Alternate Bionicle Builds/Customs

The Hordika

Hey guys, I just figured I'd start a forum topic about Alternate Bionicle Builds(Making a new set with a existing one only) and Customs. At this time, my Bionicle(The 2 Toa Hordkia, Rahaga, Piraka and Matoran) are in storage, so I only have Pohatu Mata and Dekar, so don't expect much until I can get some :( Anyhow, feel free to show off :)

Edited by Courier
  • Upvote 1

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

I'm making a series of Rahi with the new sets, some are combiners, others are built using a single set. The more complicated ones have instructions, and when I'm finished they'll be in BBC. Here's a little teaser though...

A super mysterious combiner made with Gali and Pohatu.

I've got quiet a few already made, I can't wait to share them! Most of them are much smaller than the one I linked.

• Upvote 5

IetTsFQ.png

I'm making a series of Rahi with the new sets, some are combiners, others are built using a single set. The more complicated ones have instructions, and when I'm finished they'll be in BBC. Here's a little teaser though...

I've got quiet a few already made, I can't wait to share them! Most of them are much smaller than the one I linked.

Moo. At last the villagers can rest easy in knowing they have steaks and hamburgers.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Love dat Mata Nui Cow.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It's an Okoto-style Mukau! ^_^ Cool!

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

By "customs" do you mean MOCs (your own creations) or customized (painted, etc.) sets?

Anything you want, man. Doesn't matter to me  :)

I've been making a MOC of a Half Rahi half Toa(Similar to Toa Hordika, but more Spider-Like) out of Pohatu Mata and Dekar parts. But, I have come into a rather good amount of money, and I was wondering, what are some decent sets for MOCing? I was looking at the Toa Metru, Vahki, and The Toa Mata.

Holy Mukau! I love this thing! Oh, and please do share the rest  :alert:

Edited by Courier

Glad you like it! I uploaded all of my completed combiners/alternates today, take a look! There are instructions for the larger ones in the descriptions if you'd like to build them. That's about half of them, I still have to buy three Protectors and two Toa before I can make the rest.

That is beautiful!! I wish LEGO did something like that for a Club combiner!

-NotS

Thanks! I am pretty let down by the official combiners (and power-up models), they're all so similar to the standard Toa that I'm not compelled to build any of them. Hopefully LEGO makes some interesting combiners to encourage creative building.

IetTsFQ.png

Thanks! I am pretty let down by the official combiners (and power-up models), they're all so similar to the standard Toa that I'm not compelled to build any of them. Hopefully LEGO makes some interesting combiners to encourage creative building.

Yeah, LEGO used to be good for that (the 2001-2003 combiners were pretty great!). Even later designs like the Manutri and Pit War Tortoise were pretty cool. I still have faith in LEGO's combiner designers!!!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Glad you like it! I uploaded all of my completed combiners/alternates today, take a look! There are instructions for the larger ones in the descriptions if you'd like to build them. That's about half of them, I still have to buy three Protectors and two Toa before I can make the rest.

That is beautiful!! I wish LEGO did something like that for a Club combiner!

-NotS

By the way...I've been a tad bit skeptical on the new Protectors and Toa(or Masters). Are they worth it? I was wondering weather I should spent my MOCing cash on some new or old Bionicle sets... 

By the way...I've been a tad bit skeptical on the new Protectors and Toa(or Masters). Are they worth it? I was wondering weather I should spent my MOCing cash on some new or old Bionicle sets... 

Since you are interested in MoCing, I absolutely recommend the Protectors. I find their pieces are outstanding for building, and they are a good value ($10 for 66 pieces, plus 6 extra beautiful studs). I do recommend the Toa, but I find their pieces to be a bit less inspiring than the $10 sets. The bulk of their usable parts are shells, which are mostly only creatively usable on large or small sets (the Toa are medium-sized), and the decor/weapons are less versatile than the unique parts that the Protectors use (in my opinion).

I'd still recommend the new Toa over old Bionicle sets simply because I like CCBS a whole lot more than old Bionicle. However, if you do want to buy old Bionicle, I can PM you a seller on eBay that I recommend who sells bulk parts.

IetTsFQ.png

Since you are interested in MoCing, I absolutely recommend the Protectors. I find their pieces are outstanding for building, and they are a good value ($10 for 66 pieces, plus 6 extra beautiful studs). I do recommend the Toa, but I find their pieces to be a bit less inspiring than the $10 sets. The bulk of their usable parts are shells, which are mostly only creatively usable on large or small sets (the Toa are medium-sized), and the decor/weapons are less versatile than the unique parts that the Protectors use (in my opinion).

I'd still recommend the new Toa over old Bionicle sets simply because I like CCBS a whole lot more than old Bionicle. However, if you do want to buy old Bionicle, I can PM you a seller on eBay that I recommend who sells bulk parts.

I thank you for the offer, but I don't trust Ebay =/ I tried ordering some a while back, but the seller didn't even have them. On Bricklink is usually where I shop. I've made myself a little list, and I'm only getting 2 older sets. I'm going to try to make the new Toa and Protectors the way I think would look. Wish me luck =D