BZP nostalgia

Tahu3.0

While I generally appreciate how far BZP's come, I can't help but hold some nostalgia for the crazy old days, especially the anarchic early days of the blogs (which generally might as well have just been called the SPAM ZONE). Anyone remember the second Fruit War?

I don't. Please explaaain.

It was a ridiculous open RP in the comments to a blog entry. Pick a fruit to support, and from there anything goes. The first Fruit War (which I was not a part of) was apparently done in COT before the rules on RPGs were clarified to make clear rules and structure a requirement. When the blogs became a thing, someone made a blog entry for a second Fruit War. My brother and I, newbies to the forum game, supported the Lemon Club (I guess you had to be there).

Eventually that war got shut down when the rules of the blogs were similarly clarified. Not before the entry got a truly ludicrous number of comments, though. I don't know if I'd do it again, given the chance, but at the time, it was fun as heck.

I...am confused  :bored:  what are fruit wars?

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

I...am confused   :bored:  what are fruit wars?

Some things are best left to legend.

Even if we had ridiculous things going on like Fruit Wars (I never was a part of that either, so you ain't alone, Doublebee) there was always some sort of order that came out of the chaos. That's kind of what I liked about the old BZP.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Ah, now here's a classic that I'll never forget:

ohmanhowdoicomputerspleasedohelp.png

Even today on the archives, it still gets in the way and makes me want to throw my Desktop out the window :P

Glad to find my old Comics topic survived, though!

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)