapon there was very little to choose from. Now I kind of wish I had excluded the saw altogether, ah well.

IetTsFQ.png

This is an awesome MOC! Love the posture and color blocking. It is a bit large for a villager in my own personal headcanon, but that doesn't hurt its looks as a MOC one bit.

I didn't set out to build anything in particular when I made this guy, so the story was written last. I also think he's too large to actually be a villager, I just wanted to fit him into the lore instead of coming up with a whole separate story. Glad you like it!

I love the personality of his body shape. Very exaggerated.

Thanks, that's what I was going for. Huge, chunky shoulders that could be easily expressed in the new animation style.

IetTsFQ.png

It looks pretty good. You did a good with the color scheme and the shaping. The upper body and arms definitely have a very strong bulky feel to them. One thing I don't like is the yellow on the back of the gun. I guess it goes with the yellow inside the gun, but it still seems out of place.

In regards to the back pin on the saw, is it only sticking out because you only had a three length pin left to attach the saw with?

signoff2.png

Edited by Mysterious Minifig

One thing I don't like is the yellow on the back of the gun. I guess it goes with the yellow inside the gun, but it still seems out of place.

In regards to the back pin on the saw, is it only sticking out because you only had a three length pin left to attach the saw with? 

Yes, that was the only piece I had to attach the saw. In hindsight I regret using the saw at all, to be honest. I used yellow there to match the Protectors, which also use yellow parts to highlight certain functions.

IetTsFQ.png

This is very nice. You said that you tried to incorporate the gear function into a protector. I see a possible gear box in one of the pics but to what extent does it work? By that I mean does it control the arms together, do they move separately, or maybe only one arm?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

This is very nice. You said that you tried to incorporate the gear function into a protector. I see a possible gear box in one of the pics but to what extent does it work? By that I mean does it control the arms together, do they move separately, or maybe only one arm?

Since I only used one Toa to build it (Kopaka), I could only incorporate the gear function into one arm. His right arm, with the sword, swings when you rotate the yellow gear on his back. Here is a clear photo of his back, in case you missed it.

IetTsFQ.png

Since I only used one Toa to build it (Kopaka), I could only incorporate the gear function into one arm. His right arm, with the sword, swings when you rotate the yellow gear on his back. Here is a clear photo of his back, in case you missed it.

Ah yes I see it now.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png