Diskussion und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

So let me see if I understand this correctly. The player posts and then a GM(Tiragath) posts the results of those actions. Like a cause and effect. or is it only plot related content like what is going on with this Metal Gear?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Only plot-related content requires GM input. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Wow... if even the GM doesn't know then maybe it is a free-for-all.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Name: Akuavo

Species: Matoran of Kinetics

Powers/Gear: Akuavo has an EDD sewn into a bracelet which is covered in simple metal tracings. The EDD enables her to store kinetic energy in objects, but not remove it. She also has a machete with a darkened, gunmetal-coloured blade, and a small disk launcher. She wears a powerless Mask of Psychometry.

Appearance: About average height, Akuavo appears intensely delicate, the hard lines of her face-which are emulated by her Kanohi- giving her a strange, alien beauty. Her armour is this colour all over with a few bits of silver here and there.

Personality: Utilitarian, Akuavo is highly intelligent. She has an uncanny knack for analysing situations quickly and accurately, although these hurried judgements can lead her into trouble, causing many people to perceive her as being very headstrong. Akuavo, although generally adverse to violence, is no stranger to it. Akuavo can sometimes be a bit pushy as well, and speaks in a weird, archaic dialect.

Bio: Grew up in Seize, was given her exosuit as a birthday present, lost a lot of her family in a skirmish with Vingt, struck out on her own as a mercenary with morals.

Armour: Promé

Armour name: Promé

Armour type: Exosuit

Armour appearance: Promé is sleek and elegant, covered in soft, refined surfaces that reflect minimal light from the navy blue metal. The exosuit stands slightly taller than most, and the tinted ballistic glass fits perfectly into place with the rest of the armour, fitting together with it to form a near-seamless expanse.

Crew: Akuavo

Loadout: An EL cannon which fires bursts of kinetic energy (Think Iron Man's repulsors) and an elegant, falchion-shaped sword stored on the back when not in use.

Kanohi: Hau

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

Name: Ketae

Species: Fa-Matoran

Powers/Gear: A muzzle loaded rifle and a powerless Miru on his face. He also carries a large bag of ammunition and other sentimental items in the other pouches. On his wrist is a smart tablet.

Appearance: Ketae is about average size, standing proud and clean. His Miru makes him look like he always has a smile. He is predominantly gunmetal grey, with a black mask, hands, and feet. His bag is on his back, and has yellow patterns on it, to make it easily findable if lost.

Personality: Proud and chivalrous, always on a mission to be a hero. He is very practical, and treats his mech like part of himself.

Bio: Found nothing else to do in his homeland, and so he became an adventurer, becoming the living rendition of his dream.

Armour: Vehiculum

Armour name: Vehiculum

Armour type: Exosuit

Armour appearance: Vehiculum is average sized, with spiky armour all around his arms. One of his hands ends in a claw, and the other ends in a large disc launcher, which is belt fed. It is a dark green in color.

Crew: Ketae

Loadout: A large belt fed disc launcher on his right arm, and a claw on his left. On it's shoulder is a elemental cannon that fires magnetic blasts, which magnetise all of the enemy parts in the tank, essentially stunning it briefly, as the parts are attracted to each other.

Kanohi: Pakari

Edited by Sharkydane

Still, how does the bulky hands of an exo load a tiny rifle?

Also, a shoulder-mounted rifle is pretty much the single most impractical weapon. Ever. Of all time.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So would this bee considered too much for one of the Mechs here? Either for Doseki or a second character once I figure all this out...

Mech.jpg

I found it online when Bing-searching "Heavy Armored Mech"

Onua.png

We've got exo-suits here, not mechs. They're only skakdi-sized.

Plus, I don't think any of that weaponry exist in this game. 

really? Seems strange since Tiragath posted this...

The exo-suits are approximately skakdi sized, save for a few exceptions. They have an enclosed cockpit in most cases, and some quick googling gave me these images to share.

http://s270.photobucket.com/user/Kuchinawa212/media/1273367135422.jpg.html
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fear/images/e/e2/Exis_pa.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130226211335

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/9/97/Delphis_Mk_II_'Prensio'_Lifter_Armour.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130313021024]

Older exo-suits are more like wearable forklifts than mecha, as they originally were used for industry.

The last two look very much Mech design.... Not to mention the Metal Gear Rex reference regarding that thing one of the teams found and is looting... metal-gear-rex-kotobukiya-photo-04-150x1

So thought I would ask to see.

Onua.png

Dragon is one of the special Loot rewards for exploring the ruins.

It's a giant robot T-Rex, so the normal exo rules don't apply. 

Tiragath, I made a post that controls a rahkshi of chain lightning and I was wondering, are players allowed to control NPCs? If not, I'll just simply edit my post.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I don't mind. Just keep in mind that rahkshi are pack hunters when feral. A single one wouldn't lunge out without support or a plan. Perhaps a feint for instance. I'll play as the Darkness and Hunger rahkshi.

In ther situations, same stipulations apply. Play NPCS realistically and in character and you're good to go. If things get too easy expect kaiju to show up.

...but close to it

If things get too easy expect kaiju to show up.

Is that a player or are we talking a Godzilla Mech/Exo?

So in regards to that pic I posted. Is that an official denial from a GM? Even without the rocket-pod shoulder things? I guess I could suggest something like this instead:

Nuthin_But_Mech_Elliot_Lilly_01.jpg

I guess this is an actual suit and not an overly large Mech.

Or maybe something along the lines of: http://andersonvision.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/PLANETSIDEMAX2header.jpg

Onua.png

So would this bee considered too much for one of the Mechs here? Either for Doseki or a second character once I figure all this out...

Mech.jpg

I found it online when Bing-searching "Heavy Armored Mech"

I think the closest thing to this that actually got approved for imediate player use were the rotating, miniaturised Gatling Blasters and Flamethrowers on The Dreadnought (which, on the MOC I did of it, were represented by the CCBS flame pieces and the new peg launchers for the 2015 sets).

And the Kaiju aren't mechs; they're creatures.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Wait... So There are Giant creatures(Rahi?) out there in this RP? How big are they?

Onua.png

No, we weren't.

There were the giant elemental serpents that one of the expeditions at Burial, and the Void Lizard that attacked that same group's camp earlier on. It's been implied that the lizard wasn't the only one of its kind, and we know the serpents report to some kind of bigger, more intelligent creature.

I'm sure even more Kaiju will be revealed in time. 

Edited by Locus

Only Tiragath can accurately answer that question, but from what I could tell, they were bigger than Cor, and she's a Vortixx.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The Void Lizard was bigger than Cor, yeah.

But the Burial Serpents were full-on sea monsters. Absolutely huge. 

The sea serpents at Burial were 30~ bio in length.

As for the images you posted Prowl, the first two aren't too far out of line with the type of suit you would see in game, with two main differences. A) Weaponry that large/advanced is not present. Big guns consist of elemental weapons or good old gunpowder-equivalent cannons. Breach loading and/or automatic weaponry does not exist in 99% of cases and B) They are all quite sleek and streamlined in appearance, things here are going to be clunkier and more 1950s sci-fi looking.

...but close to it

And of course, there's the issue of anything with big guns requiring a Pakari to function properly. 

• Upvote 2

For those too lazy for conversions, that's about 40 meters or 120 feet.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

To put it another way: they could eat a T-Rex (roughly 12 metres tall) for breakfast. 

The sea serpents at Burial were 30~ bio in length.

As for the images you posted Prowl, the first two aren't too far out of line with the type of suit you would see in game, with two main differences. A) Weaponry that large/advanced is not present. Big guns consist of elemental weapons or good old gunpowder-equivalent cannons. Breach loading and/or automatic weaponry does not exist in 99% of cases and B) They are all quite sleek and streamlined in appearance, things here are going to be clunkier and more 1950s sci-fi looking.

Could you dumb that down for me? What is a breach loading weapon? Are you talking about the missile pod looking things over the shoulder or the gatling gun arms? Did a Bing and did not find much in regards to 1950's Sci-fi. I did find this though:

344fb9c3fe934f0c2ec5f9ac87c58c86.jpg

Is this more to your vision?

Onua.png

There are no gattling guns, missile launchers, etc in this game. 

And why are you asking what Tir's vision is? You quoted a post where he provided links to his ideas of what exo's look like.

The exo-suits are approximately skakdi sized, save for a few exceptions. They have an enclosed cockpit in most cases, and some quick googling gave me these images to share.

http://s270.photobucket.com/user/Kuchinawa212/media/1273367135422.jpg.html
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fear/images/e/e2/Exis_pa.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130226211335

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/9/97/Delphis_Mk_II_'Prensio'_Lifter_Armour.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130313021024]

Older exo-suits are more like wearable forklifts than mecha, as they originally were used for industry.

Basically, imagine these with just normal hands/basic tools/pincers instead of giant guns, and that's what the exosuits in this RPG are like. They're not walking tanks; they're just robot suits that the Matoran can sit inside. 

Yes. Breach loading refers to loading ammunition through or near the back of the barrel, via a breach in the barrel. Examples would be anything that uses a magazine. Most guns here are muzzle loaded, ie ; muskets. The exception being a couple semiautomatic rifles found in a ruin and the big cannons found on tanks, which are loaded from inside the tank.

The missile launcher pods and miniguns wouldn't fit with the tech level. Your latest example is pretty close in design to one of the exo's already in the game and my original visualizations, but again, the belt fed minigun type thing is a nope.

EDIT

Ninja'd

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

The Ninja King has struck again! :evilgrin: :evilmad: :evilbiggrin: 

Ah ok, I think I am getting the idea better. So weapon wise we are in the 1500s where one cannot load a firearm via a port on the weapon but poor a mix of blasting powder and a round into the front of the barrel. Like what the pioneers had when America was first discovered. Only they are on large Exosuits. Kind of weird how they can have tanks with blasting rounds, elemental cannons and machine armor suits, but their basic firearms are not up to par? Seems someone dropped the ball in the tech advancement area somewhere, lol :P.

In other news, I need more meatshields for Akuavo; any takers?

See I would, but I've already started posting where the Rahkshi are attacking some group. So Unless you are there, don't think I could help.

PS love your avatar.

Onua.png