Awakening Mata Nui

I see that the question has been answered by Vox, but I'll put the list here for easier reading.

1. Seal Volcanoes on the Southern Islands.

2. Retrieve the Staff of Arthaka, use it.

3. Retrieve the Heart of the Visorak, destroy the hoard.

4. Release the Bohrok.

5. Record the Red Star's location from the Great Telescope on the Red Star. 

Something also had to happen with Karda Nui, but it wasn't on the list.

What doesn't make sense is that the Scroll was made by the Great Beings, and it mentioned the Heart of the Visorak. The problem is that the Visorak were made by the Makuta. Did they name the species after the artifact? Also, how did they know what name Vakama would give to the camouflage island? (Mata Nui)

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

It's been theorized the Order wrote more steps on the Scroll later.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

What doesn't make sense is that the Scroll was made by the Great Beings, and it mentioned the Heart of the Visorak. The problem is that the Visorak were made by the Makuta. Did they name the species after the artifact? Also, how did they know what name Vakama would give to the camouflage island? (Mata Nui)

Or, rather, that the items on the list are translated differently for us, the readers.

For example, it didn't say "island of Mata Nui." Instead, it read, "island above Metru Nui." We as the readers know what the island was called. The items on that list were written for simplicity's sake. That is not the actual wording, since we never actually got the list in any of the books or serials, leaving them open to interpretation.

EDIT: On that note, I believe there were other tasks they had to accomplish. However, BS01 only lists the ones we saw the Nuva accomplish.

Edited by ~T1S~
  • Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I see that the question has been answered by Vox, but I'll put the list here for easier reading.

1. Seal Volcanoes on the Southern Islands.

2. Retrieve the Staff of Arthaka, use it.

3. Retrieve the Heart of the Visorak, destroy the hoard.

4. Release the Bohrok.

5. Record the Red Star's location from the Great Telescope on the Red Star. 

Something also had to happen with Karda Nui, but it wasn't on the list.

Do we know why the volcanoes had to be sealed? Obviously they were vomiting death on anything that came nearby, but I wonder if they were also an indicator of breached rockets in the robot's feet that were seeping into the MU.

I presume the Karda Nui bit was something along the lines of tossing in the Mask of Life and running away as fast as you could. :P

Or, rather, that the items on the list are translated differently for us, the readers.

For example, it didn't say "island of Mata Nui." Instead, it read, "island above Metru Nui." We as the readers know what the island was called. The items on that list were written for simplicity's sake. That is not the actual wording, since we never actually got the list in any of the books or serials, leaving them open to interpretation.

I support this idea. We got most of the scroll through the serials, so there was no actual transcript.

• Upvote 1

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui