Something I noticed on FB

Levico

The island of Okoto is a mystical place. Today it still reminds us of an ancient era in Bionicle history. Can you discover a sign from the old days in the current story trailer? Let us know what you discover and where to find it in the comments.

I found that on Bionicle's main Facebook page. It had one of the episodes embedded, and we all know it was referencing the Vahi. But I still found the opening lines interesting. Maybe it's a lot to pull from a Facebook post, but could it be hinting that the 01-13 story line is cannon history? All sorts of things could be pulled from that.

Lev
  • Upvote 1

It certainly is strange wording. "Ancient era" does seem to imply they are talking about "history" in-story (which would be thousands of years ago), as opposed to history out-of-story (which is only five). But I'm horribly biased, because I've already written a theory about G2 secretly being set far in the future of the G1 continuity. ;)

I guess for now, only time will tell...

• Upvote 4
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

It's possible that the Vahi is capable of more than slowing or speeding up time. Perhaps someone got their hands on it who was powerful enough to manipulate it as complexly as a skilled Toa might with a regular Great Kanohi, and they caused some kind of literal history reboot. Certain things may have remained intact to remind the inhabitants of the original timeline, but they would interpret that as ancient history since that's the first logical conclusion.

Or perhaps the Vahi DID speed up time really quickly somehow. That would be easier for most followers to understand anyway.

I don't think there is a lot for us to use to say what happened just yet.

• Upvote 3

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

You guys might be looking at the term "ancient" too literally.

Kids today probably think that NES and SNES games are "ancient". 2001 is ancient history if you're a kid.

Maybe it's a lot to pull from a Facebook post, but could it be hinting that the 01-13 story line is cannon history?

Why do people always spell it like that?  :burnmad:

• Upvote 2

The sign is obviously the Vahi hidden in nearly every video.

It could also be the Mask of Light hidden inside the Mask of Ultimate Power.

SO MANY CALLBACKS TO ORIGINAL BONKLES

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

The sign is obviously the Vahi hidden in nearly every video.

It could also be the Mask of Light hidden inside the Mask of Ultimate Power.

SO MANY CALLBACKS TO ORIGINAL BONKLES

YEAH.... I've heard that one. Don't see it. I think that might just be a case of everyone trying to find something from old bonkle that isn't there.

move along.

nothing to see here.

I thought it was pretty cool when I saw that - LEGO mentioning the Vahi Easter Eggs and acknowledging the past for the older fans on their official Facebook page. And really, that's all it is supposed to be.

Or is it? Now that I've read this topic I think I am starting to over-think things... It's strange wording, sure, but it's all figurative. 

Or maybe it is literal?

Thanks BZPers...

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

I think this supports the opposite, that it's just an easter egg. The presentation seems more like 'hey everyone, we've included a callback, can you find it?' than 'we're hinting at storyline details.'

But maybe I will be proved wrong in due time.

That's what I was thinking. Still, they could have used any other mask but they chose the Vahi, and there seems to be an emphasis on Time... so dunno.

Also, nice pun.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

To be honest, it doesn't really matter to me whether or not this is a soft or hard reboot. The Toa will always be the Toa. I'm sure that even if it is a soft reboot, LEGO would never actually tell us.

I keep thinking, if this is a soft reboot (it isn't), it could be set in the distant past, long before the Core War.

I don't find that to be very likely at all. If this is a continuation at all, it's gotta be in the far future. I just don't see that happening.

(I don't see either happening, coming to think of it.)

• Upvote 1

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

I wouldn't be too quick to trivialize the Vahi. Remember, G1 hid its biggest secret for eight years in plain sight, so I think it's very possible that G2 has its own deep secrets that we'll be able to look back and see.

I also find it interesting how the island is personified in the post. What if Okoto is more than just an island? What if it has some sort of consciousness (like the island from LOST), and it's trying to communicate to its inhabitants by making the Vahi appear? The Mask of Time isn't just there for us; it's there for the Masters and Protectors, but they don't understand its significance.

• Upvote 2

I also find it interesting how the island is personified in the post. What if Okoto is more than just an island? What if it has some sort of consciousness (like the island from LOST), and it's trying to communicate to its inhabitants by making the Vahi appear? The Mask of Time isn't just there for us; it's there for the Masters and Protectors, but they don't understand its significance.

That'd certainly be a very interesting twist. Would be a pretty fresh take on the island twist from G1.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Personally, I think that if G2 is connected to G1, Lego won't make a big deal of it. They might bring it up in one of the books, but the connection won't do anything to the main line. Lego wants the the new Bionicle to be easily accessible, so they wouldn't do anything that would force kids to know ten years of backstory in order to understand it.

• Upvote 2

It certainly is strange wording. "Ancient era" does seem to imply they are talking about "history" in-story (which would be thousands of years ago), as opposed to history out-of-story (which is only five). But I'm horribly biased, because I've already written a theory about G2 secretly being set far in the future of the G1 continuity. ;)

I guess for now, only time will tell...

The old stiryline was in the "time before time began" so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

But I would love it if gen2 linked to gen1 somehow...

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere but earlier today they posted saying:

You guys are true Bionicle experts! Of course it’s the Mask of Time that is hidden in the videos. It seems that it was almost too easy.

Keep your eyes open for new episodes on: www.lego.com/bionicle/

I wonder if they'll give us another "harder" one? :P

Edited by Adventurer
  • Upvote 1
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

This is pretty exciting. I'd like to see the two connected in some ways just to see what interesting twists or drives can be made out of it.

And I don't get why people say the Vahi can't control time. I don't know if it's been confirmed that it can't, but it doesn't make sense why a mask that can control time can't send a being through it. Or at least move time around them. I mean, isn't that similar to what Makuta was doing? Different, but it still involved one beings starting in one time period and ending up in another.

You guys are true Bionicle experts! Of course it’s the Mask of Time that is hidden in the videos. It seems that it was almost too easy.

Keep your eyes open for new episodes on: www.lego.com/bionicle/

I wonder if they'll give us another "harder" one? :P

Yeah, if they were hoping to have a Vahi easter egg in every episode, revealing it this early (despite most people already spotting it) seems a little weird. Maybe more easter eggs in the future!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I think that it was just a thing that Lego thought to include to get the old fans interested in the story

>Announcing the "easter egg hunt" months after fans already spotted it

>Refusing to call it the Vahi because little children apparently cannot comprehend that word

>Being deliberately vague about whether this means that it is a continuation or not

Great job, Lego.

• Upvote 1

idk man

I think that it was just a thing that Lego thought to include to get the old fans interested in the story

>Announcing the "easter egg hunt" months after fans already spotted it

>Refusing to call it the Vahi because little children apparently cannot comprehend that word

>Being deliberately vague about whether this means that it is a continuation or not

Great job, Lego.

- They underestimated how attentive BIONICLE fans are. The 4th episode has only just come out, proving it is an intended easter egg

- Refusing to call it the Vahi because the masks of power are no longer called kanohi. Mask of Time means far more to a new fan then Vahi.

- Having previously said that this wasn't a continuation, you expect them to recant that and now say it's not a reboot?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

At this point I'm fairly certain they're going somewhere with the Vahi. Including it as an easter egg in so many videos just makes no sense otherwise; if it were just a fun reference, there would be easter eggs referencing other classic things in Bionicle G1.

Now, do I think this means Bionicle G1 is connected to G2? No. I think they're going to just have the mask of time appear in G2 some time in the future. These easter eggs are foreshadowing, somewhat like the Bohrok foreshadowing in 2001.

Edited by Latrodectus

Well the Vahi did have limited time distorting properties. It was just not on a level we wanted. Anyway the "Mask of time" may have a different effect come Gen2 should it reveal itself. Though they wont be able to use the original Vahi because of the way these masks connect to the villagers and Toa this rotation. While it is possible to keep the mask's overall design they will have to mod it some so it could fit onto the new heads.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png