Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Cor Saeva.

"And that was sarcastic of you." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Cor Saeva - Ash Hound.

"I swear, one of these days...." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Golutaka threw a quick salute before talking. Probably not necessary, but there were protocols. "I was wondering, sir, if you had heard the rumours? The ones about a complete map of Nomansland being found, and all the treasures within it." He paused just to let Grunbeld mull that over for a second, "The crew of the Onslaught would be happy to volunteer their services if any action on that, or other matters, is required."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

"Oh fine, just ignore me then," I grumbled, leaning down to dig one of my emergency whiskeys out from behind his chair (yeah, I have more than one bottle of emergency whiskey. Deal with it) and taking a swig before tucking it away into the inside pocket of my coat. 

This was going to be the start of a long, unpleasant journey, I was sure of it...

GM

As luck would have it, Derkahn's choice of tavern was the perfect place to stumble across information. It was a dimly lit affair, having a certain higher dimensional quality to it, as the dark and brooding patrons all seemed to have their own corner to sit darkly and brood in, all thirteen of them.

The bartender was a scraggly looking Vortixx, short and grey in his advanced age.

"Aye. What'll you be having?"

IC: Derkahn (Neuf, in a tavern)

I never thought that civilans of Neuf would be as cowardly as the soldiers, but apparently that's the case, because they're all sitting in darkness. Or then they're just shy. Or then they're just misrable. Or the owner of this place is too lazy and/or poor to fix the lights. I don't know. Neufers are odd folk.

I approach the counter and rest my right elbow on it. "I'm going on a long trip to the west, so I would like to have an entire barrel of the local specialty.. What was it called? Takea blood? Yeah, that was it. A barrel of Takea blood, please." Well, it's not actual blood, of course, but strong rum with a distinct dark red colour. It's pretty good. I begin to dig my satchel with my left arm and ask "How much will it cost?"

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Shard/Treize - Northern Treize Observatory

I began testing out the speed. As my exosuit is more agile than others, I was able to do some cool things. But to unlock the suit's full potential, I would need a Kakama and a Calix. Once I was done, I spoke into.my suit's radio.

"I'm good, too."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Kat/ Ihu highway:

I held position, keeping watch on the lower road while the Infurno moved to a higher ridge.

Something wasn't right.

I'd seen this tactic used before, lots of light tanks making small ambushes hoping to draw away parts of a large group.

It was eerily similar to a time when We'd tested a number of Prototypes back in TreiZe.

I radioed the Infurno, "Got eyes on, watching you flanks."

IC: Kain - Outside Treize (Military Base)

Kain fumbled with the volume for a second before grasping the headset of his comms unit and fitting it around his neck, adjusting the microphone up towards his mouth before speaking.

"This is DJ Kain coming to you live from the inside of The Dreadnought, where it's all good under the hood and the tunes'll be playing just as fast as the super-heated lead will be flying. Coming up, we've got your all-access, backstage pass to the exploration of some Karz-forsaken city out in the middle of nowhere, but for now, let's kick it back a bit and play some of that good, old-fashioned music that you all know and love. And remember kiddies; if the tank's a-rockin', don't go a-knockin'. Peace!"

And with that, he cranked the volume back up before leaning back once more, fully aware that his mic was still on.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Lufon Vance - Ihu Highway.

"Understood," I radioed back. I was starting to warm up to the merc. She was good at what she did. Clearly not a liability after all. "We're going to fire some flares back down the way the convoy came. Hopefully those'll reveal anyone sneaking up behind us." 

I grabbed some flares out a compartment and opened the top hatch before climbing up on top of the Inferno and attaching the flares loosely to the heavy disk currently loaded into the launcher. I jumped back inside, pulling the hatch behind me to block out the freezing wind. "In three.... two.... one...." I fired the launcher.

The disk shot through the air and swiftly vanished from sight somewhere back down the highway. As if flew, spinning swiftly, the flares were flung loose, landing randomly in the snow. 

"Do you see anything?" I asked, clearing a patch of frost off the front viewport to get a better look.....

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The instant Kain had started speaking, I reached down with the machete still in my hand and deftly flicked the off switch on the Hound's radio. "I'm really starting to hate him...." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC Kat/ Ihu highway.

I tracked the flares as they spun, lighting up the area around them, landing with soft puffs in the snow.

Or so I imagined, hard to hear over a blizzard and my own Exo.

I kept my radio on, ready to warn Lufon and the convoy if I did see something, as I peered through my viewport.....

GM

"A whole barrel'a'Takea Blood? That'll be..." He reached under the counter, consulting a book of prices. He hadn't had a customer order a whole barrel of anything in some time.

He put the book away, looking back to Derkahn "Two hundred and forty-eight widgets. You thinkin' ta treat your whole crew?"

Fortunately, Lufon's flare and Kat's reconnaissance showed nothing The immediate threat had passed. Unfortunately, that left them unawares of their tail, or any larger scale Seize movements. The only thing to do was continue through the mountains, slowly and cautiously. Seize's attack had exactly the effect they had sought, a precise injection of paranoia.

After hours of travel and several dozen kio, the land had began to change. The fierce mountain winds and biting cold lessened, the weather turning mild. One only large rise separated them from Nomansland. The convoy made their way up it, stopping to refuel, rest and eat. At the top, they had a view of many kio, any approaching enemies would be wide open to detection and cannon fire.

Their elevation also let them get their first clear view of Ertrunken. Even as far away as they still were, the buildings were massive. The first rows were low to the ground and shapeless through the haze and early morn light. Further in, the tall buildings begunn to rise, some of their tops were obscured by low hanging clouds, the tallest had to be at least two hundred bio. Their walls shone ; huge reflective windows, smooth metal and concrete. Other areas could be seen further away, including the edges of one of the green-glass plains. Inside, rahi and plantlife either died, changed or fled. Exactly what phenomenon was at work was unclear. The great buildings in these zones were not intact, some of them are toppled, melted or otherwise destroyed

Silat called a small gathering, Kat and the Vengeful Inferno's crew were both in presence.

He spread a small map over a crate of supplies. "This is the work of a couple of advance scouts. Codename Dragon is in an underground barracks southwest of the city's start. Unfortunately, any close entrances have been destroyed. We have to enter the city's underground highway system, at various points. It joins up with the region's natural caves. We'll hop through the two to reach Dragon."

He eyed Lufon and a few others, "unfortunately. Your larger armors will not be able to gain access. Exosuits will fit, as will some of the smaller pieces of light armor. The rest of you are going to be outfitted for on-foot travel and combat. A contingent of soldiers and officers, myself included will stay above ground watching the convoy. We'll set up a perimeter using the buildings as bases. Scouts suggest Seize's main force has not arrived, they either split off to the north, turned back or are simply lagging far behind. So hostiles are unlikely. Wild rahi and rahkshi are likely to be the worst we'll encounter-"

Typically, when someone says something with absolute certainty, it's wrong.

"-because nothing lives in those tunnels."

Grunbeld was silent for a moment, clearly processing a wide variety of thoughts and ideas. Running through, coming up with scenarios and squashing them just as quickly.

"Well, first off. I've heard such rumors. Hard not to when you're in my position. Official position on the west is that Neuf doesn't care. We keep to ourselves and know well enough how to defend 'gainst anyone foolish enough to come marching up the salted plains. My opinion is a little different. I don't trust none the other nations, they get their hands on one of these probably-non-existent weapons, who knows what those fools'll do?"

He gestured to the ship, "'nother reason I don't trust them is that 9/10 times something strange winds up here, it's got the stink of Seize or Vingt all over it. So, unofficially, I'd just as soon have any possible treasures safely in Neuf's hands than laying about for the pickings in the west."

Golutaka could probably hear the gears turning in the po-skakdi's head. "In fact... This ship here had some evidence it's outta Seize, it had a destination to. A'course, any crew that knew about it isn't in any state to talk. So, if someone were to volunteer to investigate, I'd be quite thankful."

Olis, Oblitus and Einefus were seeing quite the sight, the Mangaia Office Complex was a vast network of buildings. Guards, interns and workers scurried about in a rush. Aside from having the government's important buildings, some of the guard HQ and post system were based here.

No check-in was necessary to enter the area, but many buildings had guards, public and/or private posted. This, combined with the flurry of activity made one feel very watched. Dozens of sets of eyes could be looking at you at any time.

Past the rows of buildings rose the old temples. A park was built around it, any entrances were sealed or maintained by the guard.

Far to the south and west, the Treize Expeditonary Force's newest members were trundling along a small coastal road. It was a remnant of the old times, quickly repaired to a minimum level of usability in preparation for the mission to codename Burial. The region was quite mild compared to the reefs and the northern areas of Nomansland. The road followed the gently curving coastline from the base to the Ihu range all the way to central Motara. It passed through small towns, long since abandoned. Little shacks and beach houses quite reminescent of modern day architecture, rather than the monolithic buildings to the north.

It could almost be called a comfy and welcoming area. Aside from the eery quiet and stillness. Nothing moved here, and it was quite clear that nothing had for a very long time.

Scouting and vanguard duties had been given to the trio of prisoners former prisoners. Their radios crackled and the sergeant's voice came over them. "I want you three to maintain a two kio headstart throughout. Anything of a dangerous or supiscious nature and you stop and contact me immediately. Aside from that, I'd like a check in twice per hour."

OOC

@Mangaia people ; I'm gonna let you all decide your own course of actions, make up a plan of sorts to get in. I tried to provide some hints or ideas in that brief description. If you're doing anything really stupid... You'll get burned lol

@Vingt expedition, aside from any questions you might have for Silat. This is also a free roaming kind of area. Explore close by parts of the city, examine things, etc. Some things will trigger an event or GM quip, some will not.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC Kat: I folded my arms.

I didn't like this one bit. The old girl was decent, but not great in close quarters. If things got dicey, I'd have to rely on the others to keep more agile enemies away. 

Assuming we ran into anything down there. 

I looked over at the few Heavy Armors we'd brought, somewhat confused as to why, if they wouldn't fit, we'd brought them in the first place. A contingent of Exo's would have made more sense in this situation.

I shook the thought off. I'd been on edge ever since that ambush.

I'd never been brave or stupid enough to enter any of the ruins in Noman's alone, but it provided little comfort that I was going in with others.

Sighing, I hopped back into Legion, Firing up her Engines, and looking at Lufon. I flicked the external speaker.

"Looks like I'll have to keep you lot covered, huh? Shame we can't bring the Infurno."

It really was.

• Upvote 1

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken. 

"I can handle myself," I assured the merc. 

I turned to Mokoran and Zelcram. "Looks like we're leavin' the Inferno behind, boys," I said, the disappointment in my tone clear for all to hear. I ventured over to the tank to gather my weapons, then started to investigate the nearby buildings. One in particular got my attention: it was small, only one floor. It stood out simply because of how plain and boring it was compared to the marvels of the other ruins. 

I used one of my hatchets to break down the ruined door, and stepped warily inside.....

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Mangai Office Complex). 

"Ideas?" I asked the other two. "We'll need to get through the park to get to the temples...." But all the entrances were guarded. 

"Be careful not to get too far ahead," I said, "if they think we're trying to make a run for it they're probably going to try to kill us." I took another swig of my whiskey. "And yes, that guy was a dick. But that Sonia.... she's even worse...." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Cor Seava - Ash Hound.

"How dare you!" 

• Upvote 1

GM

Inside the ruin, Mokeron and Lufon would find little of interest. It seemed to be a shed of some type. Tools, screws, bolts and accessories to them were strewn about the floor or hung on the walls. Several cases lay smashed on their side, smashed open.

