Zaria, Toa of Iron

16221334056_1f0b67f0ec_c.jpg

For one of my upcoming animations I needed to make Zaria, and in my opinion the Protector of Stone mask fits really well. I love the fact it's dark orange, and I think the colour scheme overall fits. I'm glad I found those Knights Kingdom shoulderpads too, as I think they work well for a Toa of Iron.

Image 1Image 2

The weapon is kinda lazy, but I was struggling to find anything in that dark, gunmetal silver. Once again, I've gone for the Metru build because (as you probably know if you've seen any of my other stuff) I find it best for animating with. Once I get a couple of other projects out of the way I'll be starting animating Forged in Iron, a short (but complex) film that explores Zaria's character in the years after he killed that Makuta. I'll talk about that more in my next MOC post, as I don't want to give too much away about the short film this early on. All constructive criticism is welcome, though due to parts constraints I won't be rebuilding Zaria. I will, however, take anything you guys say on board for future builds for future animations (I have lots of ideas, and thus lots of new characters to build).

Not sure what Zaria's mask could actually be. I think the Protector mask looks kinda' like a Mask of Fusion, but if anyone can think of any more fitting suggestions I may try and work that into the script. And assuming enough people like it, I might take it to Greg and see if he'll make it canon (like with those other polls that keep cropping up).

If you haven't already, check out BIONICLE: The Untold Chapters! It's a collection of BIONICLE short films made by myself and several other animators set in and around the adventures of the main Gen 1 storyline. Some of it, like Vrahno's Struggle in the Drifts and Metru Nui Legacy's KIKANALO you might already be familiar with; others, you might not, but I hope you'll enjoy it all. Altogether, the playlist now reaches 44 minutes of fan-made content, which is super-exciting.

That's all for now.

-Jampot

Edited by Rizzo - Master of Jam
  • Upvote 2

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Nice.  

It really is a shame that LEGO never made a grey Metru torso.

It is indeed. That'd be particularly useful for making a Metru-build Krakua, which I may still try but with a black body and lots of grey and silver parts.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg