Reflection

jpod496

**Author’s note: The following takes place in an alternate reality of Bionicle so I can let my creative juices flow without mucking up major story events. I thank you for your consideration.* “As I am being led down these corridors in chains, being led to an uncertain fate, I wonder how it all went wrong. From what I have heard the Evil Ones say, we are all just a glitch. How can an entire race of beings be called merely a glitch? Oh wait; to them we are just slaves and drones to be disposed of at their whim.We are all slaves. They are chilling words, but true. To them, we are all just slaves. We were created to protect the other slaves, the Matoran who really were not supposed to be sapient at all. We exist because of a glitch. Something that went wrong. That they caused. We were just created to fix their mistake. After that we were supposed to die. We are not really even slaves now. We are just a virus waiting to be exterminated by their drones and antibodies.We are just a virus. But not me. No, I have to be kept alive. I have bought a temporary respite from the destruction by becoming a lab animal and now am no longer a Toa. I am saddened that we praised, no, worshiped them. And this is how they repay 101,001 years of toil, by destroying the Toa. If we all die, the Matoran die with us.The Matoran die with us.But, who says the Toa won’t rise again? Heroes can never really die. Where there is evil good must rise to counter act it. You can slay me, my friends, my brothers, but we will never truly die.And that is a comforting thought.”Tahu watched as the Marendar robot led the Toa who had sacrificed himself into the darkness. “This is not over. Be it a year, ten years, or ten thousand, we will rescue him.”