The REAL life of Loganto

Lemony Lepid

• 2 weeks later...

I Snazzed

34_page.png

Lgto: I feel a great disturbance in my... nose? But I don't have a- Ah- AHH..

35_page.png

Lgto: CHOOOOoo!!

36_page.png

Lgto: Brutico?

Bru: Yeah?

37_page.png

Lgto: I Snazzed...

Bru: You what?

Lgto: I changed kits, and it's contagious, I think.

Bru: Oh. Well then.. Have fun with that.. I guess..

Lgto: A-alright....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally a kit change. I'm going to make this an arc, and convert everyone.

Until next time!

Edited by Kohnoh Toa of the Trees
  • Upvote 2

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

I like that term, "snazzed". It just sounds funny.

Howdy, it's me Soran. I'm not sure if I've commented yet on this specific series but I've definitely been keeping up with it. I'll try to write something simple and concise to hopefully help you be able to gauge how your series is going. Something that'll hopefully be short and sweet in contrast to what I normally write.

It's nice to see these comics getting back up and running, especially with a great idea. I like the concept of a disease making a character switch kits, it just seems oddly entertaining to me. Especially considering it's a story arc, it should prove interesting. It's like one of those super-disease movies where (SPOILER) nobody normally ends up surviving in the end. Or maybe there's one person who's actually immune to it and he's just stuck with all these snazzy people. Wherever you go with the concept will definitely prove interesting in my opinion, so that's for certain.

Speaking of things for certain, the graphics are still as superb as usual. Considering how your comics looked from the start to what they've now become, I'd say that you've definitely been able to improve in terms of graphics. The eyes and heart-light shining are always pleasant to look at and it helps give your characters a certain "light" (if I may use that word) feeling to them. It's like it gives them more life, which is rather nice looking. Also considering how tedious something small like that is, it's nice to see you putting the effort to achieve such an effect. The shadows, although simple, are also quite nice looking. Without them being faded it almost gives it that MNOG look which you could easily transition into backgrounds if need be.

The backgrounds definitely are the weakest point, but they still are oddly pleasant looking. I think it's just the simplicity is nice in contrast with other series. Although I will say that perhaps you could change up the wall a bit and make it more flattering. Since it looks like you're avoiding any blurring effects (not counting glowing) I would assume that you would also try to avoid gradients. In that case then I would recommend perhaps making a slight pattern and having that overlay the colors you've got going for you currently. I will say though in the context of colors, that your color choice is pretty great. They're definitely the perfect blend between drab enough where they don't steal the audience's attention (which is good) and saturated enough where they give off a certain warmth or color. It just makes it look oddly happy. Maybe I should take off these rose-colored glasses I'm wearing but I think that it truly does look nice in an odd way. It's very nostalgic to comics in the past before they were overloaded with too many photo manipulation elements. But you also do include many photo manipulation elements, but not enough where they take over the entirety of the comic. It is normally just enough where it's like adding a slight spice to the mix. Perhaps I'm beginning to go off on a tangent so I'll get back to what I enjoyed.

You're using enough special effects where it feels like it's not overloading the content. Your backgrounds need some work but the color choices are fantastic and the flooring doesn't need anything added to it (The noise gives it the appearance of it being either a carpet or some sort of flat rock in texture). You've got a great kit choice and an interesting story arc going on currently. The word effects/onomatopoeia could be done better in my opinion. Just sticking with a glow around it makes it look odd, especially in the colors of the matoran. Actually, let me expand on that to explain what exactly I mean.

The special effect, in this case specifically the text, could be done better in my opinion. Just sticking with a glow around it makes it look odd, especially in the colors of the matoran. It's already been made obvious who would be doing the action that the word effect/onomatopoeia is stating so reaffirming it with the colors of the matoran just looks odd. A sneeze is also normally considered a heavier sound in contrast to something like a soft "purr" of a cat. This would be because a sneeze is typically regarded as a loud sound that breaks a silence and is followed by silence, thus making it appear heavy. For this I would recommend giving it a more comical style text and ditching the glow for an outline for the heavier sounds, something similar to these examples. Of course, since it wasn't actually a sneeze, it was a "Ker-Snazzle!" it could have a different connotation entirely, perhaps it's softer sounding than a sneeze, who knows, it's your word. But either way, it's something that I thought I'd bring up as it did look a little odd in relation to the rest of the comic. Just some friendly advice on that regard.

Other than that I would say that you've got a great comic going on and I'm excited to see more of what you bring to the table. It should definitely be interesting to see especially where you bring that story arc. Hopefully this review or comment isn't too mundane but I thought I'd give some advice to a fellow comic maker and friend, especially one who seems to be able to absorb information like a sponge. 

With just and kind regards,

~Soran

Edit: I failed.

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Captain Snip Snipson snipped this

Say, I don't suppose you could make a Ghidora Snazzy-fied?

Because, I'm supposedly in this comic. You don't have to, I was just wondering.

I probably could. All I would need to do is make a tie and apply it to every single body in the kit. Other than that it would be pretty simple. This isn't really something we should discuss in the topic however, it would work better over PM. This is also something that I could probably do if Loganto doesn't get around to it first.

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Treatment.

38_page.png

Lgto: Brutico! I want the couch!

Btco: But I'm comfortable.

39_page.png

Lgto: GIVE ME THE COUCH.

Btco: But I have it right now!

Lgto: I DON'T CARE.

40_page.png

Btco: AHH GET OFF.

Lgto: No.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So new plans. The Snazz wore off and didn't spread. Conflict coming soon.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~