Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Olis - Above Ascension

"Suits me." I say, putting Purple in lockdown and hopping out, reducing my weight so that I impact the ground with hardly a sound.

IC: Zeleran - Motara

"Alright, Arktinen will go." Zeleran folded his arms, face locked in thought.

Edited by 000

Kathok

IC: Oblitus - Above Ascension.

"Now, a word of warning: the place is full of Manas crabs." I cleared my throat. "They weren't exactly welcoming when I was here last time, and I have no idea what to expect this time around. Hopefully Ascension lets us through...." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I'm pretty sure I explained this already," I said warily, "there is someone, or something, in this ruin that promised me a reward for bringing it the heart of a dead god. Just so we're clear, though: whatever it gives me, I'm not sharing."

Before he could protest, I raised my hand. "There's plenty of other loot down there to go around, trust me." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Ascension Exterior)

I drop ever so gracefully out of Irene and stumble forward a few steps. When I regain my balance, I straighten lazily and look out over the structure below.

"How we ge' inside?" I ask. This talk about loot doesn't interest me much. I'll take things as quickly as the next person, but in the end, things are things to me. If I have them, great, if not, that's one fewer thing I have to worry about.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

I pointed towards the tunnel entrance, "This way." I jumped down off the ledge and landed on the outcropping, pulling out my disk launcher and starting to move down into the tunnel. 

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"You can't call dibs on something that's already been taken," I pointed out warily. Having reached the top of the ladder, I was now attempting to open the hatch that would grant me access to the gigantic mech. 

"This is a military mission, and as the highest ranking member of the military currently present, it's my duty to ensure that this equipment doesn't fall into the wrong hands.... like yours, mercenary." 

IC Kat:

My eyes narrowed.

"Former Commander Kathrine of the Trieze military. You wanna tell me how much of a dirtbag I am?  Call me that again in that tone and I will blow a hole in you." 

My nerves had been worn thin by this whole trip, and I was done taking flak from some LT who thought they were hot stuff.

• Upvote 1

"You are aware that Treize and Vingt are enemies, right?" I spat. "That title means less than nothing to me. Besides, you have no claim to it anymore, if you're not just making it up in the first place." 

IC Kat:

"And what exactly would I gain from making it up, Lufon? The whole time I've been here I've done nothing but help, and all you've done is and moan about how terrible I am. I couldn't even get status updates when we were seperated cause you were too busy doing Karz knows what! You got a problem with me, you best bring it up now, cause I'm sure as Karz not working under you're command if this is how you treat your soldiers!"

My eyes burned, a challenge that the Piraka would have to answer if he wanted to keep command of his own men.

Abuse of Power was a pretty serious crime in the military.

"You are a mercenary. You have no formal rank, and no right to talk back to a superior member of the military force that has hired you." I decided to go with the cold logic response rather than yelling at her. "I have tried to be cordial, and put up with your outspoken nature and blatant insubordination, but you are beginning to try my patience, and I promise that you'll regret it if you push me any further." 

I turned away from her and focused on figuring out whatever mechanism opened the hatch. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ic Kat:

Insubordination?! What insubordination? Telling your superior when a plan won't work or when they're about to make a mistake is EXPECTED!

"Do tell, Lufon." I said with an odd chill in my voice. "What insubordination are you referring to.When I stopped you from killing a native for a rope trap that was nonlethal? When I called you out for being apoor soldier who can't give their hired help information? Or how about not taking any Kane-ra for your attitude towards a merc who's done nothing but help this mission?" 

I folded my arms. "What -exactly- is your problem with me?"

"Where do you want me to start?" my voice was a sneer. "Disobeying direct orders.... talking back to superiors... challenging every decision I've made and acting as if you know better than everyone else here...." I stifled a lazy yawn, "....shall I go on?" 

GM

Whenever one of the surface people got around to entering Dragon, they would find a warm interior, outside sounds almost completely muffled by the air tight hatch and thick armor plating. The lighting was dim and red. Three separate stations were nestled inside. One to the front and center, featuring what must've been the piloting controls, one to the right where the innards of the railgun were situated, and a third to the left. It was surrounded by a bevy of screens, and complicated machinery, all black and silent. There was an absence of dust or wear over anything, it could've all been new for all they knew.

In front of the driver's seat was a raised plinth with a small circular screen on it's zenith, it glowed a soft static gray. On it's base was the inscription MEGADEUS IV / V.

Oblitus would find Ascension much the same as last time. Dully colored white and silver hallways, sterile atmospheric lighting and the rooms with walls of one-way mirrors. The end of the hallway forked, leading to the contraption marked with Ba and the main stairwell that led to the ground floor. And the Manas...

...but close to it

ICKat:

"You may be in charge, but you sure aren't my superior. As for challenging your decisions, it's only because of that that we found allies down here, if not for me, your trigger happy nature could have started a war, Lufon. And down here alone, you wouldn't have won that war. I may not now better than everyone, but I'm pretty sure I know more than you."

"Let me make something clear: you are a mercenary. You are being paid to obey, not to question, not to talk back, not to criticise or give your opinion." It was so much fun being able to talk down to people like this, especially from so high up. "If I want your opinion, I would ask for it," I finally managed to open the hatch, exposing the interior of the craft. 

"Thankfully, it seems an opportunity has arisen for you to redeem yourself." 

IC Kat:

"You're an idiot. Turning down advice of an experienced soldier. Makes me wonder how you even made sergeant, much less LT...." I muttered.

I clambered out of the old girl, taking a peek through the weapons pile myself. 

I picked up a strange looking short rifle, and what appeared to be a magazine of ammunition. The bullets had strange red tips. I fiddled with the magazine, slotting it into the receiver of the weapon with a satisfying click. 

I looked it over approvingly, cracking a smile.

I found a strap for it, clipping it onto the weapon and slinging it. I grabbed more of the magazines, and a few ammo boxes. the magazines clipping easily to my armor, and the boxes sitting nicely inside Legion.

With a sigh, I moved over to the ladder, climbing up after Lufon. 

I swear if he pulls this rank on me again, I'm gonna punch the brakas.

"You are not a soldier," I reiterated, "and I'm not a mere LT. I'm a Lieutenant Commander, one rank down from Commander." I settled into the pilot's chair, looking over the controls. "For a merc, you're awfully ignorant." 

IC: Arkie (Motara)

I scramble among the upturned dirt, leaping over the small hillocks that appear every now and then, until I reach the trench dug by the mech hitting Carth's exo. The mouth of the gully is still obscured by roiling clouds of dust. "You there, Carth?" I shout.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Olis - Ascension

I continue down the hallway, keeping alert for attackers. I notice the machine, the inscription "Ba "...something to do with my element, perhaps?--

--and, of course, there just have to be bloody Manas...I draw my disc launcher.
OOC: What does the machine actually look like? I can't remember what T said when Obli was here earlier.

Kathok

IC: Naona - Neuf

"I assume you all have brought along your requisite equipment in case of any trouble?"

It was good to see Dehka arrive. She was always a sight for sore eyes, especially with the skills she brought to the table. Now that the team had been assembled, all that was left was to confirm that everything was in good condition before they could move out. Naona did not want to risk anything, especially when they were dealing with the deaths of foreign soldiers.

IC KAt:

"Keep it up, and I might just hit you. You even know how to pilot this thing?" I asked with a hint of superiority. It took years to learn how to pilot an Exo properly. ANd this thing looked a karz of a lot more complex.

Truth be told, I'd probably need time to adjust to this if it were me in the pilot seat.

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Ascension)

Fancy place, I think to myself as I tap ash off my cigarette onto the floor. I have no idea what lies ahead, but I withdraw my greypowder pistol. Just in case.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Elerc:

Elerc got into the Venture, revving up the systems and looking at the maps. Selecting a route he knew well that would get him to the edges of Treize's borders, he flicked the engine control, and shifted a lever that controlled the drive chain. The Venture, humming slightly, set off at a clanking pace that the Exos would be able to follow at a comfortable speed. 

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

GM

From her position behind Lufon, Kat would see what the Vortixx did not feel. As he seated himself in the chair, an array of wire like appendages extended from the chair, gently seeking out points on the Vortixx's spine to attach themselves. Lufon would feel a sense of connection to the machine. Hand and foot holds seeming more like extensions of his own body.

On the plinth, the screen brightened and displayed a message ; Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty. Under them, the machine rumbled to life, cockpit brightening from a dull red to a bright sanguinary hue.

Olis would find a closed door, made of the same smooth metal as the hallways. The panel beside it was quite simple, when it was touched, the symbols for Ba floated above it's surface as a purple hologram.

Logan called for the expedition members to gather, it was nigh time to roll out.

Black waited impatiently for the bumbling Jattiko crew to hurry up.

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Dragon.

"In answer to your question," I cleared my throat, feeling the odd pinpricks along my back and doing my best not to scratch at them, "of course I don't know how to pilot this thing. The beings who once did are centuries dead." I looked over the controls, trying to discern what they more closely resembled. "Looks similar to an exo-suit, though."

I focused my attention on the cryptic words that had just appeared on the screen. "Hm.... any ideas?" 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Oblitus - Ascension. 

I leaned past Olis to activate the panel on the wall that displayed the map I'd found on my last visit. "According to this map, these doors are called elevators, whatever that means...." 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial Camp.

"About karzing time...."