Protector Nui

Irrie

Deep within the lore of Okoto exists legends and rumor of a mystical being. Summoned only by the combined unity of six elders, it is a creature that wields every aspect of nature itself at its fingertips. This being is Cathasaq, the Protector Nui. 

After building the Protector Kaita, I decided it would be a fun project to convert them into something bigger. And this is what I got. 
Behold Cathasaq, the Protector Nui! I hope you guys enjoy!

The only parts not from the Protectors are several friction joints and a Metru thigh for connection. 

Pose
Back
Right
Left
Front
Justice

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

It is very colorful, but I suppose that is the way that most of these combiners end up. It kind of reminds me of a centaur. It looks pretty nice. My only complaint is that the back between the leg pairs seems to be a little lacking. You have a little bit of stuff there, but there are some pretty big gaps which kind of hurt the effect.

signoff2.png

I agree on the centaur-like appearance and the gap on it's back. Did you consider placing the torso further back? Either directly above the front legs would probably improve the profile somewhat or maybe even put it between the legs to fill that space and creat a sort of nidhiki like appearance.

Nice use of all the parts though, I think the multicoloured ammo looks great too. Shows all of the elements together I think ;)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Honestly less can be more, both in parts and colors,  or at least more organized colors, not to mention the way it looks the MOC is barely holding itself together as it's about to fall face first down. I'd suggest redoing it from scratch either sticking to the centaur form or with something else.

Very colorful

You can thank Lego's awesome new bright translucent parts for that!

OOh, much colors. Such good

Aside from all the doge-ishness, this is a great model. 5/5 would look at again

Thanks!

It is very colorful, but I suppose that is the way that most of these combiners end up. It kind of reminds me of a centaur. It looks pretty nice. My only complaint is that the back between the leg pairs seems to be a little lacking. You have a little bit of stuff there, but there are some pretty big gaps which kind of hurt the effect.

I tried putting the Protector of Earth's spike-shield there to act as an armor piece, but it didn't quite hold in firm enough, so I had to remove it. 

Much better than the Protector Kaitas, but there are not enough gatling guns.

Really? I only have two on here because I thought that my Kaitas had too many guns.  :P

I agree on the centaur-like appearance and the gap on it's back. Did you consider placing the torso further back? Either directly above the front legs would probably improve the profile somewhat or maybe even put it between the legs to fill that space and creat a sort of nidhiki like appearance.

I tried that a couple of times in the early stages of development, but I didn't have quite the right parts to correctly connect the two torso pieces (the Protectors not having any Metru thighs to connect two ball joints). I also considered several other methods, but those would end up creating more gaps than were already there.  :shrugs:

not to mention the way it looks the MOC is barely holding itself together as it's about to fall face first down. 

You'd be surprised. The four legs and the two long tails do a pretty good job of distributing the weight, or at least from my experiences with it. 

I'd suggest redoing it from scratch either sticking to the centaur form or with something else.

Love you too!  ;)

Edited by The Irrational Rock
  • Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

So much colour! Kind of makes me wish the Protectors came with at least one gold mask... that would have looked great on this. Overall, an intriguing design! I never imagined having a Nui that is quadrupedal so this is definitely an interesting design choice.

Looks pretty pleasing - nice even colour distrubtion (despite having so many!) and I like the weapon. The use of all the colours on the launcher is a nice touch too.

Excellent job! :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

So much colour! Kind of makes me wish the Protectors came with at least one gold mask... that would have looked great on this. Overall, an intriguing design! I never imagined having a Nui that is quadrupedal so this is definitely an interesting design choice.

Looks pretty pleasing - nice even colour distrubtion (despite having so many!) and I like the weapon. The use of all the colours on the launcher is a nice touch too.

Excellent job! :)

-NotS

A golden protector mask...I think a translucent rainbow one would be more appropriate, but that could still work.  ;)

And thanks for your compliments! Probably one of the hardest things that came with building this guy was sorting all of the pieces so that I could use four of each one for the different legs. 

I'm glad you like it! 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr