Master and protector of Earth combiner

Kome the Artist

Is the new Bionicle iOS (and Android?) game not out in all countries yet? Because it seems that no one has noticed that you have the option of playing a Master and Protector of Earth combiner instead of Onua in the game, and I haven't seen any comments on the matter.

I built it as best I could from the pictures in-game (they are really accurate!) and took some pictures, so here they are:

First, the basic figure

XgRyHB2.jpg?1

The weapon. It's the only part I am not sure I got right - with the remaining parts, it was hard to see the way it should be assembled:

U4RocU2.jpg?1

The inside of the weapon, so you can see how it's assembled.

hnsSqni.jpg?1

The tail. You will maybe notice that the feet are not correct - the protectors feet are supposed to be connected to the back of Onua's feet. I might upload a picture later illustrating this.

ENUvBh6.jpg?1

Back - notice that the Protector body is connected to the Toa body

HV0SaqP.jpg?1

His right arm

05EUyQM.jpg?1

Right arm - notice that his hand is attached to a smaller arm-piece than usual

6KHYFtE.jpg?1

So there you go, you should be able to assemble it from these pictures :)

Regards,

Komé

Edited by Kome the Artist
  • Upvote 3

This has actually been mentioned in at least one topic here re. the game on both Android and Apple. The Android game gives us the Kopaka combiner and I was actually considering building that one last night just as you have done for Onua! It would be great to see the pics of what you came up with, though this might be better off in BBC once you upload them! That's a problem for the mods though, please share your pics as soon as you can!!!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

The pictures have been uploaded  :)

There has been some discussion of this already in this topic. However, it doesn't look like anyone has tried to recreate the model yet. (An Ice combiner has also been discovered, if you have those sets and want to try your hand at building that, too.)

I'm afraid I can't do it from a single picture (even though I think Kopaka's combiner is probably really simple and akin to Tahu's) but if someone where to find out how to unlock the character on the iOS version of the game, I could have a look. But it looks like Munty might do it :)

Edited by Kome the Artist

Well of all the combiners I have seen, Onua have to be the worst combiner I have seen, I mean everything on him is just bad, the only thing I like about the Onua combiner is the weapon, that's it, there isn't anything else and what ever more bad is that they have a random rock piece on his right shoulder armor.

Also why haven't you link the piece of the Onua combiner from the Bionicle iOS?

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I posted up the Kopaka combiner yesterday, here is a link > http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16855-kopaka-alternate-form-app-combiner/

You did a great job with the Onua combiner, I'm not a fan of the design though. It doesn't help that I dislike Onua anyway but I think the combiner makes it even worse. The weapon is good but his already huge chest looks even bigger without that shoulder armour and I really think moving it was a mistake...

I like some parts of the design (the crystal hammer is nifty, and that tail... :wub: ), but this model definitely suffers for losing the shoulder armor, which pulls a lot of the weight on the original set toward filling out Onua's huge torso. You seem to have done an expert job at recreating the look of the model from the app, so good job there!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well of all the combiners I have seen, Onua have to be the worst combiner I have seen, I mean everything on him is just bad, the only thing I like about the Onua combiner is the weapon, that's it, there isn't anything else and what ever more bad is that they have a random rock piece on his right shoulder armor.

Also why haven't you link the piece of the Onua combiner from the Bionicle iOS?

Personally, I think he is one of the better combiners, considering that the others we've seen (Tahu and Kopaka) looks more like just extra added armour, which I think is dissappointing.

I don't mind the loss of the shoulder but if someone does, you can easily move the pieces on his left hand to his shoulders :)

But if you move the pieces then he isn't the combiner is he and I think that's the point. If Lego wants to give us official combiners then the designs should be as good as or better than the unofficial MoCs that we will inevitably see on here. With Onua that's not the case. And I really like Kopaka's alternate form for what it's worth, sure it isn't hugely different from his normal shape like Onua's is but maybe that's not such a bad thing seeing as the big guy now has a tail and no shoulders! :D

This has been discussed in several topics, but you did a great job with the combiner aside from one glaring flaw that I see in the pictures that are not reflected in your model is that the protector's feet are attached to the back of Onua's feet. Other than that it looks very close to the combiner. As Onua is my favorite of the Toa, I'm a little disappointed by his alternate form. The inclusion of a tail was pretty cool if not a little odd. The main problem I have with the combiner is the lack of shoulder armor that, as others have said, makes the large chest piece look out of place. I also dislike and am confused by the rock armor piece next to his head like a tumor. It doesn't look good and I can't imagine what purpose it could possibly have.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

This has been discussed in several topics, but you did a great job with the combiner aside from one glaring flaw that I see in the pictures that are not reflected in your model is that the protector's feet are attached to the back of Onua's feet. (...)

Thanks for pointing that out, I completely missed that! The thing about the models is, even though they're really precise, they blend the pieces a lot. I will make a note of it in the first post!