Discworld and Science Adventures LEGO Ideas Projects Pass

Not one but two LEGO Ideas projects have reached 10,000 supporters today. The first is Discworld by GlenBricker, which features a micro scale world supported by elephants and a turtle. The second is Science Adventures by Alatariel, which follows up the Research Institute with three scenes with female outdoors adventurers. Both these sets enter the first review period for 2015, which is also the last period that projects originally under LEGO Cuusoo can qualify. It'll be interesting to see what the Ideas team will decide to do with these models.

View the full article

Discworld doesn't seem like anything special to me. I love the minifigure vignettes (especially the geologist!), but at the same time they seem repetative after the Research Institute set even if they are nicer models. If LEGO wants to produce more sets based on that general theme then that's fine, but for these Ideas sets I'd prefer some variation.

Probably wouldn't complain if it passed, though. :shrugs:

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

As a devoted disciple of Terry Pratchett, I'm pretty much obligated to love the idea of the Discworld one.

...That said, it does feel a little lacking in some way. I can't put my finger on it, exactly, but if it passes review I'd like to see a little more put into it.

Science Adventures is nice as three little sets, though.  It's a fun idea (and is it just me, or is the tiger a little more Hobbes-y than your average one?) and they pack a decent amount of personality into each one.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I definitely like the Discworld one, but I'm worried that all the pieces will result in a higher price than I can afford. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?