TOK Power?

I'm guessing omnilock locks everything.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Please don't ask Greg. Why do people care so much about what he says? You know for a fact if someone asks him he'll just go off for a while, read some wikis, make something up and come tell us 'now it's canon'. And that'll be on the idiot who asked him. Let's just keep making ridiculous suggestions and have the TOK be the ONE piece of non-canon Bionicle lore we have. It can be a symbol for non-canon within Bionicle. We need to form a group :P

• Upvote 7

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Please don't ask Greg. Why do people care so much about what he says? You know for a fact if someone asks him he'll just go off for a while, read some wikis, make something up and come tell us 'now it's canon'. And that'll be on the idiot who asked him. Let's just keep making ridiculous suggestions and have the TOK be the ONE piece of non-canon Bionicle lore we have. It can be a symbol for non-canon within Bionicle. We need to form a group :P

Brb, gonna go ask him.

• Upvote 5

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I sorta-kinda classify Bionicle into two canonicities, the "that happened" canon and the "Greg says it happened" canon. I like knowing more about the world around the characters, but I can always ignore those parts of canon that had no impact on the plot. If you don't like learning new things, fine, but I and a good chunk of others around here do. 

That said, a power for the TOK is completely unnecessary, but could provide a little background info that might be useful for a new Rahkshi.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Alright, submitted my question...Pending approval. (I accidentally submitted it twice lol) 

Hopefully Greg gives it a power.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

This topic will probably give me Ebola, just throwing that out there. Seriously, folks? It has literally zero impact on the story.

In fact, it takes away something. We never learned what the full extent of the Makuta's abilities were; heck, it's even called "42+" Kraata powers for a reason. Trying to find an answer is just taking away from the mystery.

I sorta-kinda classify Bionicle into two canonicities, the "that happened" canon and the "Greg says it happened" canon. I like knowing more about the world around the characters, but I can always ignore those parts of canon that had no impact on the plot. If you don't like learning new things, fine, but I and a good chunk of others around here do.

Good rule of thumb:

Book Canon

SUPERSEDES

Movie Canon

SUPERSEDES

Web Serials/Web Animations

SUPERSEDES

Word of Greg (During G1)

SUPERSEDES

Word of Greg (Post-G1)

SUPERSEDES

Anything I Forgot To List

SUPERSEDES

Product Information/Commercials

Not all cannons fire the same shots, and not all canons are equal.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• Upvote 5

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

It would be cool if the trans orange Kraata turned out to be a one-of-a-kind modified Kraata to serve as a Makuta's pet. 

I bet it was Vamprah's. He's always so lonely, I bet he kept so he could have a friend to talk to. 

bZpOwEr

I know! It's what Kraata-Kal looks like underneath all that armor! :D Problem solved.

That would actually make sense. 

Now I want this to be canon. Hopefully Greg will allow this. 

*braces for onslaught of anti-canonization posts*

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Good rule of thumb:

Book Canon

SUPERSEDES

Movie Canon

SUPERSEDES

Web Serials/Web Animations

SUPERSEDES

Word of Greg (During G1)

SUPERSEDES

Word of Greg (Post-G1)

SUPERSEDES

Anything I Forgot To List

SUPERSEDES

Product Information/Commercials

Not all cannons fire the same shots, and not all canons are equal.

Actually, movies are more canon than the books, except when they directly contradict the set portrayals. 

Or you just could view the whole WoS movie as non-canon, and save yourself a headache. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

Actually, movies are more canon than the books, except when they directly contradict the set portrayals. 

Or you just could view the whole WoS The Legend Reborn movie as non-canon, and save yourself a headache. 

FTFY. At least Web of Shadows looked Bionicle. :\

See, I was actually wondering about that. I know it's the case in stuff like Star Wars, but that's a series where film was the original medium. In Bionicle, the books are basically the primary mode of story information, at least with regards to the "protagonists" of that year. They're also relatively stand-alone, in contrast to everything else.

• Upvote 1

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

FTFY. At least Web of Shadows looked Bionicle. :\

Actually, TLR has less canon conflicts. The WoS movie flat-out contradicts the WoS novelization at several points, and showed Rahaga with propellers and headlights which were non-canon because they didn't add up with the sets. Since the WoS novelization told a better story than the movie that really made more sense with everything else, I just go the easy route and kick that film to the curb in terms of canon. Easier on the brain.

TLR's biggest problem is the simplified artistic license at the beginning, which can be explained away. The Tuma fight is improbable, but still possible, so I'm inclined to give it more of a pass. Big warriors can have off days. The biggest problem may be that I've never read the TLR novelization (or Raid on Vulcanus, that's one of the last holes in my BioniKnowledge I need to patch up. :)). At least the movie didn't contradict the sets, so points scored there. 

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of that being Kraata-Kal without all the fancy armour he/she/it/other gender pronoun wears

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I like the idea of that being Kraata-Kal without all the fancy armour he/she/it/other gender pronoun wears

I think the person who created Kraata-Kal for the Dark Hunter contest made it a "he", kinda like the substance gave it enough intelligence to recognize it as a him. I could be wrong though, and don't stone me if I'm mistaken, but for the time being I'll call Kraata-Kal a him haha :P Anyways I'll stick with this theory for the time being, having the TOK being the Kraata-Kal adds him to canon without having a major mess ensuing. :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Brb, gonna go ask him.

:P  :P  :P

On the contrary, let's canonize the shoes too! :ahhh:

(yes I'm joking)

Can't you just imagine a Rahkshi running through the landscape of Mata Nui, wearing Nike shoes??? :P

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.