Diskussion und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

Name: Thak

Species: Fe-Skakdi

Appearance: large and burly, strongly muscled gunmetal armor covers his body, ending in an ever present grin on his face, and glowing orange eyes.

Gear/powers: elemental iron powers in conjunction with other Skakdi. Big Bertha, an EL cannon Thak got custom made to channel his own powers. Must be used with two hands. Two knuckle dusters with protosteel studs to maximize impact. Thermal vision.

Personality: Greedy, always ready for a fight. A heavy drinker.

Bio: Born on the streets of Seize, Thak knows his way around a scrap. Took odd jobs before hitching on with his partner, and became a self proclaimed treasure hunter.

Armor: The Pig

Category: LRV

Appearance: a rough and tumble light vehicle with four wheels, able to go where light armor can't, in half the time.

Load out: wide grille bar for smashing into things, horn, rear mount for Big Bertha.

Kanohi: Kualsi

Crew: up to three, driver, passenger, and rear rider. Only requires driver to function.

Name: Zarx

Species: Vortixx

Powers/Gear: Two small muzzle loaded pistols, a large duffel bag with a stash of Nui Cola and ammo, and a katana.

Appearance: Light green with white accents, and a white face. She is a regular size for a Vortixx, and wears a buff around her face, to protect her from the weather and protects her identity.

Personality: Daring, determined and occasionally absolutely crazy, Zarx is pretty loud for a Vortixx. She hates all of the military, and her partner will sometimes have to hold her back if they get caught by them. She likes Nui Cola, way too much.

Bio: After being apprehended multiple times for theft, Zarx eventually left for the wild, deciding to become a treasure hunter. She soon met up with Thak, and the two decided to work together.

Armor: The Pig

Edited by Sharkydane

Speaking of Oblitus, I think it's time he got his team back together and headed for Ascension. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So are applications still being accepted for this? Thought I may bring Doseki over here for some Cromehounds style fun.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Name: Hisuti

Species: Ga-Matoran

Powers/Gear:

-As a matoran of water, her innate elemental powers give Hisuti an increased lung capacity and skills at swimming.

-Her favorite weapons of choice are small daggers. The blade is diamond shaped and there is a crossbar that has been welded to the hilt, which is wrapped in white cloth. Instead of a flat pommel, there is a ring on the end so she can twirl it around on her fingers.

-The Akaku scope that is part of the Ga-Matoran's mask allows for telescopic vision. However, she plans to upgrade it so it can use thermal and X-ray vision.

-Like all soldiers, she is equipped with an EDD, allowing her to control limited water powers.

Appearance: Hisuti's color scheme consists of royal blue and teal. The Ga-Matoran's feet, hands and kanohi are colored blue while the rest of her body is teal, save for her joints, which are covered with silver Protodermis guards. The matoran of water wears a powerless great Pakari with the forehead extended over the top of her head and a teal Akaku scope has been attached to the kanohi. When not in use, it sits above the eyeholes of the Pakari. She also wears her EDD as a choker wrapped around her neck. Her left and right thighs have holsters strapped to them to hold her weapons. According to her profile in the database of the army, she is 110cm tall.

Personality: Before she was conscripted, Hisuti behaved like most Ga-matoran, who are kind and softhearted. Her personality changed so she now appears to be cold as the oceans surrounding Mata Nui and tough as Protodermis due to a training program designed specifically to kill the emotions of a Ga-matoran. However, Hisuti also developed a fear of Seize and will go to extreme measures to avoid capture.

Bio: Prior to to being forced to move to Seize, Hisuti resided in Ga-Koro. When the government decide to introduce conscription to strengthen its military forces, she was trained on how to fight with and without the Exo-Suit. Training was particular strict, disciplined and sometimes harsh, as the Ga-Matoran detested combat so they were forced to go through a training program designed to kill any emotions considered to interfere with combat. Hisuti couldn't cope and broke out of the barracks one night. Since then, she has become a fugitive, constantly evading the light armored tanks and fikous deployed by Seize.

Armor Name: #71129

Category: Exosuit

Armor Appearance: The exosuit is 1.6 bio tall, a height comparable to the average skakdi. It appears to be a modified exo-toa as its overall build is the same as a normal one, but there is armor plating on the knees and shins and its feet appear to be a hybrid of the boxor's and exo-toa's. The torso design remains the same and the head of the exo-toa has been cut off and replaced with a windscreen that covers the user's head. In the back of the machine, a kanohi Kakama is locked inside a compartment to serve as the battery that powers the exosuit. On the back of the machine, just above the power compartment is a Protodermis shield with the unit number painted in black.

Crew: Hisuti (Pilot)

Loadout: The right hand is equipped with a pincer for grasping, along with a small hose nozzle underneath the pincer for spraying opponents with water. The left hand has a greypowder cannon.

Kanohi: Kakama - Allows a burst of acceleration and speed

I'll have a second character coming soon. He'll be a matoran of earth and willing to take whatever role is required if anyone has any room in their crews.

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Xairez - Vingt

I unfortunately was knocking over, firing 2 volleys of sharpened discs at the enemy, as I fell.

How does he manage to fire two entire volleys of disks in the time it takes for him to fall over? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

There is no way you can fire a volley of discs, or a multitude of them for that matter, in the small timeframes that your and Nato's fight had to have been taking place in.

@Liuth, you're incorrect about the name. It's composed of gratuitous german for the same reason the nations are french numbers or the Nomansland locales are in german; it sounds cool.

Your PC is approved btw, just keep in mind that knowledge about Toa is on the down low IC, as none have been seen for many, many years because of plot.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

There is no way you can fire a volley of discs, or a multitude of them for that matter, in the small timeframes that your and Nato's fight had to have been taking place in.

Since he's continued the fight without editing that post, I'm just going to ignore the disks. 

Tim, Norik and Nato are slow.

I'm pretty sure Nato's character has clearly expressed that she really doesn't care where they go, since she's pretty certain they're all completely and utterly screwed no matter what happens. 

So, I read the first posts for each of the associated topics for this RP and I noticed that the first post in the actually RP is cutoff around the part where it starts to talk about the actual armor suit type deals so figured I may as well ask here to see. What are these Armor tank type deals? Are we talking strictly Exo-Toa style or more long the lines of Maybe Gundam or Cromehounds in that the cockpit is sealed and the pilots are not necessarily exposed. I wanted to see if I could get away with this:
27124185d1256948325-rippersnapper-187-wi
Or similar for my character's tank type deal. I know it doesn't have treads but...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Armor

The island of Mata-Nui measures 357 kio from west to east and 178 kio from north to south, long distance travel on foot is impractical. Large rahi that once served as mounts have gone extinct, become wild or are bred solely as food sources. Most travel is done with Armor, colloquially referred to as tanks or exosuits. Three category of Armor exist; tread based, leg based and single user exoskeletal Armor.

Smaller vehicles are powered entirely by Great or Noble Kanohi, matoran and skakdi are unable to harness their powers directly, but when used as a battery of sorts, their powers can manifest at a weak level in the vehicle they are powering. Larger vehicles rely on both a Kanohi and either a conventional battery or liquid fuel processed from tar pits or sands.

§  Exosuits

§  Single-User

§  Average of 1.6 Bio tall, stature comparable to a Skakdi

Similar to the Boxers or Exo-Toa of the past, these suits are designed for a single matoran to use. The pilot seated in the torso/head of the vehicle with the Kanohi serving as a face/head protection as well as battery. Most are designed for industrial usage or travel through rough terrain and therefor lack conventional weapons, though the strength, speed and low level Kanohi powers can make them dangerous.

Exosuits are equipped with either simple grasping mechanisms or industrial tools like drills, saws, welding torches or piledrivers as hands.

§  Light Armor

§  Multiple-User (Gunner/Loader, Driver/Navigator, shared Radio operation duties)

§  Average length of 7 bio, width of 2.5 bio and height of 2.5 bio

An Armor variant designed for rapid movement, primarily employed in the reconnaissance role, or in support of expeditionary forces where the larger battle armor cannot be made available. Early light armor was little more than armored carts, the wheels eventually replaced with armored treads to brave rough terrain and survive fire from increasing powerful weaponry.

Light Armor, as the name implies, lacks heavy armor to withstand direct hits from high power weaponry. They are designed for defense through mobility, stealth and adaptability. Typically powered by a Kadin or Miru, they can achieve limited flight with their use, allowing them to cross deep rivers or small ravines that would otherwise necessitate the use of field engineers to cross.

Standard weaponry is a greypowder cannon, fixed to the swiveling top section of the vehicle, unlike handheld graypowder weaponry it's ammunition does not require packing, the gunner/loader position merely places a pre-made greypowder shell into the loading port and manually triggers the firing mechanism. Additional weapons can be added but do not come standard because of weight issues.

§  Medium Armor

§  Multiple-User (Gunner/Loader, Driver, Radio Operator/Navigator)

§  Average length of 9 bio, width of 3.5 bio and height of 3-4 bio

Medium Armor, as the name suggests, represents a compromise between the reconnaissance and mobility oriented light armor and the armor and armament oriented heavy armor. They are the most widely produced and cost effective armor class, comprising the bulk of both Seize and Vingt's armor divisions.

Equipped with a Kanohi and petrol engine or electric battery, medium armor has the necessary power to carry heavier armor and weaponry than light armor while retaining enough speed to be useful in the field. Their armor can withstand several direct hits from light armor weaponry and from one to three hits from heavy armor weaponry, depending on angle of impact, distance and location. If powered by a Kadin or Miru they can achieve short "jumps" of up to ten bio with a ramp and enough room for acceleration. They are more commonly equipped with a Hau or Kaukau to provide additional protection or allow for the crossing of deeper bodies of water.

Standard weaponry is a larger version of a grey powder cannon found on light armor. Additional weapons include either a heavy disk launcher affixed to the navigator's port or a co-axial elemental gun affixed to the main cannon, that can fire concentrated elemental blasts when manned by a matoran with an Edd.

§  Heavy Armor

§  Multiple-User (Gunner, Loader, Driver, Radio Operator/Navigator)

§  Average length of 12 bio, width of 4.5 bio and height of 4-5 bio

The heaviest and largest class of armor, providing increased firepower and defense at the cost of mobility, maneuverability and, particularly, expense. During past open wars heavy armor was designed to break through enemy lines and fortifications, in practice they have seen more use in a defensive role. Usually remaining stationed in the capital or smaller cities as a short-range mobile anti-armor weapon. Very few seen field use.

Equipped with a Kanohi and petrol engine for movement, their electric batteries are devoted to increased radio range and firepower. The few heavy armor that is used in the field is often used as mobile bases for the long range radio. Traveling several bio behind the light armor scouts while still maintaining some distance ahead of the foot soldiers and bulk of the forces. An officer can use the radio to relay messages from the scouts back to the main force. They cannot achieve any flight when equipped with a Miru or Kadin, the extra shielding provided by a Hau is unnecessary, so Heavy Armor sees a wide variety of masks with more subtle effects.

Standard weaponry is a large electromagnetic coil gun, powered by huge batteries kept onboard. It fires the same shells as light armor at much higher speeds, giving it increased range, penetration and accuracy. Heavy disk launchers are affixed to both the navigator's port and co-axially to the main gun. Elemental weaponry can be substituted for the co-axial disk launcher.

§  Fikou

§  Multiple-User (Gunner/Loader, Driver/Navigator, shared Radio operation duties)

§  Average length of 5-6 bio, width of 2.5 bio. Chassis is held 1.5 bio above the ground with legs in a default position

The Fikou class of armor was designed in Treize, they are composed of a light armor chassis fitted with six legs instead of treads, allowing for far more mobility than light armor at the cost of a slight reduction in speed, increased chance of complications and the fact that the legs are a prime target for enemies. Because of these issues they are typically only deployed for scouting missions where the terrain will be too difficult for even Kadin equipped light armor. Weaponry and power systems are identical to light armor.

Player Armor

What people really want to know about! The way Armor works is that each player piece must be approved, similar to a character. You'll need a short description of it's appearance, any custom weapons or tech, it's category and whatever Kanohi it may have. Unlike the masks given to PC matoran, these are powered.

Armor Name:

Category:

Armor Appearance:

Crew:

Loadout:

Kanohi:

Armor Name:

Because any cool vehicle needs a name.

Category:

Exo-suit, light, medium, heavy or Fikou.

Armor Appearance:

For lack of artistic skills, I haven't drawn the Armor or described them too much. Just think WW2 era aesthetics, heck, a picture of a real life tank is fine by me.

Crew:

Who are the PCs that man the Armor? This can be worked out IC or OOC in the discussion thread.

Loadout:

Refer to section 2.2 for basic loadouts, any custom or additional weapons need detailed descriptions.

Kanohi:

Here is the list of kanohi to pick from and their effects, some are passive and others are active. For simplicities sake, assume you press a big red button to activate the on/off type effects. As for the magnitude of effects, just play it fair, alright? Using a Hau to block one direct hit from a heavy coilgun is fine. Four simultaneous hits isn't.

Passive

Kaukau - Produces a watertight barrier

Pakari - Increased horsepower

Rau - Increased effective radio range

Calix - Increases Luck

Suletu - Crew gains telepathic links

Sanok - Secondary weapons are more accurate

Garai - Reduced gravity inside the hull

Huna - Camouflages armor based on surroundings

Volitak - Reduces noise and heat signatures

Active

Hau - Provides a temporary energy shield

Miru - Allows limited omnidirectional hovering with light armor

Kakama - Allows a burst of acceleration and speed

Akaku - Provides temporary x-ray and thermal imaging for the gunner

Ruru - Provides temporary night vision for the gunner

Mahiki - Allows limited range holographic projections

Kadin - Allows limited forward flight for light and medium armor

Arthron - Provides temporary sonar systems

Elda- Counters the Huna and Volitak

So, I read the first posts for each of the associated topics for this RP and I noticed that the first post in the actually RP is cutoff around the part where it starts to talk about the actual armor suit type deals so figured I may as well ask here to see. What are these Armor tank type deals? Are we talking strictly Exo-Toa style or more long the lines of Maybe Gundam or Cromehounds in that the cockpit is sealed and the pilots are not necessarily exposed. I wanted to see if I could get away with this:

Or similar for my character's tank type deal. I know it doesn't have treads but...

The exo-suits are approximately skakdi sized, save for a few exceptions. They have an enclosed cockpit in most cases, and some quick googling gave me these images to share.

http://s270.photobucket.com/user/Kuchinawa212/media/1273367135422.jpg.html

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fear/images/e/e2/Exis_pa.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130226211335

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/9/97/Delphis_Mk_II_%27Prensio%27_Lifter_Armour.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130313021024

Older exo-suits are more like wearable forklifts than mecha, as they originally were used for industry.

The light/medium/heavy armor are tanks, quite literally. They look like WW2 era tanks, hence the Panzer in the name. No ifs ands or buts about this. You only get tanks with treads.

The closest thing to your example would be the fikou, they are light armor with legs, kind of like spider tanks. Examples would be;

http://www.gmod-fan.ru/uploads/posts/2012-10/1350644568_132874_1.jpg

http://homepage1.nifty.com/sasapon/img/lego_09/sec6t_02b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8096/8552895769_af3ac79cde.jpg

...but close to it

Tim, Norik and Nato are slow.

Tim is only slow because he's currently engaging in conversation with one of Tiragath's NPCs, whose turn it is to continue said conversation, by the way.

As for Kain's opinion on where to go, nobody's asked him about it yet.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The light/medium/heavy armor are tanks, quite literally. They look like WW2 era tanks, hence the Panzer in the name. No ifs ands or buts about this. You only get tanks with treads.

He could replace the legs with treads? Kinda in the way like Halo Scorpion's treads.

And that tail though.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

He could replace the legs with treads? Kinda in the way like Halo Scorpion's treads.

And that tail though.

What they said...Hey, what's wrong with the tail?

EDIT: Oh Halo!! Prowl wants a warthog, Prowl wants a Warthog!!

640px-Forza_4_Warthog.png

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

And that tail though.

What they said...Hey, what's wrong with the tail?

I'm not sure that a tank should have a tail. But then again, that's not really a tank. Yet.

Well there's the Relentless, our currently oldest working Heavy Armor, piloted by my own character Tor, Dane's Kulk, and norik's Vax.

As for the warthog, well my newest character Thak owns it. The Pig. I'd link you, but I'm on mobile and that's a mess I don't want to get into right now.