Summer Bionicle Set Info Revealed at Toy Fair

It looks like the guys at Brickset were also at the London Toy Fair today and shared some info they learned. This includes the set numbers, names, and British prices of the summer Bionicle sets. Four of them are villains, and the the last is a villain and the 'Mask Maker,' who I'm sure we'll learn more about in the future. There's information about other LEGO sets coming out next year too, so make sure you check it out. February and New York Toy Fair with the opportunity to take pictures can't come soon enough!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

So... Skull Scorpio? Well, this happened:

I might try my hand at a Nui-Jaga revamp like this Nui-Rama one. The Nui-Jaga is the second-smallest 2001 Rahi and as such the second-simplest in terms of its function. That means recreating and potentially even improving upon it should be no great imposition. My only worry is the possibility that the 2015 summer sets might include a "Lord of Skull Scorpions" or the like...

Lyichir = Time Traveler CONFIRMED. :P

I'll definitely be watching this topic. Always interesting what BZPower will figure out with such sensational news.

• Upvote 3

Skull Warrior.

Skull Slicer.

Skull Basher.

Skull Scorpio

Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder.

Those are the names of the summer Bionicle sets in the link above. I just felt like typing them all out now that their names have been revealed. :P

Also, who wants to bet 'Mask Maker' is either Ekimu or Makuta. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I might try my hand at a Nui-Jaga revamp like this Nui-Rama one. The Nui-Jaga is the second-smallest 2001 Rahi and as such the second-simplest in terms of its function. That means recreating and potentially even improving upon it should be no great imposition. My only worry is the possibility that the 2015 summer sets might include a "Lord of Skull Scorpions" or the like...

I'll definitely be watching this topic. Always interesting what BZPower will figure out with such sensational news.

Oh c'mon, it's obvious he's been on Eurobricks and has been listening to the leaks lately... :P  :P  :P

Skull Warrior.

Skull Slicer.

Skull Basher.

Skull Scorpio

Those are the names of the summer Bionicle sets in the link above. I just felt like typing them all out now that their names have been revealed. :P

I bet a Kanohi that it's going to be Ekimu. I'm also certain that that will be the set with the Mask of Creation, because what other set would you put it in? I hope Ekimu has his Protector-style mask.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Oh man, we're already starting proper canister-sized villains-- Classic Bionicle didn't get those until the Rahkshi in 2003, and even then they were all clones. I'm very excited, they sound really quite menacing and terrifying. I'm excited for the dark colors and sparse but varied splashes of the main colors, and what sounds like a titan/bundle set? I dunno what to make of the torn cloth description, but it sounds really neat. Dying to find out what they look like! :D

Is this the whole second wave lineup, or can we expect new small sets or proper titan sets on the horizon?

Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Here is a link to a post BZP Member Tamarutoe made in the Official Bionicle 2015 Topic that has descriptions of the sets, if anyone is interested.

Edited by The Master Sword
  • Upvote 3

pc0lX6T.png

I really just hope Skull Grinder is taller than Tahu (the tallest set currently). I just can't stand having a toa look down to an enemy. At least one of these bad guys needs to be really big. Also, if skull grinder and mask maker are just the set names for Ekimu and MoUP makuta, that's awesome.

Edited by TheSpecial
  • Upvote 2

I really just hope Skull Grinder is taller than Tahu (the tallest set currently). I just can't stand having a toa look down to an enemy. At least one of these bad guys needs to be really big. Also, if skull grinder and mask maker are just the set names for Ekimu and MoUP makuta, that's awesome.

I TOTALLY know what you mean. 

• Upvote 1

Oh yippee, more generic non-names!

(But a whole wave of villains is what I wanted, so actual yay for that.)

~|ET|~

They may be generic, but they're still pretty cool (if a little cheesey). Skull Slicer? Skull Basher? Skull Grinder? Sounds like some serious business.

Skull Grinder sounds like a death-metal band name.

• Upvote 5

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

~|ET|~

They may be generic, but they're still pretty cool (if a little cheesey). Skull Slicer? Skull Basher? Skull Grinder? Sounds like some serious business.

Exactly what Bionicle has been needing. Talking of skulls, I'm the most excited to see how LEGO does their heads- LOSS's didn't really look reminiscent of a skull, so I'm wondering what'll be thrown together for these dudes.

Edited by Gukko Lord
  • Upvote 1

Oh c'mon, it's obvious he's been on Eurobricks and has been listening to the leaks lately... :P  :P  :P

Was it that obvious? :P

I figured I was safe speaking hypothetically, since I had considered the possibility of such a set long before the set names leaked. The actual uncertainty after having heard the leaked names was less "Will there be such a set?" but rather "What will it be like?" If "Skull Scorpio" is a more traditional, Nui-Jaga-like scorpion it'll probably be better than what I could come up with... but given the overall lack of details about the individual sets (even now), it could be something like Vorox for all we know.

Anywho, other assorted thoughts on the sets...

I have zero doubt that the "Mask Maker" is Ekimu. It'd make no sense to call Makuta that, since he has been referred to more recently by the title "Mask Hoarder". And the point of the descriptive titles is to convey MORE information to buyers, so it'd be counterproductive to introduce a new Mask Maker after all this just to lead us astray. The price point of "Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder" also fits with what I had hypothesized an Ekimu set would be like—since Ekimu as he appeared in the animations would fit somewhere between the $10 and $15 price points, packaging him with another character or adversary would help him to hit a more appropriate price point (putting the Mask of Creation in the biggest set of the year, to boot).

Huw's descriptions of the sets are tantalizing but frustratingly vague. New panel pieces that look a bit like torn cloth? That could be an interesting element... but that description also fits the leaf/pod elements from last year's Hero Factory range somewhat, so for all we know Huw (who is even less interested in HF than he is in Bionicle) might have mistaken THAT for a new piece. If they are new pieces, I'm uncertain how much I'll like them... they sound a bit too organic for my liking, but again, it's hard to tell from such a vague comparison. "Feature color" sounds like it's describing a color scheme akin to Lord of Skull Spiders—predominantly black with a bright accent color.

Can't wait to actually see these sets come New York Toy Fair!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

...Only 5 sets for summer ?  :(

Better than getting no sets, right? 

And who knows? Maybe the quality of these sets will make up for the fact that there is only five of them. I guess we'll see when we get pictures of them. 

pc0lX6T.png

Interesting that they're not following the old formula of 6 by 6 with a few large and small sets thrown in. I actually welcome this - sometimes six just felt like too many. It was perfect with the Piraka and Barraki, but with more clone-like sets like Vahki it simply felt repetitive. We all know that argument, though!

At this point I have no doubt I'll be getting all of the sets. I couldn't afford it before except once every couple of years, and even then, it was just a full set of 6 and not the entire year. Now that BIONICLE is back, I should simply treat myself to the full collection. :)

• Upvote 4

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

Oh man, we're already starting proper canister-sized villains-- Classic Bionicle didn't get those until the Rahkshi in 2003, and even then they were all clones. I'm very excited, they sound really quite menacing and terrifying. I'm excited for the dark colors and sparse but varied splashes of the main colors, and what sounds like a titan/bundle set? I dunno what to make of the torn cloth description, but it sounds really neat. Dying to find out what they look like! :D

Is this the whole second wave lineup, or can we expect new small sets or proper titan sets on the horizon?

Any reason why you are not including the Bohrok?  :???:  I know in the end they weren't really villains, but they certainly counted back then.

I think that is because the Lord of Skull Spiders was released early. In all, we have 6 villain sets. I'm even willing to bet that these sets will be the other Bionicle primary colors besides black because of LoSS. Plus, now that some of the main characters are Titan sized, it doesn't seem like they would add extra Titan characters.

The thing that I am a bit sad about is that Makuta will probably not be released this year. I'm taking this guess because we know that Ekimu's mask exists in a physical form through the Gold mask competition, so the Mask Maker will probably be him.

On the other hand, the fact that Ekimu is waking up before the main villain has some very exciting story possibilities.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Skull Warrior.

Skull Slicer.

Skull Basher.

Skull Scorpio

These sets are proof that any villain can sound cool if you add "Skull" before it's name. (sarcasm) I'm actually betting these will be reminiscent of the Rahi back in '01, being as various and differing in form as they were. Better than the Rahkshi/Vahki/God-knows-how-many-more-waves-of-villains at any rate. I am looking forward to these sets, despite my criticisms.

I'm betting the Mask Maker is Ekimu. I doubt it could be anyone else, although anything can happen.

• Upvote 1

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

So instead of posting all this in the prior topic the OP had he started, he made another topic not but an hour or so after? Anyway I am excited for the Skull Scorpio, and yes I guess the Mask maker though maybe not as much as others here. I missed my chance at the Nui-Jaga of Gen1 as well as the others. The only Rahi I remember getting was the Nui-Rama Wasps.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Any reason why you are not including the Bohrok?  :???:  I know in the end they weren't really villains, but they certainly counted back then.

They weren't really "proper cansiter-sized", they had little baby half canisters. I was focusing on the apparent size of these guys.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Interesting that they're not following the old formula of 6 by 6 with a few large and small sets thrown in. I actually welcome this - sometimes six just felt like too many. It was perfect with the Piraka and Barraki, but with more clone-like sets like Vahki it simply felt repetitive. We all know that argument, though!

At this point I have no doubt I'll be getting all of the sets. I couldn't afford it before except once every couple of years, and even then, it was just a full set of 6 and not the entire year. Now that BIONICLE is back, I should simply treat myself to the full collection. :)

I feel the same way with the clone sets in the original run. Like you, I also intend on getting all of the sets, as I feel that the set quality has improved greatly, despite what some people say about CCBS. 

I can't wait to see images of the new sets. As I'm waiting, I'll be playing with my recently arrived package of the early 2015 Bionicle sets.

This is amazing news! £80 for the whole wave?! I don't know why people keep suggesting we're only getting 5 sets, there are six characters total just like the old days. The only difference is that two of them are boxed together (which I totally called by the way!) It's certainyl different that we're only getting 5 bad guys in this wave (perhaps that's what others mean too?) but maybe we're meant to count the LoSS as number 6. I think it's unlikely as these new sets seem to be CCBS builds and LoSS is a technic semi-titan but who knows what they have planned!

Question for anyone that may know. Does the fact that only these 5 sets were shown mean tehre DEFINITELY won't be any more in the summer wave? PErhaps smaller sets will be released as well but they just aren't ready yet... Personally though I welcome the exclusion of the small sets. I've always found them to be rather poor, especially in comparison to the larger canister sets. And of course if they release more in the Summer I'll have to buy them, which I'd rather not have to do :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I think that is because the Lord of Skull Spiders was released early. In all, we have 6 villain sets. I'm even willing to bet that these sets will be the other Bionicle primary colors besides black because of LoSS. Plus, now that some of the main characters are Titan sized, it doesn't seem like they would add extra Titan characters.

Actually, the way Huw describes them, it sounds to me like they will all be black with brighter accent colors, kind of like how Lord of Skull Spiders was black with Tr. Flu. Reddish Orange accents. As he says, "Although they were each a different 'feature colour' there wasn't much of it used."

I'm definitely excited for these sets! I'm not really bothered by the names at all. I like descriptive names. And it's a little surprising how resistant so many people are to these kinds of names given how popular The Shadowed One seemed to be as a character.

I hope the action words in many of the names mean these sets will have some interesting action features.

• Upvote 2

Probably also worth considering that technically the winter wave had seven "canister-sized" sets, counting Lord of Skull Spiders. Taking him into account, there will still be six villains, six heroes, and six villagers (plus the Mask Maker, of course).

Also, 2001 ALSO had a "second wave" with only five sets: Nui-Rama, Nui-Jaga, Tarakava, Muaka and Kane-Ra, and Manas. I doubt that consideration played any part in Lego's release schedule for this year, but it's still an interesting coincidence.

Edited by Lyichir

~|ET|~

Pretty much every brutal death(whatever core/metal/grind) band has a name like that :P, so I admit I chuckled when I saw that comment.  That said, I'm excited for the Summer sets :o.  Thank heavens there are only 5 of them; I'm still recovering money-wise from the ~$200 blow to my bank account the Winter wave brought upon me.

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

Skull Warrior.

Skull Slicer.

Skull Basher.

Skull Scorpio

I bet a Kanohi that it's going to be Ekimu. I'm also certain that that will be the set with the Mask of Creation, because what other set would you put it in? I hope Ekimu has his Protector-style mask.

I'm hoping that they at least include the Mask of Creation, I'd totally use that on a MOC.

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Skull Warrior.

Skull Slicer.

Skull Basher.

Skull Scorpio

I'm hoping that they at least include the Mask of Creation, I'd totally use that on a MOC.

Even if that particular set doesn't include the Mask of Creation (and in all likelihood it will), one of the other sets will. There's zero chance that the mask will go unreleased, because we know for a fact that a mold exists (thanks to the 14-carat gold version), and Lego doesn't produce >$10,000 molds for one-of-a-kind items.

Actually, the way Huw describes them, it sounds to me like they will all be black with brighter accent colors, kind of like how Lord of Skull Spiders was black with Tr. Flu. Reddish Orange accents. As he says, "Although they were each a different 'feature colour' there wasn't much of it used."

I'm definitely excited for these sets! I'm not really bothered by the names at all. I like descriptive names. And it's a little surprising how resistant so many people are to these kinds of names given how popular The Shadowed One seemed to be as a character.

I hope the action words in many of the names mean these sets will have some interesting action features.

Developing a good, interesting character and that character having an actual name are mutually exclusive. I do love The Shadowed One, but I never cared for his generic name.

These ones are much better than "Protector of ____" and actually descriptive. That's a plus for what they are.

But I still absolutely want names, not only titles or descriptors.

The Protectors following the format of the Toa, that is "____ - Protector of ___" would have been a fantastic solution. Or "___ the Skull Grinder." Yes, I get it, people found the excessive use of names confusing. I would never argue against that. But you definitely can get too generic and have it likewise be offputting.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris
  • Upvote 7

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Well, we could have Makuta in this set because there was a leaked image of the Mask of Ultimate Power in the LEGOClub magazine, but...

Probably not because we had to wait 3 years last time for a Makuta set!

But then, how would Ekimu be in a set? Canon conflict!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Well, we could have Makuta in this set because there was a leaked image of the Mask of Ultimate Power in the LEGOClub magazine, but...

Probably not because we had to wait 3 years last time for a Makuta set!

But then, how would Ekimu be in a set? Canon conflict!

Officially published media isn't a leak, and perhaps the mask on the back of that pamphlet is actually a summer set's mask and not the Mask of Ultimate Power?

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg