Master of Jungle

Mr. Cod

This looks amazing! defenitly a lot cooler than the colors for the original model. I like how the scratches and details make evertyhing look like metal, which gives him a more bio-mechanical feel and a bether look just in general.

however, since the bone pieces isn't paintet, they look a bit out or propotion in my opinion, since they are shining while the painted armor pieces aren't. also the bright green on the chest armor piece looks a bit odd compared to the darker green on everything else.

but overall I think it looks great! It's definitly a lot bether than the original model. Good job!

Edited by TurteX

-  :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Check out my photostream at Flickr!

That's an excellent job. I'm not even going to let the purist in me comment because you're altering a brand new, in-production, on the shelf set. That's very different to cutting up Avohkiis and Kraahkans and other OOP pieces! AS TurteX says I think the changes you've made are a vast improvement over the original set, it's a whole new level of cool.

Of course the work you've done is likely to be controversial as it does devalue the set as far as playability goes but as an adult collector who likes to display my sets I would love to have all 6 of my Toa looking like this! (I would of course have to buy a second set of them for the purist in me but it would be worth it!)

EDIT : I just recognised your avatar. You must be the Modalt masks guy! I've seen your work before, it's nice stuff. The purist in me disagrees for the most part but he agrees it shows skill :P 

Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

The new one is sixty times better. I am amazed at your work again! You are one of the greats for sure.

Every little detail is beautiful- the yellow on the knee armor, the Nuva symbol on his shoulder, the darkened colors in general make this a work of art.

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Although I always liked the bright green of the original sets better than the later dark green from Metru Nui and onwards, I think that in this case dark green is an improvement. The lines on the edges still give Lewa a brigth contrast color, and the more muted yellow keeps it from dominating as much as it does in the standard model. I also like how you made the metal colors a bit more unified.

The only details I'm not quite sold on are the squiggly lines on his chest design, they look like they are of lower quality than the rest. You did such a great job on adding texture and "chipped" parts that it's very easy to overlook such a minor flaw, however!

Great work. :)

• Upvote 1