Hitman XV: Steltian Showdown

JAG18

Hitman XV: Steltian Showdown

The Plot:

Ten Twelve kidnapped Biomechanical beings have been forced to compete in a brutal contest against their will for the enjoyment of Stelt’s upper classes.  Tossed into a massive arena and given Stones of incredible—if unwieldy—power, to increase the bloodshed, only one will survive and win their freedom in the Steltian Showdown.

How-to-Play:

In Hitman, each player is trying to kill all the other players; each turn all (living) players will pm me a target, a weapon of their choice and a Gambler’s Stone they wish to use that round.

Each player pms me their profile with their weapon resistances; each weapon must have a number between one and six, but no two weapons can share the same number. An example profile:

Blunt Objects: 2

Sharp Objects: 1

Explosives: 3

Poisons: 4

Ranged: 5

Elemental: 6

In order to kill a player, the die roll needs to be equal or greater than the targeted player’s resistance.  E. G. Player Huffpuff attacks Player Tor-Tor with a Mace (blunt object) and a 5 is rolled; Tor-Tor’s blunt object resistance is only 4, so he is killed and eliminated from the game.

Be as creative as you want in your weapon choice so long as a weapon type (sharp object, blunt object, etc.) is included.

At the beginning of each round every player will have forty-eight hours to pm their target.  If you have any questions about any rules, feel free to ask in the topic and I will gladly answer to the best of my abilities.  

Gambling Stones:

When a player pms their kill, they can also (but don’t have to) send me the Gambling Stone they wish to use that round.  The Gambling Stones and their specific instructions are as follows:

Akaku Stone: Choose a player.  The die is rolled.  That player’s weapon resistance equal to the number rolled is revealed to the Akaku Stone user.

Kakama Stone: Choose a coin outcome.  Pick a second target.  If the guess is correct, then both kills are made (but not guaranteed success), otherwise, neither kill is made.

Hau Stone: Choose a resistance.  Roll the die.  If even add the outcome to the player’s chosen resistance for the round, if odd subtract it.

Pakari Stone: The die is rolled.  If even add the outcome to the number rolled when deciding this round’s kill, if odd subtract the number.

Sanok Stone: Guess a number between 1 and 6.  Roll the die.  If correct then the user’s next kill is guaranteed, otherwise nothing happens.

When using a Gambling Stone, just say something like, “I wish to use the Pakari Stone,” and follow the specific stone’s instructions.  

Addendum I: Each player starts with one of each Gambling Stone each of which they may use once per game.  Once a stone is used, it is gone for good; once a player is eliminated all their stones are gone for good.

Rules:

I. All BZPower rules apply.

II. Please, only use one pm, as in, don’t keep sending me new pms each round.

III. No switching targets mid-round.  If I’m given a second target, I will use the first one and ignore any subsequent ones.

IV. Please, no complaining about outcomes.  I have a large puffy die, which I drop randomly and fairly.  

Player slots:

I. Voxumo killed by the Forgotten Warrior

II. Chro killed by Tyler

III. Toru Acura

IV. Neo ShadowVezon killed by the Forgotten Warrior

V. Kopekemaster killed by Burnmad and Shadowvezon

VI. Axilus Prime killed by Tyler and Shadowhawk

VII. Shadowhawk killed by Axilus

VIII. The Forgotten Warrior

IX. Voltex killed by Axilus 

X. Burnmad killed by The Forgotten Warrior and Toru Acura

XXIII. Tyler killed by Voxumo

YYHHHHTTMMMMMMMCXXXV: Luroka killed by Chro

Sign-Ups will last for about two days from the time of this topic’s posting.  If fewer than ten people join when sign-ups end, then the game will start anyway.  If more than ten people join before sign ups end then sign-ups will remain open.

Edited by JAG18
  • Upvote 2

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Everybody in.

Spot 2427135

You fiend, forcing me to invent new Roman Numerals.  

Also, I'm assuming we get one Gambling Stone of each type for the entire game, and when we use one it's gone permanently? I didn't see that explicitly discussed in the rules...

You're right, the rules have been clarified.  

Edited by JAG18

Everybody in.

Spot 2427135

You fiend, forcing me to invent new Roman Numerals.  

Also, I'm assuming we get one Gambling Stone of each type for the entire game, and when we use one it's gone permanently? I didn't see that explicitly discussed in the rules...

You're right, the rules have been clarified.  

Shouldn't there be two Y's?

bBhcfWO.png

Alright, I think that's everyone; since it's been almost two days I'm going to end sign-ups now.

Four players have a little less than 48 hours to pm me their profiles and then they and six other players have the same amount of time to pm me their kills for the round.

GO!

• Upvote 1

Just a question, for the Sanok stone:

Sanok Stone: Guess a number between 1 and 6.  Roll the die.  If correct then the user’s next kill is guaranteed, otherwise nothing happens.

Basically, all this does is make them killable for their "6" (being immortal for that weapon) weapon, right? Because, other than that, if you replace the guessable numbers with the choice of weapon you attack them with, it's the same odds (except for 6).

Actually, I think it makes the odds worse, because you only have a 1 in 6 chance with the Sanok, whereas, otherwise:
(If their defense is a 1): 5/6
(If their defense is a 2): 4/6
(If their defense is a 3): 3/6
(If their defense is a 4): 2/6
(If their defense is a 5): 1/6
(If their defense is a 6): 0/6
Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Uh, I think the "does nothing" meant that nothing happens, meaning, any potential kill is aborted.

I could be wrong, though.

Either way, just keep in mind, how many of you are actually going to live long enough to use all five stones?   :P

Yeah, I've actually been planning in which order to use my stones for most potential kills for me before I get killed.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Introduction:
A rather short and stubby Steltian proudly marched through the V.I.P. section of the, oh so creatively named Grand Coliseum, all around him were members of Stelt’s upper classes and their entourage.  Most of the assembled elites had met each other on the field of battle during the many feudal wars that were incredibly common to Stelt, but today they put aside their differences to enjoy the island pastime: brutal gladiatorial combat.  
The awkwardly shaped Steltian was the organizer of the event that had brought all the important and powerful beings together.  He was the Fight Master and now he prepared to address the coliseum patrons; the stubby Steltian stepped out of the dimly lit V.I.P. section, his gold plated horns shining in the sunlight, his emerald eyes gleaming as they stared out into the assembled mass of rogues and filth sitting in the stands.  

The Fight Master began a passionate speech extolling the “virtues” of their gladiatorial fights, then he bragged about how he had “recruited” only the finest warriors and marauders for this special battle.  He also made a desperate case for the twist (practically a necessity for entertainment fights these days) he promised that the Gambling Stones—unusual inventions of the Nynrah Ghosts—would provide to the upcoming fight.  
Finally, a Matoran servant handed him a torch which he hurled into the center of the coliseum where a firework was ready to erupt, whether the torch landed 

After the sparks finished falling and the crowd’s cheers reached their zenith the Fight Master shouted, “Let the Steltian Showdown begin!”

Round I: Shattersound

Chro jumped to the top of a protodermis pillar and surveyed the Grand Coliseum.  It was a massive jungle of shifting pillars and pits, and everywhere was constant sound, for this arena’s element was Sonics.  Chro rode his pillar high into the sky when he glanced to his left and quickly drew his sword in response to seeing his nemesis.
The nemisis in question—Luroka--revealed his Sledgehammer with a twirl, that did nothing practical but looked really cool; this warrior made his stand on a protodermis pillar just an epic leap from Chro’s.  The two both took a battle stance before hurling themselves at each other.  They flew, swung in mid-air and then descended back down.

Chro slammed into the pillar formerly occupied back Luroka, but managed to get a firm grip.  His foe was not nearly as lucky.  Luroka was hit in the head by the flat part of Chro’s blade causing the hammer wielder to fall wildly and be shattered by a half dozen pillars that he hit on the painful and deadly trip back down. For now Chro breathed a sigh of relief and moved once more through the coliseum.  

Elsewhere, Kopekemaster took a position from which gave him a perfect view of his prey.  They were, Voltex (who was tinkering with an odd contraption that Kopeke didn't give a moment’s notice) and Tyler who looked as if he was charging up an elemental attack; the two warriors were only a few paces from each other, although a short wall of protodermis divided them.  Kopeke grinned and drew two flaming arrows, "Perfect killing two birds with...two stones."  The bowman pulled back the two burning arrows, took aim and then…was smacked upside the head by Burnmad.  The fiery fighter then proceeded to beat Kopeke senseless with his metal gloves.
Burnmad began to laugh triumphantly for a whole two seconds, after which he was shot in the back by the Forgotten (especially by Burnmad) Warrior.  Forgotten Warrior quickly abandoned his far off sniper’s nest before things got really ugly.

Without any warning, numerous protodermis pillars disappeared and a clearing was made putting five combatants in striking distance.  It was a killing zone. 

Voltex struck first, by splattering Burnmad’s half-dead body with a cake fired from (amazingly) a cake catapult.  Voxumo attacked next, launching Ice Daggers at Voltex who skillfully dodged them and in the same motion fired another delectable pastry at Shadowhawk who barely avoided it.  Before Voltex could do anything else Axillus squashed him with a Gravity Hammer..only to be fried by Tyler’s elemental blast.  Caught up in the moment, Shadowhawk rushed Axilus and stabbed him with his Stiletto knife; unfortunately, Axilus’ concealed Plasma Grenade detonated blasting he and his knife happy opponent to pieces.  

The rest of the warriors had already fled back into the maze of pillars, when Shadowvezon arrived to see his target Kopeke already dead—this minor inconvenience did not stop the new arrival from shocking the corpse with elemental lightning delivered via a Joy Buzzer.  ShadowVezon had just made his getaway when the pile of cake covering Burnmad started to move, for somehow, the fiery fighter was still alive!  

Until Toru Acura filled him with sharp things, before cutting off him snapping fingers and finally tossed him into a nearby pit filled with crushing sound.  Thus it was that Burnmad was shattered right out of existence.

The technicians changed the Grand Coliseum to the Fight Master's liking and the contestants prepared for another day of bloodshed.

Tldr:
Chro kills Lukora with a sword (blunt object).  Hau reduces his defense, but has no effect on the battle. 
The Forgotten Warrior kills Burnmad with an Automatic .50 Desert Eagle (Ranged?)  
Tyler kills Axilus with elemental (elemental).  
Shadowhawk kills Axilus with a Stiletto Knife (sharp object).  
Burnmad kills Kopeke by slapping him with gloves (blunt objects).  
Kopeke fails to kill Voltex and Tyler with a fire bow (ranged)
Luroka fails to kill Chro with a Sledgehammer (blunt object)
SV kills Kopekemaster with a Joy Buzzer (elemental)
Voltex fails to do anything to Shadowhawk and Burnmad with a Cake Catapult (ranged), mostly because his Kakama stone didn't activate.  
Voxumo fails to kill Voltex with Ice (elemental)
Axilus kills Shadowhawk with a Plasma Grenade (explosive) and Voltex with a gravity hammer (blunt object)
Toru Acura kills Burnmad with Sharp Objects

Round two begins now, please send in your kills.  

Edited by JAG18