Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC Kat:

Stomping through the snow, I responded, "Way ahead of ya."

I moved past the line of tanks, scanning the area for any signs of danger.

"Got any of those sensory masks?" I asked.

I'd seen mechs equipped with the things whip around and blow away enemies who'd been sneaking up on them.

The snowstorm was picking up, we'd have to move quickly.

IC: Lufon Vance - Ihu Highway. 

"We have an Elda. If anyone tries sneaking up on us with a Volitak or Huna we should be able to see them. But visibility's pretty low out here; we'd be lucky to see anything at all." I was kind of wishing I'd equipped the Inferno with a mask of Sonar instead. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Golutaka's efforts had taken him to the northern docks, where he had finally found the sizeable Skakdi that ran Neuf. He had made sure the insignia that marked him out as a crewman in the city-state's tank crews was nice and visible (and straight) on his chest before stepping up to Grunbeld and tapping him on the hip (he couldn't reach any higher..."

"Sir, might I have a moment of your time."

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Derkahn (Neuf)

Ah, Neuf, the hideout of the cowards and the icon of pragmatic design. I've been here once before, maybe two or three weeks ago, so I'm not to familiar with the place. But I still know where the best tavern is of course. When we arrive at a familiar intersection, I ask the Commander "Will you two go get some provisions and oil from the market while I go get some booze from a nearby tavern?" and gesture towards the street that leads to it.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

GM

Sonia's warm smile was back, put on as easily as a mask.

"Good," she brought out three pairs of handcuffs. "You'll all be cuffed, for safety of course. We'll be traveling to our northern military base immediately, I'll give you a mission briefing on the way there.

~time passes~

The small truck rumbles along the mountain road, Cor Saeva and Zekev take up much of the backseat, Kain is squashed in between them. Sonia leans in from the front, holding a smart tablet with a map. It is the one that had been shown to Shard during his briefing. It showed codenames Ascension, Burial and Circadian.

"Your first mission is going to be accompanying the expeditionary forces to Burial. It is a castle ruin in southern Ertrunken. As you may know, that area is a highly toxic bay. Filled with ancient coral reefs. Landbridges exist during low tide, this is when you'll be crossing. Your armors have been fitted with some watertight sealing. The mission leader, Sgt Logan has a small cache of spare Kaukau masks to use if water has to be crossed."

Outside, the scenery changed from bustling town to outskirts to wilderness. Between Treize and the Northern Observatory was a thick pine forest. "We'll be there shortly, any questions?"

Kat's suppressive fire revealed little. The pair of Fikou had double timed it to meet up with Seize's larger force. Their exo-suit tail was waiting until they reached the urban sprawl of Motara to make their move.

After a short while had passed, Silat's voice came over Legion and the Vengeful Inferno's radio.

"Report?"

As luck would have it, Derkahn's choice of tavern was the perfect place to stumble across information. It was a dimly lit affair, having a certain higher dimensional quality to it, as the dark and brooding patrons all seemed to have their own corner to sit darkly and brood in, all thirteen of them.

The bartender was a scraggly looking Vortixx, short and grey in his advanced age.

"Aye. What'll you be having?"

Grunbeld turned to face the matoran, his distracted face briefly flashing a friendly smile. At least, as friendly as he could manage.

"Ah, Golutaka!" Just the kind of man I'll be needing for this... "I've always got time for my men. What can I do for you?"

...but close to it

IC: Kain - Forest (Truck)

"Yeah. Are we there yet? I can't breathe," the Ta-Matoran said, barel visible between his two companions.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Cor Saeva - Backseat.

"Yeah, I've got one," I spoke up, "When do I get my weapons back?" 

"Nothing yet," I reported, "We'll double-back and do a sweep behind the convoy as well in case those Fikou are trying to outflank us." They'd vanished too quickly, using the terrain to their advantage. It would make sense for them to try to attack us from behind. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zekev - Truck

"Also, did you touch my Ash Hound without my permission? If there's a scratch on her... Not that there isn't already a thousand scratches, dents and burns on her already."

IC: Horic - Neuf road

"Right. Say, know where Erixel is?"

OOC: Who plays Erixel?

IC: Mokeron - Vengeful Inferno

Mokeron confirmed on his map that they were able to do such a manoeuvre.

Edited by Tenth Norik
  • Upvote 1

"Maybe..." I wasn't sure. This whole situation felt like a trap, and I couldn't help but feel that no matter what we did, we were screwed. 

________________________________________________________________________________

"Zekev, she just said that they put waterproofing on the Hound, so of course they must have touched her."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

"Got it," I started to steer the Inferno up the slope he'd indicated. 

I tried, but I couldn't stop myself.... I did it again.... I facepalmed. 

IC: Cor Seava - Backseat.

You wanna know what else is possible while handcuffed? I reached across Kain and tried to hit Zekev. 

GM

Sgt Logan almost said, "your meatshields." But he didn't want to worry the young Cy-Matoran Shard about the mission, it wouldn't help anyone if they were scared stiff of their job, would it?

"They're the other members of your squad. Treize had them... Shipped in, just today."

Luckily, any fighting between the trio of prisoners was interrupted by the truck's abrupt stop. The momentum throwing the three into the seats.

"We're here!"

