Ninjago Mafia:Feudal Kingdoms

Seaborgium

NIGHT SEVEN

Portal was on the alert. He knew he was hunted, and to a degree this gave him an odd clarity of mind. Yet he still know whom among those still alive sought his life. And this disquieted him. Earlier, they had the opportunity to kill one of the ninja, but if they were to kill an innocent(or as innocent as a scheming, conniving, ruthless diplomat could be) then the other kingdoms would destroy them and partial their land amongst themselves. No, there was no use in trying to kill their foe tonight. They had to wait-wait and hope perhaps that the ninja would let their wrath fall on some other kingdom. He and Shadow Ignited had no other choice.

And so Portal kept his watch that night, ever vigilant, watching every shadow, every movement, waiting to contact or aid Shadow Ignited if he saw anything.

The long night passed without incident-then as the moon began to dip over he mountain, Portal heard the footsteps in the hall-slow, measured-and he knew that those were the steps of one who sought his death. As the footsteps grew louder, Portal realized the confidence of the assassin-he did not hurry, he did not attempt stealth-he was utterly assured of his own ability to dispatch his victim.  Portal froze in fear. Then, realizing had no other option, he exited from his window to low sloping roof below and ran.

The steps increased in their rapidity, but remained measured. Portal continued running, but he knew that he could not run forever. If I could just get to Shadow Ignited, thought Portal. The steps reached the roof. Yes, Shadow Ignited can save me if I'm wounded.

Portal jumped and grabbed on to the upper roof, pulling himself up onto the top of the building. He ran as fast as could to the top of the curved roof. The steps ceased momentarily. He's pulling himself up.

Portal ran down the other side of the roof to its edge, nearly breathless. The steps resumed, now terrifyingly more rapid than before. Shadow Ignited should be here soon he thought, trying to not give into to the terror the seized him.

And, shone upon by the last light of moon, a figure seemed to rise to the top of the roof. The steps stopped. This cloaked figure withdrew a kunai.

Where is Shadow Ignited?

Portal watched as the figure approached. He realized he could not run, and did not have the time to climb down. He saw that it was too late now. He watched as the killer lifted the kunai.

Then Shadow Ignited appeared, sword withdrawn. The killer paused. He turned to face Shadow.  Shadow rushed to save Portal, as the killer took in the state of things. Portal saw that he was saved.

Then Shadow Ignited misplaced her step in the darkness, and teetered at the edge of the roof. She fell.  And Portal realized he was doomed.

Shadow survived the fall. But she knew the Portal was dead. She saw some movements on the roof. Then the shinobi kicked Portal's body off the roof, down to the ground below, a kunai in his chest.

If only she had been prepared-If only she had protected Portal-But now it was too late. Portal was dead, and in that dire moment Shadow Ignited realized that alone survived to serve the Ice Kingdom. The Ninja had all but succeeded in their vow. Out of seven, she alone remained.

Portalfig-Ice Kingdom Assassin-Killed Night Seven

• Upvote 1

MnRA5kV.png

Well, since you ask so politely.

Voting Xaeraz (I got the penultimate letter right!)

Did you, QP? Did you really?

(:alien:)

I mean uh

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!

I rather think I did...

I say I think!

You would not dare to practice upon my credulous stupidity, would you?

By the way, get with the Potoo Program, man.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Well, since you ask so politely.

Voting Xaerez (I got the penultimate letter right!)

Did you, QP? Did you really?

(=P)

I mean uh

MOOOOOOOOOM!

I rather think I didn't...

I say I think!

You would dare to practice upon my credulous innocence, would you!?

By the way, get with the Popcorn Program, man.

OH-ME-OH-MY-OH-ME-OH-MY-OH-ME-OH-MY-OH-ME-OH-MY!

Aye, laddie. I dare to draw the line here. You shall not continue in spreading your lies!

You see, I dare to dream. Dream of a day when I don't have to vote for you! I dream of a day when we can suspect Taka! I dream of a day where I can speak without having my words twisted and turned by some nefarious schemer!

Indeed, I dream of paradise. 

But until that day comes, I must vote for you. Even now, whilest we both reside in the nether world, you cannot and shall not be trusted, even with so small a task as the correct spelling of a name.  

And thusly, it is decided. I am voting for QP.

(By the way I don't think you know what you mean. After all, it's)

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

(not whatever that nonsense is that you just used)