Bioshock protector?

Triple

Had this idea ever since I got the protector of water. Haven't yet thought of a name yet. Basically I wanted people to sea a protector that looked like a Big Daddy from the Bioshock games. Hope he makes ya bubble with ADAM-induced glee!

(sorry for all the bad puns and references, I'm really trying okay?) 

front:

16311011122_2e00078543_b.jpg

16124296778_40eb2565df_b.jpg

15689438404_64a6b7beb8_b.jpg

16125994977_87b220fc86_b.jpg

Edited by Dr. Chronos
  • Upvote 17

16311869655_9f57a9bb3b.jpg

Who touched Sasha! WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!

First off, thanks for all the replies

I like the front head cage thing, as well as the usage of parts.

Thanks, the cage took 3 tries but it was worth it.

I'm not a fan of the two tires on the legs but other than that, it's pretty cool looking.

You see, the rest of the body was so huge that those bones looked to thin. I see what you're talking about though.

This should be a set! I have no idea what Bioshock is but this is cool! 5/5 would buy in TRU. The only thing I would change would be bigger feet.

Thanks! Bioshock was a game about an underwater city that goes crazy, and this creation is based off one of the most iconic characters in the game; Big Daddy

I love the face-cage, and the colors are done really well. The Protector mask doesn't look much like a Big Daddy, however disregarding that, it works nicely.

Originally, I was going to put more yellow lights on the cage to make it look more like Big Daddy's head. I didn't really like the way it looked so I just kept the bottom 2.

I love this, it is really awesome.

I wish I had any building skills whatsoever but I do not.

Don't give up on yourself! You gotta believe! (I know it sounds like something on a cat poster, but its true)
  • Upvote 1

After seeing BonkersforBonkles' Relay Swimmer, I've been wanting to make a diving suit protector, but looks like you beat me to it. And you made it much cooler than I could. :D

The inspiration is plain from the design, and I really like the colors. It really looks like a heavy gold suit around a Protector. Great MOC, you earned yourself another follower.

The Big Daddy is such an awesome character design, and your take on a Protector version of it is really capturing it well.

I love the cage a lot. You nailed that.

I'm also not a huge fan of the tires, though (generally never have been). The bones really would have been too thin alone, but the tires didn't help that much. Some other armor might have been better.

Overall though, I like what you've got here.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

This looks really cool. I don't even play the Bioshock games and never have. Still recognized this for what it was. Not sure about the masks on his butt and back.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

After seeing BonkersforBonkles' Relay Swimmer, I've been wanting to make a diving suit protector, but looks like you beat me to it. And you made it much cooler than I could. :D

The inspiration is plain from the design, and I really like the colors. It really looks like a heavy gold suit around a Protector. Great MOC, you earned yourself another follower.

Thank you! I'd like to see other diving suit protectors as well  :)

The Big Daddy is such an awesome character design, and your take on a Protector version of it is really capturing it well.

I love the cage a lot. You nailed that.

I'm also not a huge fan of the tires, though (generally never have been). The bones really would have been too thin alone, but the tires didn't help that much. Some other armor might have been better.

Overall though, I like what you've got here.

~|ET|~

Yeah I'm not to satisfied with the tire solution, but due to part restrictions and those glorious trans blue bones I decided to go with it. Maybe ill change it in future versions.

This looks really cool. I don't even play the Bioshock games and never have. Still recognized this for what it was. Not sure about the masks on his butt and back.

Looking at them from the back directly is a bit awkward, but from the the side those masks make the body more rounded.

It looks awesome! Definitly feels like a big daddy from Bioshock :)

Thanks!  :D

Even if I hadn't read the name, I would have immediately recognised this as Big Daddy-inspired. The 'diving helmet' wires are recognisable without obscuring the fact that it's a Protector.

• Upvote 1

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Hey that's very cool, nice Big Daddy! One suggestion? I think it needs to lose the face... Big Daddy's helmet/face/whatever was always completely plain and epressionless so to have a protector mask visible in there kind of spoils the otherwise perfect symettry between source and MOC I think. Have you perhaps thought of using a black borhrok face shield (from the exo-toa) to go inside the pipes and conceal his face? I can only imagine how tricky this would be but it MIHGT work and if the size is right I think it's definitely worth a try. You could even use a black one beneath and then a trans one (from the bohrok) on top of it to make it look more like actual glass than just a black ball...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!