Sonia got out, opening the door for them. Now that they were surrounded by armed guards and Observatory staff, she uncuffed them. Sgt Logan snapped a salute her way, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Well met, Sergeant. Are we ready?"

"Yes ma'am. All armors have been readied for the trip, please follow. Ma'am." He replied in his most formal tone, leading the group to the back of the facility.

The armor of Shard, Zekev, Cor Saeva, Kain, Sgt Logan and several other Treize NPCs military officers stood, neatly lined up and cleaned. They all sported retrofitted water sealing around joints, openings and the like. Not to mention a nice polish, repairs and touch ups to the paintjobs. Sonia pointed a crate out to the mercenary trio, "all of your equipment is in there. Anything damaged during your arrest was repaired. Ammo, however has been confiscated and will be kept in the Sergeant's hands until he either deems you trustworthy, or it would be unsafe to detain you any longer."

She passed a couple small items and quiet words with Logan before hopping back into the truck, heading off down the mountain once more.

The Sergeant looked measurably revealed. He turned to the three new arrivals, "Well, good to meet you all! All due respects to Sonia, but her and I are quite different. I'll be handing you all your weapons once we get past the border. I don't see no point in betraying you nor vice a versa. Splitting up out there will just get everyone dead."

He introduced Shard to the trio and the trio to the cy-matoran. As well as introducing the three officers travelling with them. Two medics called Uno and Dix, pilots of a Fikou. And Quatre, pilot of an Exosuit. Similar in fact to the experimental model a certain ta-matoran had...

...but close to it

OOC: An experienced explorer wouldn't be scared of their job, he/she would be a little bit excited and anxious. But a tiny bit scared of going into unknown territory.

IC: Shard/Treize

I wrapped myself a bit more tightly with my cloak and felt for my musket. I looked at them.

"They were shipped from prison aren't they," I whispered to Sgt. Logan.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Cor Saeva - Somewhere?

"Shut up," I snapped at the Cy-Matoran (Yeah, my ears work just fine you little nerd!). "I could kill you ten different ways before you had time to draw that little pea shooter of yours, so I'd show a bit of respect if I were you." 

Sonia had neglected to mention that this was a babysitting mission....

Edited by Roman Torchwick

OOC: I just realized. Shard's now dubbed a Cy-Matoran. Cool!

I frowned.

"So you are," I said, "It doesn't matter if I use my 'peashooter' as I assure you that I'm much hard to kill than you think."

I activated my power, surrounding the Vortixx in some knee high, very sharp, crystal spikes in a dome pattern to make stepping or jumping out very difficult. I turned to the Uno, Dix, and Quartre.

"Greetings. I'm Shard.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Cor Seava

I laughed, kicking out with my steel-capped boots and breaking a quick path through the brittle crystals. Knee-high for a Vortixx was close to the Matoran's full height. Hopefully by seeing how easily I broke his crystals, he'd realise just how easily I could break him

"Can we get going now?" I asked the one in charge, Logan. "I want my guns back." 

I smirked as I heard the shattering. Shame I didn't see it, as my back was facing her. Those crystals were as thick as pencils. Let's see how she would do when I spawn some as thick as her legs.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

GM

Any further fighting was halted by a stasis field spawned around Cor Saeva and an EDD-cancelling field around Shard. He smirked a little, replacing the device in his holster. Experimental Treize tech had quite a bit field ready goodies.

"Miss Saeva, please restrain any violent impulses you might have. We're heading into hostile territory, let's not take any extra along for the ride."

He turned to the cy-matoran, "as for you Shard. These people are no longer prisoners. They're enlisted members of the Treize Expeditionary Forces. You'll both be treating eachother with the respect due to your ranks and shared membership of this prestigeous military."

"Now, with that hopefully squashed, we head out now! Perform any final ops checks quickly please."

...but close to it

IC: Cor Saeva.

"I just want my weapons back." I moped. 

OOC: Sorry, I missed this. 

IC: (Olis/Vingt)

After some thought, Olis said: "Yeah, I'm in. But soon enough I want to know a little more about how you found out about this."

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangaia Office Complex).

"All in good time," I said evasively, finishing my drink and getting to my feet. "I think it's time we got going." 

The three of us soon reached the complex. Standing outside the entrance, I looked to my two companions, "Right.... first order of business is getting inside." 

IC: Cor Saeva

I climbed into the Hound, finding my weapons safely stowed away. Including my machete, which I leaned forward and tapped Zekev on the shoulder with. "Does this look like a ranged weapon to you, frost face?" 

IC: Kain - Outside Treize (Military Base)

The Ta-Matoran rubbed his hands together before practically diving head-first to retrieve his Dagger and Spear Gun before placing the first on his thigh so he could pick up his keys and his new EDD. A few minutes of fumbling around in his glovebox later and the the broken one was cut from his chestplate, carelessly tossed into the snow as the new one was inserted into its place before being welded back onto the metal.

Putting his tools away and checking to make sure that his pocket money from earlier was now inside, he hopped in, closing the hatch before turning the ignition and entering the keycode. After cycling through his ammo-less secondary weapons and testing out the joints by throwing a few punches and kicks, he was finally satisfied.

Kain then laid back in the cockpit, flipping on the radio and blasting some music before lighting a cigarette and resting the back of his head in his palms.

It was good to be home.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 3

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Cor Saeva 

"You are absolutely infuriating, you know that?"