Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Ascension)

Had any of us seen this coming? Probably not. Should we have seen this coming? Most certainly.

But really, at this point, I can't see any use in getting mad at Oblitus. I knew this whole enterprise could be dangerous. I knew it could turn out far different from my expectations.

"Ain' no poin' in yellin'," I say, withdrawing a cigarette. "'Sides, yuh gave us a cho'ce uhlier tuh ge' sure-fire reward o' a possible one. We bo' chose da possible. Ain' no'ne tuh blame bu' ourselves." I light the cigarette and inhale deeply. "'Course, dat still leave da prollum o' gettin' ou' here."

As I look around for any other exits, I point at the glass case. "No' much o' a reward, is dey?"

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Zeleran - Circadian

Let us get this over with.

Grabbing a utilitarian-looking black-bladed knife from a crate, Zeleran swiftly drew the knife across his flesh, a drop of his (literally) blue blood falling upon the corresponding sigil.

Kathok

IC: Derkahn (Beneath the clocktower I guess)

While others were busy cutting themselves, Derkahn sat on the ground, his gaze focusing on something invisible before his eyes. He poured a little alcohol into his mouth every now and then. Every time he heard the trickling of blood, he seemed to awake from his daydream for a moment, glance at the person who had just pierced their own protoskin and grimace, before continuing to daydream and empty his flask.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Oblitus - Ascension Safe. 

"There might be a way out of this," I said, trying to remain optimistic. I'd been in impossible situations before, and always found a way to survive against the odds. I pulled up the map of Ascension on my table,t ignoring the hammering of the Manas.

If I could figure out what other rooms or floors were through the walls and ceiling of the safe, I could probably use my teleportation device to escape. That would mean leaving the other two behind, but I couldn't see any other options.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Ah though' he sayed some'in' 'bou' dem bein' empty an' vacant," I say, checking to make sure my pistol is loaded. I briefly remember the strange pistol in my backpack, but I decide to wait on using that.

GM

Kat, Lufon and Mokeron soon saw sunlight, sweet, sweet sunlight!

It shone down on a truly wretched landscape. All around them was the ruins of a once-great building, the surface counterpart to the depths below. Hangars stood rusting around them, their particular location was part of a large flat, paved area. The landmark buildings from their initial ingress into Ertrunken were nowhere to be seen. To add further issue, their compasses did not work, the needles spun to and fro. Cloud cover obscured any possible view of the north or red stars, as well as any moonlight to guide them.

Olis would feel a naggling wriggling, squiggling into his mind. It spoke in broken words and images, the clearest among them were the stones and Einefus. Meanwhile, the door was beginning to bow inwards, hammer strength blow after hammer strength blow steadily turning the metal into so much scrap. Oblitus would find that the map he had downloaded was not as detailed as he might have wished, the scale did not seem accurate compared with what he had seen. Einefus would feel a vibration coming from the corpse's device, conveniently forgotten until now.

Both the original team from Treize (Cor Saeva, Shard and company) and the "rescue" team (Hisuti, Gregorios, The Venture and Doseki(?)) would note the curious and belated absence of their military official leader types, Logan and Pe Ell respectively. Wasn't their absence awfully worrying in a place such as this?

Derkahn still needed to join the bloodletting, by choice or by force.

...but close to it

IC Elerc:

Walled up in the Venture's helm of plated metal, Elerc did not notice until he rotated the Venture around to get a better look at their surroundings. "Uh, where's Pe Ell?" he asked over radio.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

It takes a moment for things to click into place. What device is Olis talking about? From what corpse?

But even as those questions cross my mind, I remember that in addition to the strange pistol, I had retrieved a strange, fleshy battery.

Which was currently beginning to vibrate.

I pull my right arm through the straps on my pack and swing it around to my front. With my right hand, I fumble through several of the pouches until I find it. It was vibrating and warm, just as it had been when we neared the coffin with the heart. What did that mean?

Heart. Power. Toa.

My eyes slide over to the glass case with the stones.

Toa stones. Power... what?

I look down at the battery in my hand as I get my right arm back through the straps. "Wha' do yuh think dis means?"

IC: Oblitus - Ascension Basement. 

"Karz...." this wasn't right; my map was different to how it should've been. The scale was all wrong. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

"Great..." my hands moved over the controls, urging the machine to begin moving forwards. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Cor Saeva - Burial Camp.

"Who cares?

Edited by Locus

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lufon Vance - Dragon.

"That's one way of putting it...."

OOC: Are Logan and Pe Ell associated with Seize? If so, don't expect my character to help them out. 

IC (As Hisuti): "Who's Pe Ell?" The matoran of water replied to Elerc as she examined her dismembered cannon. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Kain - Outside Burial

The Dreadnought's head swiveled around, giving Kain an acurate picture of the area as he readied his weapons.

"Is anyone else getting a bad vibe here, or is it just me?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

ooc: I would think that this Pe Ell was with you guys and thus part of the group if the GM says they are now strangely missing.

OOC: Doseki

IC: Doseki heard the chatter over the radio regarding someone named Pe Ell. He didn't recognize the name but it would appear that whomever it was his being missing seemed to be important. So he offered up a question to Elerc. "When was the last time you saw him?" Doseki then remembered that two of the Rahkshi managed to escape. Could it be possible one of them took their friend?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC: Olis - Ascension

"#### off!" I shout to the voice, clutching my head...as the vision subsides, I straighten. "That...dead toa is still talking to me somehow...it seems to be suggesting you do something with the device and the stones..." I keep my eye on the worryingly creaking door.

Kathok

"He didn' say nothin' clearer dan dat?" I ask, though it's mostly rhetorical. Of course he didn't; that would make things simple.

I look down at the device and then back up at the glass case. What am I supposed to do with them? I don't know, but I guess there's only one way to find out.

I approach the case and break the glass with a few whacks from the butt of my pistol. Holstering my pistol, I grab one of the stones. I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Oblitus dropped his battery-thing on the heart; maybe I'm supposed to do the same thing here? But what if it explodes or something? Of course, if that Manas gets through, I might be dead anyway. This will just hurry things along.

Eh, what do I care?

With a shrug of my shoulders, I touch the fleshy battery-thing to the Toa stone.

Edited by (Daedalus)

IC: Derkahn (Near the blood door)

After everyone else had spilled their own blood, Derkahn contiuned to sit. His eyes had difficulty deciding whether they wanted to be open or closed, and his head occasinally wobbled. He no longer drank from his flask, because it was empty. A strong odor of alcohol surrounded him, and he began to mumble something incoherent. He did hold a knife in his other hand, but seemed to have no intention of cutting himself any time soon.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Derkahn (Underground)

Derkahn's gaze turned lazily towards Arktinen, and then lazily turned away. "Why would I want the door to be opened? We'll die in there just like those poor buggers before us. I'd rather receive a bullet to the skull than get cut to pieces by some devious trap." He paused and burped. "Go get Gammy, if you want to go through. I'm not going in there." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Oh wait, they locked the door behind us, didn't they? Those cursed ruffians. You want blood? Fine, but I won't follow you. I'll stay here and.. take a nap."

After several failed attempts he managed to stand up and walk to the closest sigil. He pushed the tip of his knife into a joint in his protoskin finger, and smeared some protoblood, teeming with biomechanic nanomachines, on the sigil. He then threw the knife away and returned to sit by the wall. "Now bugger off, I'm tired."

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Derkahn (Blood sigil room)

Derkahn leaned against the wall and tried to find a comfortable position. Then he crossed his arms, closed his eyes and said "Like I just said, bugger off." Some blood dripped from the wound in his finger, but he didn't seem to care.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

GM

Shard received no response over the radio, only the crackling static of empty bandwidths. The wind had kicked up a little in the intervening time, bringing wet, heavy air from over the ocean inland. Dark clouds stood guard over the southern sea, slowly working their way towards the ruined castle and the dwindling group of soldiers.

Derkahn's blood soaked into the cold stone, painting the sigil crimson. It was the seventh of the line, and as the final drips fell into place, the door ground open from the mid way point. Inside, as Stiehl had described, the first puzzle of sorts had already been solved. A door at the far end was open, leading down a long, dark stairwell. It seemed the puzzle had been some type of numerical code, six levers adorned the walls, labelled from 0 to 5. Above the furthest right lever, 0-1-1-2-3-5 was carved into the stone. Not immediately useful, but good to know nonetheless.

There was no fancy light show for the graverobbers, as the two small objects touched, Einefus would feel some (a convenient sixth) of the heated, thrumming energies of the battery drain away. Brightening the stone to a deep purple glow.

...but close to it

GM

Shard received no response over the radio, only the crackling static of empty bandwidths. The wind had kicked up a little in the intervening time, bringing wet, heavy air from over the ocean inland. Dark clouds stood guard over the southern sea, slowly working their way towards the ruined castle and the dwindling group of soldiers.

IC: Shard/Burial Camp

Karz. Something was wrong. I made a crystal machete, and began hacking at the leaves. Time to find the Sarge....if he's still there.

I can't tolerate this insubordination. "If you do not come with us, consider your time as part of this crew over, and your share of the treasure nil." Zeleran snarled.

IC: Olis - Ascension

"Seems ta be working..." Purple...that could be my one (I'm a little unusual in my colouring for a Ba-Matoran.)

Kathok

IC: Arkie (Circadian puzzle room 1)

I stare at the numbers intently. 0-1-1-2-3-5... I ponder them for a second, searching for differences and second differences until a lightbulb appears above my head. "That sequence! You add the past two numbers together to get the next one, right?"

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Derkahn (Circadian Cascadian)

His left eye opened and glared at Zeleran. "I can understand not giving me any treasure, which we are unlikely to get because you'll die if you go down there, if I refuse to join, but kicking me out from the crew? Now you're just threatening me. And I don't like it when pompous officers threaten me, Zelly. I really don't, you understand?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

I feel some of the power transfer to the stone. Some, but not all, which means...

I set the stone down and begin to touch the battery-thing to the other five stones. I still don't know what good the stones are, but maybe we'll find out later.

"Derkhahn," Zeleran growled, all the pent-up rage concentrated into deadly quiet, "You have no right to speak to your commanding officer in that tone, especially while you ask him the favour of going against his own orders. Now, if you don't come with us, you could well be putting the entire mission and the crew's lives in even more danger. So that is the choice you are getting."

Kathok

OoC: In character rant alert :P

IC: Derkahn (Circad in Ian)

He opened his other eye and stood up. "You think I can solve any puzzles when I'm drunk? Because if you haven't noticed, oh thou magnificent one, I've emptied four or five entire flasks of alcohol since we fought against those Exos! Do you want to stay here for a day and wait for me to clear up? That won't work, because then I'll have hangover and will certainly not be able to solve any puzzles! And by then we've proably run out of rations and water, because there's seven of us here! And even if I wasn't drunk, how could I help you in any way? You think I'm some kind of mastermind? You already have five helpers alongside you, yet that isn't a large enough entourage for your highness?"

He spat on the ground and continued. "A commanding officer is no better than his followers, yet you've never bloody realized that. You know what? I've had enough of you and your cursed arrogance. You're just like Azakhai, my former officer back when I was still part of the Seize military. I had hoped that a merry group of bandits would have no people like that, but I was dead wrong. Yet I didn't leave the crew because I had nowhere to go. I still don't, but I'm sick of your garbage. I'll no longer have anything to do with Jatikko and you. Now you have no authority over me, idiot, so bugger off and go die in the cursed labyrinth." He sat down again and closed his eyes.

• Upvote 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles