Classic Pohatu (Pohatu + Protector of Stone Combiner) - 2015

Since I first saw the initial 2015 Pohatu model, I have been annoyed by the way the torso was designed, with the shoulders being larger than the hips, unlike the original. I got the whole collection on the first, but didn't get around to trying anything until this past weekend. I eventually decided that it was necessary to combine the Protector of Stone with Pohatu, in order to get enough brown elements, so it ended up turning into a combiner, akin to the LEGO Club Tahu combiner. Mid-way through building, I went all out and tried to replicate the original Pohatu as best as I could using 2015 elements, including leg functions as was the case with the original, and the more claw-like hands. I plan on creating some instructions whenever I find the time to do so.

16268600965_90e2b770d8_o_d.jpg

Additional Images:

15648887873_b4fe4fdb36_b_d.jpg

16082917577_b8d15f00cb_b_d.jpg

16242861476_55b504ebb4_b_d.jpg

Edited by ProfessorBrickkeeper
  • Upvote 8

Certainly looks interesting, and I appreciate the editing, but it might be a good idea to include a photo that shows off the MOC itself better. Right now, for example, I can't quite tell what I think of the three-jointed legs or the torso shape or the claw-foot-hands. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I like the effects and your digital editing skill is very good, but could you post some regular photos from different angles? Also, while the gearbox on the legs is cool, the crotch looks a little disturbing to me. is it just there because if not their would be a ball joint coming out there? Other than that it looks really good. How did you connect the head?

I applaud your photo editing skills, but as others have said, additional shots of the model would be appreciated. From what I can see, you've put Pohatu's chest armour on his back, but it sticks out a bit and doesn't cover his upper back area. On the plus side, it looks like you've distributed the colours evenly in a way that works - the arms and legs are the same colour as each other, etc. Nice job.

tumblr_m4nvibwIXJ1rnriz3o1_500.gif

• 9 months later...