Do you prefer "Adrenaline Mode" or regular mode for each Toa?

Nescent

That depends because some of the toa have their adrenaline form and some not.

All six Toa have both an "adrenalin mode" and a "battle mode". It's subtler on some than on others, but they definitely all have differing forms.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Onua: AM, I don't like one headed Hammers

Lewa: RM, the "wings" just don't look right to me

Tahu: RM, his swords look amazing

Pohatu: RM, but I like AM too. Its just quite hard to pose because of the Boomerangs being too large

Gali: AM, the big axe is huge, and her trident/spear looks amazing without these pieces

Kopaka: I don't like Kopaka, he looks too bulky to me. But I prefer his RM.

I'm kind of torn on this.

For Tahu, adrenaline mode is best because of the Nuva/Lhikan-esque swords and the fact that the gold mask meshes really well with the rest of his gold.

For Kopaka, I'm leaving him normally because I think that the skis are goofy and that he as a Toa of Ice does not need an iota more gold on him.

For Onua, I'm leaving him normally because I don't want to mess up his goofy color scheme even more and because the shovels are a poor substitute for claws. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Each one of the Toa has two "modes," which do you prefer? Here are their different configurations:

RM=Regular Mode, AM=Adrenaline Mode

Onua: RM is hammer, AM is shovels.

Lewa: RM is axes, AM is flight/swords.

Pohatu: RM is boomerangs, AM is flight/boomerangs on feet.

Tahu: RM is swords, AM is lava board/small swords.

Kopaka: RM is spear/shield, AM is skis/ski pole.

Gali: RM is axe, AM is flippers/mermaid.

Which do you think looks better, or have the most fun posing, or just prefer in general?

RM for everyone. AM's seem like a downgrade.

Edited by moamahrimatoro

cringe

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, Gali has a trident, not an axe, secondly, Pohatu has his knife when in AM,

While the weapon is officially called an elemental trident... it's clearly an axe when in battle mode. Two giant, broad blades on one end, and three comparatively small prongs on the other. If anything, it's more like a trident when the axe heads are removed for Adrenalin Mode (even though her bio calls it a harpoon).

Let's see...

Tahu: I like both his modes equally. Everybody loves lava surfboards and swords though. 

Gali: I like both her modes equally too, though I kind of lean towards the adrenaline mode as then the trident isn't so massively oversized.

Lewa: I prefer regular mode, his axes don't really fit that well in adrenaline mode.

Pohatu: I prefer regular mode for Pohatu. The boomerangs honestly don't work that well on the feet - too prone to falling over with them on the feet.

Kopaka: I prefer the spear/shield combo in regular mode. I love spears and I love massive shields so I may be biased. Also they look comically long on his feet.

Onua: I like both of his modes equally. The shovel-claws are a nice 2001 throwback but the hammer works well too.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

To me, the adrenaline mode is just marketing really. I don't see much difference. Its like calling Tahu Nuva riding his lava board "Adrenaline Mode". To me its just them using their weapons differently.

But set-wise, I like Lewa and Onua in "adrenaline mode". 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

To me, the adrenaline mode is just marketing really. I don't see much difference. Its like calling Tahu Nuva riding his lava board "Adrenaline Mode". To me its just them using their weapons differently.

But set-wise, I like Lewa and Onua in "adrenaline mode". 

Well, yes. It's pretty much the exact same thing as previous multi-function weapons, but now we have a distinct term for it.

For display purposes I'm just going to have them in the form that they use on their box, but for story purposes I like their non-adrenaline form (Tahu using his lava board as a shield for most of the first few episodes is pretty nice)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Does anyone think the summer wave will have adrenaline mode

Hmm, it's hard to say. I know that Warrior has Adrenaline Mode, since he has a bow and a sword sheathed on his back. The others I'm not so sure.

I doubt that even counts as "Adrenalin Mode", since the whole point of Adrenalin Mode is enhanced mobility. Unless he surfs on his bow when using his spear, I fail to see how either weapon gives him any sort of speed advantage.

Does anyone think the summer wave will have adrenaline mode

Hmm, it's hard to say. I know that Warrior has Adrenaline Mode, since he has a bow and a sword sheathed on his back. The others I'm not so sure.
I doubt that even counts as "Adrenalin Mode", since the whole point of Adrenalin Mode is enhanced mobility. Unless he surfs on his bow when using his spear, I fail to see how either weapon gives him any sort of speed advantage.

I didn't realize that. I guess the summer sets won't have Adrenaline Mode then.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png