After the Bahrag

Hi there! Every now and then I like starting some, what I like to call, thought-provoking topics, that may or may not get dismissed easily.

This is one of them.

In this edition, I raise a question regarding the Bahrag:

What do you think eould happen if they died? Would the Bohrok run wild, or would some other agent take control? Would a Bohrok undergo some kind of transformation, or would maybe a Toa of Light transform into a new "queen"? Would they simply respawn by the Red Star? What if their "brain was damaged?

I honestly am not sure what to think about this, I feel like the Bohrok would simply run wild like Rahkshi if this happened while they were awake, and maybe that a Bohrok Kal would somehow transform into a new queen..?

Please, discuss. :)

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Well, there couldn't be any Toa of Light to replace the Bahrag, since Takanuva is the only one to have ever existed. 

I think that we can assume that the Great Beings would have built some sort of backup system in case the Bahrag did die, since the MU has thousands of failsafes for any sort of situation (like the Bohrok). 

Following the trend, they would probably respawn on the Red Star, since they are part of the MU. If their memory storage was destroyed, then no. 

bZpOwEr

I don't think the Bohrok are intelligent enough to go wild. They have exhibited some intelligence, but it is mostly just "What do we do with this obstacle?" With no orders coming in, they would either continue their current task to its completion, or just stop.

• Upvote 2

The bohrok would stop in place. The question is what the Bohrok Va and Kal, with their independence, would do.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Personally, I think they'd just cease to function. Take a remote-control car or plane. Get it going, and then rip the batteries out of the remote. What happens? The toy stops in its tracks and does nothing. However, since the Bahrag are part of the MU, they would respawn in the RS, unless their "brains" were damaged.

If that were the case, then there is another option that we've already seen happen in the story. Remember what happened when the Toa locked the Bahrag in a Proto-Cage? The Bohrok deactivated, and the Matoran reprogrammed them and the Va to work for them. If the Bahrag were to be fully killed, then the Matoran could just reprogram them again and put them to use.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Personally, I think they'd just cease to function. Take a remote-control car or plane. Get it going, and then rip the batteries out of the remote. What happens? The toy stops in its tracks and does nothing. However, since the Bahrag are part of the MU, they would respawn in the RS, unless their "brains" were damaged.

If that were the case, then there is another option that we've already seen happen in the story. Remember what happened when the Toa locked the Bahrag in a Proto-Cage? The Bohrok deactivated, and the Matoran reprogrammed them and the Va to work for them. If the Bahrag were to be fully killed, then the Matoran could just reprogram them again and put them to use.

Except the Va still had independent programming. Then again, if there is no Bohrok Kal team to be unleashed following the Bahrag's death, the Va would be pretty much useless.

tahubanner.jpg

Would the Kal/Va be able to reprogram the swarms (like the Matoran did) to be able to aimlessly go about cleaning things?  It would be inefficient, but it might be a viable failsafe.  Also, what were the consequences of trying to stand up the GSR without cleaning the island, anyway?

Worst comes to worst, if the Bahrag died, the Order could probably get somebody to clean the island themselves.  A couple of Toa of Plasma could probably do the job relatively quickly, I think.

• Upvote 1

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

Would the Kal/Va be able to reprogram the swarms (like the Matoran did) to be able to aimlessly go about cleaning things?  It would be inefficient, but it might be a viable failsafe.  Also, what were the consequences of trying to stand up the GSR without cleaning the island, anyway?

Worst comes to worst, if the Bahrag died, the Order could probably get somebody to clean the island themselves.  A couple of Toa of Plasma could probably do the job relatively quickly, I think.

The point of clearing the island was to prevent the proto-made plants and such from becoming an invasive species on the planet the GSR landed on.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Would the Kal/Va be able to reprogram the swarms (like the Matoran did) to be able to aimlessly go about cleaning things? It would be inefficient, but it might be a viable failsafe. Also, what were the consequences of trying to stand up the GSR without cleaning the island, anyway?

Worst comes to worst, if the Bahrag died, the Order could probably get somebody to clean the island themselves. A couple of Toa of Plasma could probably do the job relatively quickly, I think.

The point of clearing the island was to prevent the proto-made plants and such from becoming an invasive species on the planet the GSR landed on.
Seriously? I had no idea... Got a quote or sumthin?

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Would the Kal/Va be able to reprogram the swarms (like the Matoran did) to be able to aimlessly go about cleaning things? It would be inefficient, but it might be a viable failsafe. Also, what were the consequences of trying to stand up the GSR without cleaning the island, anyway?

Worst comes to worst, if the Bahrag died, the Order could probably get somebody to clean the island themselves. A couple of Toa of Plasma could probably do the job relatively quickly, I think.

Seriously? I had no idea... Got a quote or sumthin?

No. There was another part of the explanation that said the Bohrok needed to weaken the island's structure so that Mata Nui could break it on his own. Since it's basically just a mask that sits on his face, I kinda doubt that's the only reason. It's not like he couldn't use his hands to remove it. So, what other logical reason are we left with?

• Upvote 2

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~