Bbc #62 Entry: Manbat

While thinking of characters from DC comics to do this, one of the first ones I thought of was Manbat. Knowing I'm not the best at humanoid faces, I thought it'd be easier if I went for something with a more bestial look. Also, I really like Manbat as a villain, even if I am more of a Marvel guy.So without further ado...dscf3046.jpg(click here for the rest of the gallery when it's up)And yes, those are blue jeans.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

The face is incredible. I'm a fan of these animal-humanoid-not-really-human-beastial-creatures, and I'm a fan of well-constructed MOCs. :PI can't see the gallery yet, but I'll be watching for when it is public! I can't wait to see!EDIT: Didn't realize I could click on the picture ... :blink: Wow, I guess I still have noob moments :PThe wings are awesome! I love how you made the "fingers" in the wing able to move with the ball pieces, much like a real bat wing. And if those are METRU bodies on the legs, wow, that's a tall MOC!

Edited by Toa Mata Pony

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

"It's in me, Batman!"From what's visible in the main picture, it looks really cool and well constructed, with the wings and head definitely being the high points of the MoC. I may have more to add once the folder is public, though."That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Well, this guy certainly screams Manbat. Kudos on finding a character that translates well to Bionicle pieces. The posing in this picture helps a lot, too - I'll be interested in seeing the other images once the gallery's open. Just a few things about it that irk me, though:

• [*]The nose suffers from having too much contrast, and from being too far inward from the lower jaw. Ideally, that socket piece would be the same color as the ears, although I'm uncertain if they've made those in that gold (BrickLink indicates that they haven't). But certainly they exist in dark tan (from Avak) or Dark Flesh (from Pouks or Velika). As for the issue of the nose being too far back, you can actually fit a 1x2 System plate in the slots on the side of that socket piece - one of those in the appropriate colour would sync up the jaws nicely.[*]The arms seem to have four segments, which the pose does a decent job of hiding. I'm not sure why this is, because from all indications, the segment with the Metru thigh plate on it isn't needed - just connect the Piraka leg to the wing segment with a regular socket. Getting it down to two segments might be a bit harder, but getting it down to three would help.[*]This one's really minor, but his calves look like they could really use some muscles - he's got pretty thick thighs, but then the calves are just thin and single pieced and all-around bleh. This would depend on how much navy blue you have, though, so I can understand if that was the limiting factor.

On the whole, though, nice entry, visually very evocative of the character, definitely want to see more of it. Best of luck.- Elzy brickmote.gif

Edited by Elzy
bannerelzy.jpg

Oh now I can see the gallery!The wings impress me the most. And if someone asked me, I would have thought using more than a bicep piece and a forearm piece would be too much for an arm, but you pulled that off nicely for the wings!

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent