Advice for Dealing With Large Lego Collection

Hasreadit

Ok, so I've been collecting Lego system sets since I was five, and now that I'm sixteen I've amassed quite the collection. For a period of six years, my little brother destroyed my Legos so most of my pre 2008 Legos have been destroyed and are in my little brothers room. Since I'm about to go to college in a couple of years, I wanted to rebuild my old sets while I still have the time to. Also, I'd love some advice on how to maintain and store completed sets without fear of them breaking. Thanks!

Rebuild, and dismantle into bags for each set. Store in a box. Job done. If you want them all built, you're gonna need a ton of shelves. As far as cleaning goes, you can actually get away with hoovering, though be VERY careful about it. The other option is wiping with a damp cloth. Also keep you brother away from your sets. Hope this helps.

-Bike

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I reckon Bike has pretty much nailed it, though I wouldn't advise the hoovering :P If you do try that you can use something like tights over the nozzle to stop it sucking pieces up but it's still tough to get right. I'd advise that you'd be better off storing them dismantled (as Bike said) and only build maybe one or two of your favourites. You won't be there to enjoy them anyway and nothing takes more awkward cleaning than Lego!

Top tip. I use a big paintbrush to clean particularly dusty sets, just take off fiddly bits and clean them separately ;)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I store my system sets disassembled in Ziploc bags with their instructions. I think you can fit the largest Lego sets in a 2-gallon one. I store my Bionicle/constraction sets fully built, but also in Ziploc bags.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

That's a constant problem I've had. I've got such a large collection, and I only have so many shelves, tables and boxes. 

Having a table really helps. You can still keep your sets on display, and it's a great working place if you like System MOCing.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

• 4 weeks later...

That's a constant problem I've had. I've got such a large collection, and I only have so many shelves, tables and boxes.

Having a table really helps. You can still keep your sets on display, and it's a great working place if you like System MOCing.

Thanks so much for all your help guys