Ninjago Mafia:Feudal Kingdoms

Seaborgium

*takes Spot 8 and runs off with it*

Yay!

You know, it would be rather appropriate for Windy to join this game.

You know, it would be nice if someone would PM her. I'll do that. After all, we have 14 open spots. Might as well throw it in. :)

Edited by fishers64

Didn't we get the option to feature games on the front page?

Considering that we have spots left, I think now would be an opportune time to use such an opportunity. Weren't the other games featured on the front page when they had already filled up? (which kinda defeated the point IMO)

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Yay!

You know, it would be nice if someone would PM her*. I'll do that. After all, we have 14 open spots. Might as well throw it in. :)

*Fixed that for you

Yay!

You know, it would be nice if someone would PM her*. I'll do that. After all, we have 14 open spots. Might as well throw it in. :)

*Fixed that for you

*bangs head on desk* Edited. 

Given that I doubt I'll get ten more people, I am going to(unless there is a sudden surge of sign ups) eliminate a faction. This means that there will be 30 players, so there will be 3 slots left.

This also means that anything involving the five day cycle will now involve a four day cycle. Aside from that the rule will remain the same.

MnRA5kV.png

well, since it looks like people aren't going to stop pming me, steaming me, or skyping me to play...

otter says he'll gladly move back to spot 22 in order for me to ascend to my rightful throne

i'm in, spot 23

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

PROLOGUE

On the slopes of a mountain that would in later days be named "Mt Ninjago", a peaceful village lay. Further up the mountain there were two great buildings; one a pagoda-like monastery for the worshipers of the moon goddess; the other a was a sanctuary of sorts maintained by the monks, an asylum for those in need of a safehaven. This later building, originally meant for refugees in times of war, was chosen to hold the negations for the peace.

When the sages arrived in the village, the villagers were somewhat in awe at them. They rarely had seen strangers. Sometimes a monk would came down from the monastery for necessary herbs or medicine, or perhaps to draw water from the local well in times of need. Even fewer came up the mountain. Mountains as a rule-of-thumb, tend to be arduous, dangerous and unpleasant. You only came up the mountain to seek enlightenment from the monks or from the journey itself. Perhaps once a year a young man stopped by to ask the way, perhaps once a decade a family would seek refuge with the monks. 

So naturally they were surprised to see a group of thirty sages in ceremonial robes ascend the ancient slopes. But there was something else strange about them. The young men had gone up seeking wisdom; the monks had come down and brought wisdom to the village. These men, the acquired knowledge of all of Ninjago, were lacking wisdom. They acted dignified, but they were clearly foolish and shallow. They went up the mountain to seek power, not wisdom.

The villagers showed the sages the path, and the sages went up the ancient place of refuge. They were greeted by the monks whose duty it was to maintain the asylum, and began to make arrangements for the next days meeting. They conversed with each and even with the monks. For the most part, they were cheerful and optimistic for the future of each of their respective kingdoms. However, one of the monks mentioned something slightly unsettling; some men (was it four? He could not remember) had gone up the mountain with the pretense of visiting the monastery. None of the monks, though, recalled them coming to the monastery. "Could they have been spies from one of the other kingdoms?" some of the sages wondered. "No, few would risk their nations chances with a breach of trust" many reasoned.

Then one of them remembered a rumor; that the ninja had gotten word of the council and would use it to revenge themselves upon the nobility. But these were rumors, little more. Rumors of a ninja attack emerged when the Samurai so much as went down to the city for some light opera. Certainly nothing to be taken seriously. 

But some of the sages were still disquieted; they had heard the reports of the most secret of plans being known to this mysterious group;  reports of messengers who had bent sent by their lords in the dead of the night, on paths only they thought they knew, thinking that only the knew they were sent, only to cut down by ninja who had know exactly where and when these messengers had been sent. There was no knowing the extent of the ninjas knowledge or power. They could only hope that they were safe.

