Akamai Master of Valor

VBBN

Messed around with Tahu, Pohatu, and Onua today

16230748256_642b6c1f26_o.png

16069298360_4ec988dae1_o.png

16256654145_bbb59700c7_o.png

Both arms move via gear system.  Gear system is mostly Onua's design. 

16070811707_7b7fd35c8c_o.png

I tried to keep a few details from the original 01 Akamai present here. The chest using claws was one, and this...thing was the other. The original had two mata skulls as a sort of club or large hand, I opted to make it into an energy firing weapon of some sort. 

16070814247_58dcb84137_o.png

Also out of the spare parts I built a flying skull turtle and a skull snake. I mean, why not,

16256651615_5caec20977_o.png

He's not perfect, certainly some areas like his upper thighs suffered a lot from the lack of parts, but I'm pleased with how he turned out. I tried to keep the gold off of him to stay truer to his G1 colors. 

• Upvote 9

Nice, it looks strikingly similar to the 2001 version. The left arm looks a little too robotic compared to the rest of the body, mostly because of how silver it is, but I love what you did with the heads and the Bohrok eyes. Can the Bohrok eyes open/close a little bit?

IetTsFQ.png

I was always a fan of the 01 Kaita (even if they weren't the best looking creations), and it's really cool to see someone try and take that design, improve upon it, and translate it into Gen2. Akamai's odd head-hand thing is supposed to be a hammer, which I never understood as a kid either, which maybe they tried to pay homage to that through Onua's combined-claw hammer? Who knows, but I like the spin you took on it, and while it is a bit too silver-y, using parts only from the new sets doesn't always give you the best colours or piece options so it looks cool for what it is. I'd love to see how they'd look with a gold mask, though.

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

At first I thought this was a little underwhelming compared to some of the larger, more robust 2015 Kaita Mocs I have seen. But then I took a closer look and realized that you were trying to emulate the look of the original 2001 Akamai! And by that comparison you have succeeded tremendously.

The use of Onua's feet for the claws on his chest is nothing short of genius, and the claw arm is excellent. Some really creative design choices in the torso, though the overall size isn't too impressive (is the original Akamai taller?). I'm usually bugged by the use of hand (fist) pieces for armour but the use here actually looks pretty good. Overall, really like the top half, though the legs leave a lot to be desired.

Oh, and the Skull animals are pretty funny. xD

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Thanks everyone! Indeed my goal here wasn't to use all of the parts of the three toa to create a massive abomination, but rather to try to create an updated version of the character Akamai using parts from the three sets. He isn't massive and there are a lot of components leftover.

Nice, it looks strikingly similar to the 2001 version. The left arm looks a little too robotic compared to the rest of the body, mostly because of how silver it is, but I love what you did with the heads and the Bohrok eyes. Can the Bohrok eyes open/close a little bit?

There is limited movement, they can be positioned slightly due to the movement of the eyestalk and the heads, though they can't close much more than they are now. 

As for the robotic arm, I actually have a red torso shell leftover from Tahu, that could help to breakup the silver a bit. 

I was always a fan of the 01 Kaita (even if they weren't the best looking creations), and it's really cool to see someone try and take that design, improve upon it, and translate it into Gen2. Akamai's odd head-hand thing is supposed to be a hammer, which I never understood as a kid either, which maybe they tried to pay homage to that through Onua's combined-claw hammer? Who knows, but I like the spin you took on it, and while it is a bit too silver-y, using parts only from the new sets doesn't always give you the best colours or piece options so it looks cool for what it is. I'd love to see how they'd look with a gold mask, though.

As mentioned above I could put a red torso shell onto the weapon, I'll try it out later and get back with a picture. I'll also take a pic with the Gold mask. 

At first I thought this was a little underwhelming compared to some of the larger, more robust 2015 Kaita Mocs I have seen. But then I took a closer look and realized that you were trying to emulate the look of the original 2001 Akamai! And by that comparison you have succeeded tremendously.

The use of Onua's feet for the claws on his chest is nothing short of genius, and the claw arm is excellent. Some really creative design choices in the torso, though the overall size isn't too impressive (is the original Akamai taller?). I'm usually bugged by the use of hand (fist) pieces for armour but the use here actually looks pretty good. Overall, really like the top half, though the legs leave a lot to be desired.

Oh, and the Skull animals are pretty funny. xD

-NotS

I don't have the original Akamai for comparison, this guy is two modules taller than the new tahu (in terms of head height) so compare how you like that way. 

And yeah I struggled a bit with the legs, I like how the gearbox combined with the torso shell, but I didn't really have a way of improving upon those small thighs. 

Wow, this is really neat! I like how you managed to reproduce the features of the original Akamai using the new parts, and even included a gear function.And those skull creatures are hillarious. Now I want to see someone build the TOA NUI. :P

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

So are there Directions for this? I just finally found some of the sets on our shelves and managed to start off with the PoE and LoSS. When I can get to the full sets I want to build one myself.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I think this is my favourite Kaita so far. It isn't so gangly as the others (probably because it isn't so insistent on using EVERY last part!) and those weapons look great. The chest is brilliant as well, I really love every part of it!

Just looking at the pics again (because I can't leave such a biased and positive comment without at least one criticism!!!) I gues it would be that the torso is a little too much of a perfect T and could use a little padding out at the waist to turn it into more of a V shape? But everything else is amazing, great job ;)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!