Trying to get back into bionicle culture?

Afgncaap

Alright, so i have been collecting heavily since 2001, at age 6, but during the phantoka years i stopped going around BZ power and other cool Bionicle websites.  Anyways with the new sets coming out in 2015 I've decided to become a more avid member of the culture here.  My big question is where to start?  this was the one real site i went to as a kid, and it seemed like the best place to start.  I would also like to mention that i never stopped following the story or collecting, just stopped talking about it with others, anyways any help on this would be great!

• Upvote 1

First off, you're aware that this new series of Bionicle has been rebooted, right?

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

As Chasm said, this rebooted line is a whole new story, unrelated to the original run. 

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking though. Looking for a place to get back into the community? Then you answered your own question by saying this place is the best to start at. Seriously, BZPower is the place to be. Trust me on that one. :)

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Firstly, welcome back! As for getting more involved in the community again, you could start with participating in the discussion here and in S&T, considering you kept up with the storyline. Or create something, draw fanart or write fanfiction! :) (seriously, GA needs more love :| ) Build MoCs! Post in the Official I'm new/back topic if you haven't already.

In case I misunderstood and you mean the 2015 story, I think the official bionicle website is a good place to start (especially the webisodes).

Edited by Fairy Paladin

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I've also been a fan since 2001, first came to this site in 2005, registered at the beginning of 2006, it's definitely a good place if you want to get back into the community.  I went on a hiatus for about 4 and a half years (came back every now and again), I've become more active again since Bionicle came back and there's things to talk about again.

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

Alright, so i have been collecting heavily since 2001, at age 6, but during the phantoka years i stopped going around BZ power and other cool Bionicle websites.  Anyways with the new sets coming out in 2015 I've decided to become a more avid member of the culture here.  My big question is where to start?  this was the one real site i went to as a kid, and it seemed like the best place to start.  I would also like to mention that i never stopped following the story or collecting, just stopped talking about it with others, anyways any help on this would be great!

You've already started. Just hang around BZPower and other fan sites, post your thoughts on new story updates, and share your models and art if you have any! :)

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I myself fell out for several years. I started with Tahu Mat. Sadly I had little to no money, so I ended up spending my money on videogames. Then I started again with the Glatorians. Sadly, the end of Bionicle was not far away. This time I'm sticking around.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I had the same problem too, not with Bionicle, but a different fandom. 

If you want to feel like contributing to the community to get back into the culture, I'm sure you could help out on BionicleSector01, the Bionicle equivalent of Wikipedia.Though it's much more higher in quality. Like you said you didn't stop following the story, so maybe you could help clean up some articles over there. You might need to learn some HTML wizardry for that, though.

Do you like to draw or write? Maybe you could create some fan-art or write set reviews or fanfiction.

Or, you could simply buy the sets, discuss and post on BZP. :D

Edited by Turaga of Justice

Stay here on BZPower, do what you are already doing, and go to BS01.

Here is one thing:

Here is another. This is a post of mine from a couple of months ago:

First of all, what is wrong with the revelations of the Mata Nui Bionicle Continuity? I thought they were awesome, and underneath all the info that came with the revelations is still a great mythology. The following is probably a Matoran's records of the events in Bionicle a few hundred years after the Battle of Bara Magna:

Long ago, in the time before time, the Great Beings created superpowered kings to rule in their place, but then a great war erupted. In hope to save Paradise, the Great Beings created a Great Spirit, one to study the many realms across the stars and eventually heal Paradise. The Great Spirit created Makuta and Warlord-Kings to rule and create in his place (like father like son). The warlord-kings rebelled, only to have the Makuta defeat them and they themselves rebelled in secrecy. After millenia these created-gods passed their own judgement upon their neglectful supreme creator and dethroned him via a spell of comatose slumber. A dark age and a process of godly ursurption began in the slumber's wake.

However, the stars foretold the return of 6 dutiful knights who would return their deity to power and awake him. Through many trials the knights proved themselves, and with the aid of other knights and the Great Spirit's agents of will, succeeded in both their mission, and the ursurption of their deity by the great malevolence the Makuta Supreme, sending him into exile to the war-torn remains of Paradise: his home. Becoming a knight himself the fallen lord regains his honor by aiding the people of Paradise against the Empire from the North and dueling a titanic duel with the great malevolence, the master of shadows and grand ursurper of the Great Spirit, the Makuta. With evil slain the mortalized god withdrew himself from being their diety and hero and became a symbolic watcher who will return when an evil as great as the fallen Makuta Supreme comes to the land and currently awaits the return of his creators.

Now tell me that does not sound like a mythological epic? Just fill in the details given to us about the revelations recieved. And as a reminder to those that continue to ignore this, Mata Nui's physical body being a gargantuan metallic titan with a universe in his body was planned even before Bionicle was adopted by Lego. {EDIT: Spoiler tags put in place.)

I hope that helps.  :)

Edited by Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...