A few crunchy... Things were on a desk. They were crinkly and resembled some type of extremely thin metal, it was obvious there was something inside. The foil-wrapped object had a crude pictogram of a matoran happily chowing away on something in it's hand.

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken (Ruined Building). 

"Ah.... what is it?" I prodded one of the crinkly things with my hatchet. "Mokoran, see if you can open it." 

GM

Sgt Logan had just now received and deciphered Shard's communication. Seemed that the area might have some radio interference issues. From what, he couldn't say.

"Not much to do, soldier. If all goes well we'll reach Burial by nightfall. This road was recently worked on by a squadron from the Engineers Corps, we ought to see their camp in another ten or twelve kio. We can pick up some supplies and make sure our vanguard is minding themselves."

...but close to it

IC: Shard/Small coastal road, Onward to Burial

I realized that it took more longer for the Sarge to respond and I had to decipher his reply. Something was jamming our communications. I spoke again into the radio.

"I'll go ahead to tell the Engineer Corps that we're arriving and will pick up supplies."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

OOC: I'm going to assume that the radio inside the Ash Hound was turned back on at some point since we're now moving on with the expedition. I'm also assuming that Tiragath wouldn't be having us scout ahead without returning our ammo, because that would be kind of pointless.

Feel free to correct me on either point, guys.

IC: Kain - The Dreadnought

The Ta-Matoran couldn't help but laugh as one of his mech's hands folded backwards and revealed its secondary weaponry, the claws of the other appendage supporting it for better accuracy as he continued to move forward. He had long since turned off his music, his only remaining source of entertainment being the bickering from the Skakdi and the Vortixx as he proceeded to scan the area.

"You know, I would tell you two to get a room, but seeing as you're already inside your tank, there wouldn't be much of a point," Kain said into his mic. "But please, do go on. You two are my only source of entertainment on this trip so far, and I need all the laughs I can get out here."

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC (Vingt)

His eyes flashed open. Dessimus had fallen asleep in Whisper. Grumbling, he switched it on and looked at where he was. He was on the side of a store. No help at all.

Coming 'round, he saw a sign above the door that read "Vert's pricy goods!".

Not noticing the store right behind him, he strolled down the street, Whisper grinding along, questioning his next move.

OOC: Dessimus has arrived! Open for interaction.

IC Zelcram:

Zelcram got out of the Inferno, and followed Lufon.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: from. And they're at their destination.

IC Tor:

The old tank rumbled into Seize, headed for the military compound on the west.

"Radio in, Vax. I'd like to know our next assignment while we get Old Relentless refuelled and rearmed."

IC Carth: opening a comm channel, I spoke to the Jattiko's remaining crew, "So, what do you folks do for fun?"

IC Kat:

I took it upon myself to explore one of the larger structures, all this sitting around was grinding what few nerves I had left.

I stepped into the darkened building, flicking on the old girl's front light to see....

GM

"A whole barrel'a'Takea Blood? That'll be..." He reached under the counter, consulting a book of prices. He hadn't had a customer order a whole barrel of anything in some time.

He put the book away, looking back to Derkahn "Two hundred and forty-eight widgets. You thinkin' ta treat your whole crew?"

IC: Derkahn (Neuf, in a tavern)

Crew? Why does he assume that I have a crew? Odd. Anyways, I nod and grab my purse. Booze and machine parts are expensive, but I can usually afford them, and I think that's also the case now. I reply "Nope. Like I said, I'm going on a long trip to the west, to Nomansland. I doubt there are any taverns there, hehe, so I need an entire barrel for myself" and begin counting widgets. I won't question his assumption. I mean, do tank crews come here often? That would explain why the customers cower in the shadows.

I finish counting. 221 widgets. Drat. "Um, I only have about two hundred and twenty. Can I pay the rest later? Or maybe you can empty the barrel a bit, so I don't have to pay the full price..?" I knew I should've demanded a larger share of the previous loot, .

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles