Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC:

"Hmmm."

Two hands, half-dwarfed by the sleeves of an old black bomber jacket, slipped over a certain Radio Officer's eyes. The warmth of a particularly cheeky grin radiated off the side of his face.

"Guess who?" 

A nose, scrunched in impatience by the lack of immediate answer, pushed one half of the headset off Liare's head.

"Guess whooooo?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

GM IC: ???

While the members of the rescue party from Treize were busy in their attempts to communicate with one another, Elerc, Doseki, Hisuti, Grêgorios, and Suko (if he hadn't put that much distance between himself and the others, that is) would soon discover that a strange and flowery scent had invaded the area immediately surrounding them, with no clear indications as to where specifically it was coming from. Before they could seek out its source, however, they were soon greeted by an incoming message that began to relay itself across their radios.

"Attention Rescue Party, this is Pe Ell. I have made contact with the remaining members of the expedition, but they are in bad shape, meaning that you'll have to come to us. I repeat, the remaining members of the expedition have been found, but cannot move towards your current position."

A set of coordinates soon followed, revealing a section of jungle that was supposedly where he and the others were currently located, had anyone actually bothered to locate them on their maps.

"Try to get here as quick as you can. Over and out."

*SNIP*

GM OOC: Just a heads up, but the rescue team are not in a position to see or hear the smoke, birds, or gunfire. The reason why will be explained later.

OOC: Doseki & the Desert RAT (Venture group)

IC: "Well that could pose a bit of a problem." Doseki had to think for a moment on that one as it was now a bit of a problem. He heard the reply from Hitsuti and just nodded in his RAT. His train of thought was interrupted as a floral scent invaded his cockpit. Unlike the cockpits of the Venture and even the Exo-suits Doseki's was nearly completely open to the surrounding air and thus got a major whiff of the smell as it cascaded through the immediate area. Then just as quickly he heard a voice over the Radio claiming to be a Pe Ell. Doseki didn't know who that was but still he heard the geographical coordinates. Turning on his Data pad on his dash he plugged them into the search bar and waited for the map of the area to load. While waiting he overheard Grêgorios' Discomfort about the smell. "It is the sent of some form of flowering plant that must be indigenous to the area. I would not worry too much about it right now. It should pass as we leave the area."

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

GM IC: ???

While the members of the rescue party from Treize were busy in their attempts to communicate with one another, ElercDosekiHisutiGrêgorios, and Suko (if he hadn't put that much distance between himself and the others, that is) would soon discover that a strange and flowery scent had invaded the area immediately surrounding them, with no clear indications as to where specifically it was coming from. Before they could seek out its source, however, they were soon greeted by an incoming message that began to relay itself across their radios.

"Attention Rescue Party, this is Pe Ell. I have made contact with the remaining members of the expedition, but they are in bad shape, meaning that you'll have to come to us. I repeat, the remaining members of the expedition have been found, but cannot move towards your current position."

A set of coordinates soon followed, revealing a section of jungle that was supposedly where he and the others were currently located, had anyone actually bothered to locate them on their maps.

"Try to get here as quick as you can. Over and out."

IC (As Hisuti): "What's that smell?" The matoran of water asked as she looked at her team. The radio in her exosuit greeted her with an incoming message and it played out the message sent. *Pe Ell has been found, but the other team is injured.* the Ga-Matoran made a mental note of the coordinates and spoke on the radio to the rest of her team. "Who has a map of the jungle? We need them to mark the coordinates and take point to lead us there." Hisuti spoke in a commanding tone.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: "So who is this Pe Ell character is he somebody important?" Doseki was still waiting for his Electronic Smart Tablet to finish triangulating the coordinates given by the message. "I should have a good heading shortly there Hitsuti if you can bear with me. Still not sure what we can do about Elerc's current dilemma though as he is down a navigator." The Jungle canopy was making getting a signal to his Tablet a problem and it was taking a while to get their current and destinations locked in...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC (As Hisuti): "I think Pe Ell is a leader of some kind. If he's from Seize, I have no business with him." Replied the water matoran. "Tell us when to move out, I'll try and figure out a way to solve Elerc's problem." Hisuti's eyepiece zoomed in on Doseki's tablet. "Doseki, about your vehicle. Is it possible for to move on its own by using autopilot?" She asked curiously.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: "Self propelled artificial intelligence Automation? What do you think this is science fiction? Sadly no. My RAT is not equip with an Autopilot and requires someone to drive it."  Was the technology out there to allow a vehicle to drive itself? Doseki was going to have to look into that tech to see if there is any grounds for such a feature.

Onua.png

GM

8 ║K C S ♝ ♞ ♜
7 ║
♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
6 ║
A … … … … … …
5 ║…
… … … … … …
4 ║… … …
… … …
3 ║… … … … … 

2 ║♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙
1 ║♖ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
—╚═══════════════
——a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h

Arkie!Pawn moved to A6, Knight moved to D4

"I'm suggesting that you entertain me, Gamma."

With a snap of his fingers, a short and stocky matoran stood up to the left of Stiehl, approaching Gamma in an all too shambling manner.

"Fights are entertaining, aren't they?"

;Unfortunately Shard, my sensory abilities are not precise enough to pinpoint people like that. I rely mostly on extensions of your own senses. For example, hearing something you heard but only faintly, or making out the details of a faraway object that you can just barely see. Another thing, I'm getting bad feelings about this. Nothing I can place, but I do have an awful lot of experience with bad feelings;

Cor Saeva heard no reply save for the winds whistling through the canyon.

Winds had a different sort of sound when they passed over deformations in the rock, like cave entrances. That kind of sound was present but faint.

...but close to it

IC: Zeleran - Circadian

"Very well."

IC: Olis - Ascension

I rapidly float to the ceiling, the metal door swiping past less than half a yard below me as I raise my gauntlet. The raging monster seems to be completely unaware of its surroundings, lashing out blindly. Not wasting time, I launch two bolts of telekinetic and gravitational force at the creature.

My eyes narrow as I lie horizontally, my back to the ceiling.

Edited by 000

Kathok

GM

8 ║ K C S
7 ║
♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
6 ║
A … … … … …

5 ║… … … … … … …
4 ║… … …
… … …

3 ║… … … … … 

2 ║♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙
1 ║♖ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘

—╚═══════════════
——a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h

Knight from G8 to H6

Rook from H1 to H4, takes Bishop

Not a moment after the ebony knight had marched past his line of pawns did the alabaster siege engine on the far corner come to life. With a terrible grinding it accelerated, crushing the black bishop and scattering bits of rock and ebony fluids over their front line.

...but close to it

Cor Saeva heard no reply save for the winds whistling through the canyon.

Winds had a different sort of sound when they passed over deformations in the rock, like cave entrances. That kind of sound was present but faint.

IC: Cor Saeva - Canyon. 

I followed the direction I'd heard the sound coming from, and soon made out the sound of the wind washing over a cave entrance. "Hello?" my voice was more of a whisper now, as I approached the cave mouth with my rifle raised. 

I rapidly float to the ceiling, the metal door swiping past less than half a yard below me as I raise my gauntlet. The raging monster seems to be completely unaware of its surroundings, lashing out blindly. Not wasting time, I launch two bolts of telekinetic and gravitational force at the creature.

My eyes narrow as I lie horizontally, my back to the ceiling.

GM IC

Unfortunately for Olis, unlike the manas outside, this mechanical monstrosity could see just fine, and was very aware of its surroundings. While the fireball earlier on had taken it by surprise, it was quickly adapting its strategy to deal with the two more powerful opponents. 

The force bolts pounded at its armoured shell, denting the metal and driving it back several steps. Servos whirred and metal screeched as it forced itself into motion once more slicing upwards with its claw towards where the Toa hovered. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Shard/Following Kain, Pe Eli, and Co.

;I understand. Let's be more wary about our surroundings. By the way, what do make of the aroma I smell earlier. I only got a small whiff of it, but was too distracted to dwell on it.;

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Elerc:

Driving the Venture near a tree, Elerc contacted the entire rescue group.

"Regroup over here, please. New events, and all that."

Then contacting Doseki, he said over the radio,

"One of us should probably man gunner position on the other's tank for maximum efficiency. We can park and hide the other one."

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC (As Hisuti): "Affirmative, moving into position." Replied the Ga-Matoran as she walked towards Elerc. "Anything new spotted? Like the source of that flowery smell we caught earlier?" Asked the matoran of water.

IC: "That seems to be the only option." Doseki replied to Elerc over the radio as he pulled up his RAT next to the Venture's current location. "Now the question is who's do we take? Mine appears to have better armor though it does not protect from all sides due to having an open-ish cockpit and gunner platform. Also my Mobility is faster due to being on four wheels instead of six legs. So if we get into trouble and require a fast escape it may be better if we have wheels instead of legs. Yours appears as though it would be more maneuverable and may be able to get into some areas easier if a bit slower than my RAT. I may have the greater firepower."

ooc: working off the following info:
Name ----------- Desert Rat ----------------- Venture
Size ----------- Medium --------------------- Fikou(Light aquatic)
Movement ------- 4-Wheel Drive -------------- 6-Legs
Speed ---------- Av. for large truck -------- Slow walk unless water travel is faster
Armaments ------ Elemental rifle ------------ Elemental coaxial
---------------- Standard Gry-Pdr Cannon ----
Range ---------- Deserts or heavy terrain --- Rivers
Armor str ------ Thick Medium to heavy ------ Very light
Mask Bonuses --- Extra horsepower ----------- Watertight seal

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

GM

;Much of the flora and fauna have changed since I was last outside that castle. I did not recognize the scent, but I do urge caution. Something about this situation has you on edge, I can tell. Never ignore your gut feelings;

The cave entrance gave no response. It was little more than a thin gash in the canyon wall, the entrance at such an angle that even if the moon or stars were out, very little light would get in.

...but close to it

IC Thak:

"Aye, but if we can't figure out these puzzles, we're more likely to starve down here. We'll keep movin'."

He gave a characteristically toothy grin, "Before we blow outta here, though, what say you an me cause a little trouble?" His orange eyes gleamed mischievously as he hopped up on the back of the Pig, clipping Big Bertha onto the rail.

IC: Cor Saeva - Canyon.

I headed back to the Ash Hound to grab a lightstone, tying it onto the barrel of my rifle before returning to the cave mouth, and heading inside....

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

;Much of the flora and fauna have changed since I was last outside that castle. I did not recognize the scent, but I do urge caution. Something about this situation has you on edge, I can tell. Never ignore your gut feelings;

IC: Shard/Following Kain, Pe Eli, and co.

He continued to follow the group.

;Alright, if you sense anything—through me of course—warn me ahead of time. And...uh...hey, that thing you did before to make me calm. Maybe you can affect my adrenaline for my fight and flight response?;

IC: Arkie (Circadian Level Two)

I yelp as the bishop is crushed. "Come on!"

IC: Suko (Ihu Foothills)

"##### the army," I growl, kicking a stone off the path and into the darkness beyond the slowly thinning trees. The fireball held in my hand flickers slightly as I march on slightly d r u n k e n l y in the general direction of Treize.

IC: Akuavo (Gate)

Promé creaks slightly as I turn her away from the sun, the light becoming blinding.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

My eyes wide, I just manage to 'jump' to the side, the gigantic claw slamming into the metal ceiling inches beside me. I drop to the floor behind the creature, attempting to push it into the opposite wall using both my mask and my element. The creature is heavy, but a combination of telekinesis and gravitational flow should be able to budge it.

Edited by 000

Kathok

GM IC: Robocrab.

The metallic monstrosity tried to dig its clawed feet into the ground, skidding and skittering across the smooth floor as Olis' attacked slammed it into the wall. Steam hissing from its open maw, it turned towards the newly-transformed Toa, fury seeming to emanate from its robotic eyes.

With a shriek of twisting metal, it charged once more, claws scything towards Olis....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Oblitus - Ascension. 

The sounds of battle had begun to fade into the distance, and I cautiously approached the elevator, wary of the Manas still loitering nearby. I couldn't activate the machine without a Ba-elemental present, so I continued on past it.

I knew this place pretty well by now, but there was so much of the facility left to explore. Those keys I'd nearly died getting my hands on had to open something, surely....

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Silat.

As the some rose over Ertrunken, The Snake pored over the map before him, trying to decide how to proceed. "Bring Lufon and Kat to me," he ordered one of the guards outside, "It's time we got moving." 

IC Kat:

It was barely dawn when a soldier approached me, and told me to go see Silat.

Still half asleep, I made my way slowly to his tent, pulling on my pilots coat as I went, trying to keep the warmth from my bed on me.

I yawned as I flipped the tent flap open and stepped inside.

"Officer on deck...." I muttered.

IC Thak:

He leaned on the crossbar, staring pointedly at his partner.

"Zarx, ya do realise yer gonna have Ta drive, right?"

Edited by Chumpu

He waited a moment for Lufon to file in after Kat before getting to his feet. "I've come to a decision," he declared grandiosely.

No one seemed impressed.  

"Very well. Vance, you and your 'Dragon' will return to Vingt where a proper team of engineers can look it over. Take this, as well," he handed him a thick, "Those are your orders for after you arrive in Vingt. Don't open them until then."

He turned to Kat. "As for you, I'm keeping you with our group here. You'll be assigned a small group of doomed NPCs low-ranking troops to follow your commands. For now, I want you to continue cataloging anything useful our teams have pulled out of the ruins and tunnels. In a few days we'll continue onwards to another location."

He paused. "Any questions?" 

IC Kat:

I folded my arms, and nodded, frowning.

"Can't say I'm looking forward to being down there again. But... Suppose it's what I signed up for. Do we have any more powerful radios? Signal isn't so good down in those tunnels, and I'd prefer to keep you in the loop, Commander."

IC Thak:

He grinned a toothy grin, priming Big Bertha.

"I invented the term, Y'know. Let's make some noise."

"Unfortunately not." 

IC Kat:

I sighed, "No, that'd be too easy. I'll use the elevator to come topside every two hours with updates, then."

I gave a formal salute to Silat and a not so formal one to Lufon.

And then quickly left before he got snippy.

IC Thak:

As they roared by the camp, Thak let out a whoop, and opened fire, sending a storm of iron pellets tearing through everything.

IC: Lufon Vance - Etrunken.

"Dismissed," Silat said to me, gesturing for me to head out. I nodded, and gave a quick salute before leaving the tent and heading towards where the Dragon still stood. I couldn't help but wonder what the orders Silat had left for me were....

GM IC: 

Back in the storeroom where the Dragon had been found, a handful of Vingt troops were busily sifting through the crates of weaponry and technology left behind. As they worked, however, one of them came across a crumbling tunnel entrance in one of the walls - half-hidden, perhaps even barricaded by - a pile of heavy crates. 

Squeezing through the gap, one of the Matoran headed into the tunnel, a lone lightstone illuminating his path. Only a few moments later, his screams echoed through the storeroom, and then.... something.... exploded out of the tunnel, eyes burning with madness, claws scything down all who stood in its path....

....time passed, and the screams faded. All was silent once more. 

IC Kat:

It was a couple hours march out to the elevator, and the Troops for the most part didn't have Exo's. One light tank accompanied our group, and several of them took turns riding on the armor's metal hull.

I grinned. These were soldiers I could relate to. Regular men and women serving their country.

"Silat, this is Kat. We've reached the elevator, and Will be out if contact for the next two hours. Over."

GM IC:  

"Understood." The Snake's voice crackled, then the radio fell silent. 

As the elevator and its occupants descended into the storeroom, they were met with a grim sight. The soldiers who'd been left behind to clear up were dead, in pieces. Blood stained the walls, limbs and broken body parts were scattered all around.

What could've caused this?

IC Kat:

Lightstones flickered as they were pulled out of bags.

I turned on the front lamp, and my voice grated out from my Exo.

"Easy boys. Stick together, and check your corners. Yell if you find something."

I passed the flood lamp over the room, hoping to figure out what had attacked the soldiers. Or at least where it had gone.

The soldiers fanned out in pairs, looking incredibly nervous. I didn't blame them.

The light armor stayed on the platform, to provide cover.

GM IC: 

Claw marks on the floor and the blood trails of something being dragged away shone brightly in the light of the floodlamp. If one were to follow those trails they would notice a tunnel entrance torn out of one of the walls, surrounded by shattered weapon crates.