You may recall, how in ancient days, newly spun from the Tornado of Creation, the forces of light and darkness fought in constant battle . How the two sons, Wu and Garmadon, made fearsome battle that shook the world, until when, at last, a victor emerged from this seemingly eternal battle between two seeming equals; Wu cast Garmadon into the underworld, never to emerge again. Not to emerge again, at least until epochs later, when Garmadon emerged from this abyss, bent upon conquest, and Wu, now Sensei, trained four ninja to wield the elements in fearsome combat with ancient art of Spinjitsu.
But this is not their story. For Wu united four ninja of separate elements against a common threat; a deed thought impossible in older days. For the war between light and dark had left a rift in nature: the elements clashed and living turned against each other. Harmony was no more.
Like ripples in a pond, the rift spread, effecting all of Ninjago; tree and stream, fish and fowl, wolf and springbok, even man. The men grew violent and fearful, and as a result broke apart into countless clans, tribes and factions.
Eventually, the Samurai lords rose to power, and established the five feudal kingdoms, each associated (and some say with in tune with) an element; fire, ice, earth, water, and ether. For generations these kingdoms engaged in long and bloody wars amongst themselves, each Samurai lord vying for control of the land that would in future days be called Ninjago.
But eventually, these futile wars wore down upon the people and the royalty of the land, and peace was sought.
And so, after years of planning, it was decided that a council of sages would convene in a remote mountain village; there they would draw up the truce between nations, and settle peacefully the claims of dominion over the various lands of Ninjago that had been the cause of so many wars. Unfortunately, these sages were not so honest as would befit their duty; each one persuaded by bribes, or by an oath of fealty, had chosen to ally with one of the kingdoms. They would still vie to win control of ninjago for their Samurai lords. At least, though, they would fight with wits and diplomacy, not swords and daggers; there would be no bloodshed.
Or so they thought.
For the Ninja too had been planning. The Ninja, the stealthy assassins from the oppressed peasant class, (whose seemingly mystic ability would make them the namesake of the element warriors of later ages), were one step ahead of the game. For years, they waited, hiding in the shadows; now was their time. Their patience had well rewarded them; they now had the perfect opportunity to avenge themselves and their villages on their oppressors. They would infiltrate the council, kill the hated ministers of the Samurai, and forge the treaty that would lead to the collapse of the feudal kingdoms.
There would be death...
Some important notes before I list the rules. Read these:
- This game will be big. Not any longer than a normal game, but I'll need lots of people.
- Most people are playing so that their faction wins. However if you guys are smart, you will try some cooperation. Because of this, I won't place a hard-and-fast on role revealing and information exchanges. It is however a dangerous gambit. Don't purposefully betray your faction. EVER. I may not be able tell whether something is a betrayal or not, but you will know. You will know that you ruined the game for everyone else. You will know that you are an awful, rotten, human being. That is all.
- I do not believe that the game will be that confusing, but if you have a question about the rules, PM me.
1. Standard BZP rules, with the possible exception of role revealing.(see above)
2. Everyone with the exception of two people(see roles) will be assigned to a nation. There will be five nations, seven players assigned to each. You will know who your compatriots are. Unless you are the ninja mole(see below) your nation will be your faction(see important notes).
3.In each nation there will be one ninja mole. Though they are part of the nations, they are their own faction(so if you are a ninja, your loyalty is to them), playing against the nations. They get to kill once a night. They are the Mafia for this game, and their goal is to kill everyone. The Ninja know who each other are.
4. The goal of the the sages(normal people) is to make sure that their nation has the most people surviving when/if the ninja crisis is resolved.
5. There will be cycles of five days. On the first day of each of these cycles, each nation will elect an assassin, healer, and spy for that cycle.
6. These elected roles may take action once during a cycle or five days, on any of the five days. It must be taken during the cycle. Then, when the next cycle comes along, new roles are elected. If the elected role is killed before he takes his action, then the nation must wait till the next cycle to elect another.
Note: there is nothing stopping a nation from electing a ninja mole as an assassin, healer, or spy. If this happens the ability is compounded. So if you elect a ninja as your assassin, the ninja get an extra kill, or get one protection, or one investigation.
7. Each day people vote to execute whomever they believe to be the ninja. Because each nations wants not only, the ninja, but the other nations dead, multiple hangs must have a majority of the voters agreeing to hang the multiple people. However, be warned, the mysterious Acolyte of Singularity may manipulate the vote on a multi-hang.
8. Everyone carries out there action per night, even if they are targeted by a killer. For example a targeted healer will get to heal, and then be killed. If killers target each-other, they both die, unless one of them is protected, or the Acolyte of Chaos interferes. Though this will likely not happen, if two killers target the same person, and that person targets one of them, that person targeted by multiple people does not get to kill.
Sages (x30): Basically the villagers. No abilities except elected ones.
Ninja(x5): There is one ninja mole planted in each nation. The ninja act like the normal mafia do; they get one kill per night. Any elected abilities compound with their ninja abilities.
Assassins (x1 per nation, per cycle): He may kill once per five days, on any of the five days.
Healer (x1 per nation, per cycle): He may heal once per five days. Basically the doctor, except elected.
Spy (x1 per nation, per cycle): He may investigate once per five days. The detective, except elected.
Acolyte of Chaos (x1): A follower of the strange local religion. He may redirect kills when there are multiple people targeting the same person, or targeting each other, etc. though he is not obligated to. He may also redirect any kill once per cycle. His goal is as much death as possible, but in particular he wants to kill the Acolyte of Singularity.
Acolyte of Singularity (x1): A follower of the rival religion to that of the Acolyte of Chaos. He may redirect votes when there are multi-hangs and has an additional redirect per cycle as well. His goal is that one, and only one side, wins. He also needs to kill the Acolyte of Chaos.
Portalfig Qui Putat ut Oves Pugnet Chro Taka Nuvia
- Toa Chuck
- Toru Acura
Pulse Valendale Blade. Strange Festive Unit Ehks.
- Forgotten Warrior
- Purple Devil
YO YO YO YO HOME SKILLET
- Rahkshi Guurahk
- Shadow Ignited
- Neo Shadow Vezon
EDIT: UNLESS WE GET TEN PEOPLE SOON, I WILL ELIMINATE A FACTION.
This means that we will have 30 instead 37 players.
Change in rules:
1. Five day cycles become four day cycles.
2. There will now be 4 ninja, 24 innocents.
We now have thirty people. If I get seven people in 24 hours I will add another faction. Post if you want to still sign up. Once roles have been sent out, we will begin.
NEW NEW EDIT: I'm modifying the Acolytes slightly:
The Acolyte of Chaos can only be killed by hanging. If targeted at night he gets a redirect.
The Acolyte of Singularity can only be killed by assassination or Ninja attack.
Edited by Seaborgium, Mar 06 2015 - 06:02 PM.