"But then again, how would the ninjas know? Only the sages had known the location of their meeting. The villagers and the monks would recognize a new face, so the ninja could not have hidden among them. The monks were men of peace, and the villagers would be to suspicious to ally themselves with the ninja. This is simply tomfoolery". Thus thought many sages as they went to sleep that night, assured they would wake up alive. And so they would.

"Now to revenge myself and my brethren upon the samurai and their traitorous sages". The stealthy figure waited in the rafters, watching for his victim. It was a little after midnight, if the moon was anything to go by, and he had waited for hours. Finally the chance came. He saw a man in ceremonial robes enter. He withdrew a kunai. "Most could not kill by throwing a kunai. I can. They will know this. They will be afraid." He watched as his weapon flew through the air for a split second. Then it found it's place in the robed man's back. His body slumped on the floor, dead.

**************************

The sages awoke and rejoiced at their continued existence. All of them were alive. The fear had clearly been in vain.

Then the saw the body.

One of the monks was by it, clearly in a state of shock. The poor victim had a knife-like weapon in his back. The monk could not believe that such violence could happen here. The victim had been the high priest of the moon goddess in his ceremonial robes. He had apparently come visit his fellow monks who maintained the sanctuary. Instead, he had been met with death.

The fear returned to the sages. Then they realized an even more alarming fact. The death had been a mistake. Whoever killed him had seen the long ceremonial robes. The death was meant for one of them.

Their illusions of safety were shattered. 

"TREACHERY!" Luroka cried. "We have been betrayed!" another said. They became frenzied.

"Silence", the old sage Yo Yo said. "Let us examine this."

Quisoves pulled the weapon from the corpse. "It is a kunai ", he said. "A weaponized garden tool". "Let me see this", the old woman Taka said. She shuddered. "We have been infiltrated". Gasps of shock passed through the room. "This weapon, as Quisoves rightly states, is a kunai. It is the weapon of a peasant. But no ordinary peasant could have thrown with such skill, using such a crude instrument. Notice also the markings." "An esoteric prayer asking for some god to drink the qi of the victim", the one called Otter pointed out. "It also has the likeness of a dragon etched on it."

"Quite right", Taka responded. She drew a a deep breath. "I must remain calm" she thought. 

"My fellow sages" Taka said, "This is the weapon of ninja".

Dead silence. The sages were in shock. 

Then they began to panic again. "We must remain calm", said Blade. "We will consider what we know. Then, tomorrow we will decide on who it must be and execute him."  The sages seemed to consent to this plan, but they had other plans...

• Upvote 6

MnRA5kV.png

Whew. Ok, I need to stop writing 1000+ words scenes before I even get to the actual game. But I guess it's too late.

Anyway, after you read my ridiculously long prologue you have 24 hours to vote for your elective roles and for those roles then to carry out their actions. Basically it's like a normal night except you get an extra 12 hours to elect roles. Ninjas also need to send me your targets.

wait, so who died?

No one. Well, an NPC died. It was just to get the plot rolling. None of the players died.

Of course, I am more than willing to write 1,000+ words on the poor fellow's backstory, if you so wish.

• Upvote 3

MnRA5kV.png

Whew. Ok, I need to stop writing 1000+ words scenes before I even get to the actual game. But I guess it's too late.

Anyway, after you read my ridiculously long prologue you have 24 hours to vote for your elective roles and for those roles then to carry out their actions. Basically it's like a normal night except you get an extra 12 hours to elect roles. Ninjas also need to send me your targets.

wait, so who died?

No one. Well, an NPC died. It was just to get the plot rolling. None of the players died.

Of course, I am more than willing to write 1,000+ words on the poor fellow's backstory, if you so wish.

Please do so. Maybe after the game ends.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Strange Festive Unit

wait, so who died?

As long as you put in a tl;dr footnote beneath it, I'm fine.

bBhcfWO.png