The Great Scorpion - Nui-Jaga Revamp

joev14

At the bottom of the cliff was an enormous Nui-Jaga. The Rahi knew the Toa were there -- every few seconds, it turned it's [masked] face toward them and rattled its tail stinger.

--Pohatu, Tale of the Toa

My trans-yellow barraki eyes arrived in the mail today, so I figured I mine as well post the Nui-Jaga today. If this is the first of my models that you've seen, I recommend you take a look at my Nui-Rama and Tarakava Revamps. This model was probably the most difficult to add to out of all of them, mainly because the Nui Jaga really is just a scorpion. Regardless of that, I tried my very best to give it a new spin, mainly in giving it a fully articulate tail and arms, as well as adding pincers to the claws. I really enjoyed making the pincers while still managing to keep the original masks. Working with purple was also difficult, and it meant a lot of bricklink orders to get enough purple mata hands. Please comment, and upvote if you like it!

img_0714edit.jpg

Front

img_0717edit.jpg

Back

img_0718edit.jpg

img_0719edit.jpg

Bottom

img_0721edit.jpg

New and Old Comparison

img_0724edit.jpg

Nui-Jaga vs. Pohatu!

img_0725edit.jpg

The Battle Continues!

img_0726edit.jpg

The Great Scorpion vs. The Master of Stone!

Next up is the Kane-Ra. I chose to do this instead of the Muaka for two reasons. First, it fits better with my set colorscheme (all the models have black, then secondary colors are lime, then purple, then blue, then red, and lastly, yellow). I also chose to do this because I feel as though the Muaka has gotten a lot more attention. And don't worry, you'll still get an iconic scene with Kane-Ra vs. Kopaka, taken from Tale of the Toa.

Edited by joev14
  • Upvote 12

Looks pretty good! The only major complaint I have is that, in comparison to the legs, the "arms" and tail look awkwardly short. On the original model, they're pretty big. Looking at real-life scorpions shows this, too. So, if you could fix the T-rex arms, this would be absolutely perfect! :P (Or make the legs smaller.)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

This is a amazing looking revamp, like the use of a lot of black inika arms and the color scheme is pretty good, but may need a little purple on the body.Also like the head and that it can open & close, but one thing I don't like is the tail, I think it would be better with something else then that.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

This is a amazing looking revamp, like the use of a lot of black inika arms and the color scheme is pretty good, but may need a little purple on the body.Also like the head and that it can open & close, but one thing I don't like is the tail, I think it would be better with something else then that.

I really had to push it to get purple parts, purple technic pieces are simply rare. 

I tried some different things on the tail, black Bionicle weapons are actually rarer than I thought. It wasn't until I was building this that really, 90% are silver. (I knew a lot were silver, just not quite that many :P). However, what would you suggest I replace it with?

Well guessing your not going to use any HF bones and HF pieces because I was going to say HF bones. So I think just go technic, but please keep the stinger part of the tail...       I like that stinger

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Looks like an awesome rendition of the Nui Jaga. Everything is faithful to the original in terms of colour design and overall structure, yet modified extremely effectively. A bit of a shame that there is no action feature in this version, but I guess that follows suit with the more later iterations of Bionicle figures and it works tremendously well in that sense. Can't wait to see more Rahi remakes!

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Amazing work :) Gota love how everything is articulate 

I am not sure how I feel about the legs though. On one hand it seems a bit odd that they are completely black, but on the other hand it doesn't bother me too much  :shrugs:

I suppose adding a few small purple pieces on them legs couldn't have hurt. But I guess purple parts are hard to come by, especially without taking apart ol'  dady Rama

Oh, and that last shot with Neo-Pohatu sealed the deal for me. I am DEFINITELY getting him now  B-)  

Edited by Toa Doublebee

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

While this is cool and I understand the concept of trying to recreate the Gen1 Rahi though I can't help likeing the version below better

So, what do you do when you have two protectors of earth lying around, and a great desire to MOC? That's right, you make a Nui-Jaga revamp, because purple is back baby!

You can recreate this MOC with 2 Protectors of Earth, and 2015 Onua. Still not sure what I think of the eyes, but with the parts I had, that's the best I could think of...

img_0736edit.jpg

Front

Thoughts? Again, this was just a test to see what I could do with 2 Protectors of Earth and Onua.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

While this is cool and I understand the concept of trying to recreate the Gen1 Rahi though I can't help likeing the version below better

So, what do you do when you have two protectors of earth lying around, and a great desire to MOC? That's right, you make a Nui-Jaga revamp, because purple is back baby!

You can recreate this MOC with 2 Protectors of Earth, and 2015 Onua. Still not sure what I think of the eyes, but with the parts I had, that's the best I could think of...

img_0736edit.jpg

Front

Thoughts? Again, this was just a test to see what I could do with 2 Protectors of Earth and Onua.

I'm rather shocked, actually, to hear you say that. I really didn't like my 2015 version at all. :P It's head/eyes look really weird, I just didn't have access to any other parts.

Well there are some issues to be sure, though like you said, you made it quick with two PoE and Onua. So while the homage for this topic does look astatically closer to the Gen1 Nui jaga and is a nice build upon itself. It looks too-much like the gen1. While your other Revamps do show homage to their Gen1 incarnations, they bring more to the table. This Version does not. So yeah, while the 2015 Nui-Jaga I posted may still require some finer touches I still see it as your better Revamp to the Nui-Jaga... I am sorry to hear you don't like it though...

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 3 weeks later...

I really had to push it to get purple parts, purple technic pieces are simply rare. 

I tried some different things on the tail, black Bionicle weapons are actually rarer than I thought. It wasn't until I was building this that really, 90% are silver. (I knew a lot were silver, just not quite that many :P). However, what would you suggest I replace it with?

The only black weapon that I can think of that might work is one of these: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32552. I know they come in black because I have one, but I don't know where it came from.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

The only black weapon that I can think of that might work is one of these: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32552. I know they come in black because I have one, but I don't know where it came from.

That comes from the 2010 Stars Skrall set. I doubt it would work well as a nui-jaga stinger, however.

bBhcfWO.png

That comes from the 2010 Stars Skrall set. I doubt it would work well as a nui-jaga stinger, however.

I have to agree with Luroka. Just because it fits the colorcheme doesn't mean it would work as an effective tail. I think the visorak leg works well, it's also very poseable.