Theory: G2 a Distant Past Version of G1

EDIT: Forgot to make this point

Then Artakha has to have been influenced somehow to make the Mata according to an exact design from Great Being legends - it just adds more unlikeliness.

The gen 1 Toa are COMPLETELY different to the Gen 2 masters, significantly inferior in every way. So the Toa Mata have been copied from the Masters but they're by no means the same. They don't even function correctly without their masks! It's almost as if an Asian toy company saw some excellent Lego set and decided to copy it poorly and sell it as their own. Funny that isn't it :P

Wait, what? The Gen 1 Toa have a full set of elemental abilities right out of the canister, plus a mask ability, plus the ability to get more masks. By contrast, the Gen 2 Toa have to collect masks just to get their full elemental abilities!

There is no question in my mind - storywise, the Gen 1 Toa would kick the Gen 2 Toa's tails. 

Anyone can feel free to try and prove me wrong if there is actual canon somewhere stating that Vakama's crafted Vahi was in fact without a doubt the very first of its kind.

Here. Barring some pointless and detrimental link to G2, the Vahi in G1 was made by Vakama. The reason it's called 'the Vahi' is because like the ignika, there is and has ever been only one of them.

Vakama made the Vahi after centuries of speculation as to whether such a thing was possible, much like the Wright brothers building a plane after centuries of men wishing to fly. It doesn't mean there was some myth of a plane that inspires the Wright brothers to make one. They did because they had others' failed experiments to work from.

I love the way that half this forum has gone rabid over the idea that the Vahi Easter egg is the key that will prove that G1 is linked to G2. They're not. It's separate. Go try figure out the kanoka discs necessary to make a mask of control if you want to mix generations.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

^Regitnui has a point, from what we know the Vahi could only be made from combining the Great Disks, and only six of those were ever made by Artahkha.  So, even apart from BS01's proclamation (which we've got to take at face value) that Vakama's Vahi was the only one ever made, it seems like no one could've made one before him that we wouldn't've known about, unless there are alternate methods of creating the Vahi besides using the Great Disks.

It's still interesting, though, the place the Vahi holds within Bionicle.  It is the only Legendary Kanohi not made by the Great Beings directly, plus it was the first Kanohi ever designed.  Now that second fact alone may be reason enough to use it as the easter egg for old fans in G2, but I'm not inclined to take Regitnui's side entirely and say that's all there is:  we've also got references to a Temple of Time (plus the Toa being called "timeless" heroes), and combining that with the constant appearance of the mask, I think we've got to at least admit that something's going on in which Time will be relevant.

I don't think this at all means that it has to be a connection to G1 (even in my original theory here, I didn't figure the Vahi as anything but a symbolic representation of G2 taking place in the past), but it's got to be relevant.

8NHf8fu.png

Everything is some kind of a plot, man.

There are far to many post for me to read at this hour of the night, so I'm not sure if this has come up, but wasn't it mentioned shortly after the launch of Hero Factory that it shared a universe with bionicle? If so, wouldn't it be plausible to think that it instead shares the universe with g2 rather than g1? or even it could be in the distant past of the hero factory timeline and inspired the heroes that they build in the current time?

Wait, what? The Gen 1 Toa have a full set of elemental abilities right out of the canister, plus a mask ability, plus the ability to get more masks. By contrast, the Gen 2 Toa have to collect masks just to get their full elemental abilities!

There is no question in my mind - storywise, the Gen 1 Toa would kick the Gen 2 Toa's tails. 

I see where you're going with this but I think it's the mask powers that give Gen 1 Toa the edge over Gen 2 if anything, out of the canister I don't think they would've been strong enough to take on the Masters, even WITH their elemental powers (which the Masters initially lack) What I'm suggesting (not endorsing!) is that potentially the Mata could simply be an attempt to recreate the Masters in some sort of functional homage. They wouldn't be the same or even look the same and the fact that (we think) the Masters are more organic than the beings in Gen 1 means it would be impossible to accurately recreate them anyway. In my opinion, I think the Masters are at least at the same power level as the Toa Nuva. (before anyone gets any masks) but of course that's just my opinion on it and we'll most likely never be told so we'll never actually know for sure. As for the Mata being inferior replicas, I know it's all down to the technology used to make the sets (an argument I made often) but look at the set representations of the Mata compared to the Masters. The Mata have totally exposed limbs and fairly unimpressive gear when compared to the bulky, Masters and their gigantic weapons!

Here. Barring some pointless and detrimental link to G2, the Vahi in G1 was made by Vakama. The reason it's called 'the Vahi' is because like the ignika, there is and has ever been only one of them.

Vakama made the Vahi after centuries of speculation as to whether such a thing was possible, much like the Wright brothers building a plane after centuries of men wishing to fly. It doesn't mean there was some myth of a plane that inspires the Wright brothers to make one. They did because they had others' failed experiments to work from.

I love the way that half this forum has gone rabid over the idea that the Vahi Easter egg is the key that will prove that G1 is linked to G2. They're not. It's separate. Go try figure out the kanoka discs necessary to make a mask of control if you want to mix generations.

But it could just mean there has only ever been one of them in Gen 1... We don't know where that text originally came from or in what context and don't forget the 'lying narrator' device which would mean this could still be a literal translation from official media but still be open to official retconning in theory. 

What made Vakama start trying to make the Vahi? I don't recall a great deal of information on it outside of the movie but perhaps it was in the books which I never read? I was always under the impression that Teridax had requested it to be made by Vakama though. Besides, just because Vakama needed the 6 great disks to make the Vahi, that doesn't mean it's the only way by any means does it... Sure his other attempts failed but they were all close. Perhaps if he had been experimenting with Kanohi he would have had different results. After all it's not like the Wright brothers plane ONLY succeeded because they used the right material but more that they got the principles of flight pinned down enough to be able to overcome them with the technology they had available at the time. I'd also suggest that flying and time travel are very different beasts. Man has seen animals flying over them for all of history and no doubt a large percentage of them were curious about how they could do it too. Time travel though? Not many people have ever encountered a crazy haired Doc in a flaming Delorean and gone 'Hmm... Maybe I could do that!' So why on earth would Vakama start trying to make a mask of time just on the off chance it MAY be possible? Why didn't he also try making a mask of Creation? A mask of hair extension sounds more feasible, why not start small (and before the critics chime in, roodaka sort of had hair :P

Anywya I'm not a advocate of gen-linking but I like this theory so will continue to back it for the time being. I'm not convinced that ANY information we have about the Vahi suggests that it can ONLY be made once and ONLY by Vakama and ONLY by fusing the 6 great disks. Come on, it was a storytelling device in a kid's toy line. I mean think about it, why do the other Toa Metru even HAVE great disks when they HAVE NO LAUNCHERS?! I'd also be interested to hear any information either confirming or refuting the suggestion that Vakama made this mask off his own back rather than because Teridax/Dume told him too. Literally every time we see Dume and Vakama together he's basically come to check up on progress after all. Sounds more like a comission than a hobby to me!

^Regitnui has a point, from what we know the Vahi could only be made from combining the Great Disks, and only six of those were ever made by Artahkha.  So, even apart from BS01's proclamation (which we've got to take at face value) that Vakama's Vahi was the only one ever made, it seems like no one could've made one before him that we wouldn't've known about, unless there are alternate methods of creating the Vahi besides using the Great Disks.

It's still interesting, though, the place the Vahi holds within Bionicle.  It is the only Legendary Kanohi not made by the Great Beings directly, plus it was the first Kanohi ever designed.  Now that second fact alone may be reason enough to use it as the easter egg for old fans in G2, but I'm not inclined to take Regitnui's side entirely and say that's all there is:  we've also got references to a Temple of Time (plus the Toa being called "timeless" heroes), and combining that with the constant appearance of the mask, I think we've got to at least admit that something's going on in which Time will be relevant.

I don't think this at all means that it has to be a connection to G1 (even in my original theory here, I didn't figure the Vahi as anything but a symbolic representation of G2 taking place in the past), but it's got to be relevant.

I disagree, I'd suggest that ANYTHING could've happened before Gen 1 that we wouldn't know about. I even said as much in my last post :D There's no reason why the Vahi couldn't be created from different items/materials as discussed above and there's certainly no reason why only Vakama couldmake them. 

It could most definitely just be an easter egg as it is the first and oldest mask so it's a nice fan shoutout, I agree that time does seem to have a strong presence in Gen 2 so far though so it's highly likely that TIME is featured in the upcoming story, even if the Vahi itself isn't present and is more of a throwback/teaser.

Again, I'm not a fan of Gen-linking but as long as this one has enough merits to support itself I'll be here to fight it's corner :P I think my previous post quite happily explains the presence of Makuta and the Vahi in Gen 1 (if that is to be considered the far future) and of course that's just one of many interpretations of what 'could' happen between now and then. I think the difference between this theory and most (if not all) others is that it doesn't contradict any pre-established facts because it takes place at a time we know nothing about. All the other theories stating Gen 2 is a 'sequel' have no way of explaining the presence of Makuta, who Ekimu is, the absence of Mata Nui, why the Toa left Spherus Magna, and a whole host of other things that just don't make sense. Writing on a blank canvas is much easier than trying to work around a sea of established facts after all!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

But it could just mean there has only ever been one of them in Gen 1... We don't know where that text originally came from or in what context and don't forget the 'lying narrator' device which would mean this could still be a literal translation from official media but still be open to official retconning in theory.

What made Vakama start trying to make the Vahi? I don't recall a great deal of information on it outside of the movie but perhaps it was in the books which I never read? I was always under the impression that Teridax had requested it to be made by Vakama though. Besides, just because Vakama needed the 6 great disks to make the Vahi, that doesn't mean it's the only way by any means does it... Sure his other attempts failed but they were all close. Perhaps if he had been experimenting with Kanohi he would have had different results. After all it's not like the Wright brothers plane ONLY succeeded because they used the right material but more that they got the principles of flight pinned down enough to be able to overcome them with the technology they had available at the time. I'd also suggest that flying and time travel are very different beasts. Man has seen animals flying over them for all of history and no doubt a large percentage of them were curious about how they could do it too. Time travel though? Not many people have ever encountered a crazy haired Doc in a flaming Delorean and gone 'Hmm... Maybe I could do that!' So why on earth would Vakama start trying to make a mask of time just on the off chance it MAY be possible? Why didn't he also try making a mask of Creation? A mask of hair extension sounds more feasible, why not start small (and before the critics chime in, roodaka sort of had hair :P)

Anywya I'm not a advocate of gen-linking but I like this theory so will continue to back it for the time being. I'm not convinced that ANY information we have about the Vahi suggests that it can ONLY be made once and ONLY by Vakama and ONLY by fusing the 6 great disks. Come on, it was a storytelling device in a kid's toy line. I mean think about it, why do the other Toa Metru even HAVE great disks when they HAVE NO LAUNCHERS?! I'd also be interested to hear any information either confirming or refuting the suggestion that Vakama made this mask off his own back rather than because Teridax/Dume told him too. Literally every time we see Dume and Vakama together he's basically come to check up on progress after all. Sounds more like a comission than a hobby to me!

Bwuh... Did you even read the Vahi article or just scan the first paragraph? I'm not going to spoonfeed you the reasons why you completely misunderstood the Vahi, the surrounding plot and the context. If you have no idea what the Vahi is beyond "Mask of Time", it might be a good idea to learn before trying to debate with people who lived through and enjoyed the storyline you're massacring in ignorance.

The Vahi could not do time travel.

The Metru gathered the Great Discs to prove their worth as Toa.

Vakama was the beat maskmaker in the city. Makuta Teridax commissioned him to make the Vahi.

All the information we have about the Vahi says that it could only be created once, being a legendary mask and made of unique components.

And for Artakha and Ekimu's sake, STOP MIXING GEN1 AND GEN2 LORE! The Vahi isn't in G2. By virtue of being called the Vahi, it is exclusively a g1 mask. Kanohi names and the entire matoran language does not exist in G2.

Now go read the full article on the Vahi before trying to convince people who know better that a legendary mask was made twice despite all evidence to the contrary.

EDIT: And did you just imply that BS01 is lying to us so that TLC can use the Vahi as a link for the two generations of BIONICLE?

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Hey guys, here's the 'remember you're talking about a fictional story for a children's to line' post.

Let's keep things calm, civil, and respectful. Everyone is welcome to their own theories and ideas. If someone is basing a theory off of incorrect information, you're obviously free to correct them, but please do so in a courteous manner. Not doing so may result in a warning or other action.

Thanks!

• Upvote 5

Not that I favour a connection over no connection at all, acting as if the Vahi appearing in almost every episode now is just an Easter Egg is a bit weird to me tbh. I'm not saying that the Vahi implies that there's a connection, but it obviously means something, it's kinda hard to ignore it amongst all the other references to time. It's been appearing too often to really be "just an Easter Egg". I'd honestly consider Tahu climbing up the volcano with the PoF an Easter Egg, but the Vahi appearing is something more than that, at least in my opinion it is.

I feel that Lego might have left it open for older fans to find a connection, but will never really go into detail. A small fun thing for those who'd like it, but nothing that will bother the ones who don't. We'll have to get used to the fact that this new storyline doesn't function the way the old one did. In Gen1 we had Greg to confirm every little detail, and basically settled everything for us. Which kinda meant that we questioned every little detail too, instead of drawing the obvious conclusions (not talking about a connection here ). I really think that's the best thing to do in this new Generation. Open and easy cannon that doesn't require every single detail to be confirmed by the author.

-Iben

• Upvote 2

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

While it won't necessarily mean a connection, I agree that the Vahi cameos are more than just easter eggs. There is a lot of emphasis on time and we have a confirmation of the Mask existing in this new story - it's definitely foreshadowing the importance of Time as an overarching theme.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I don't get it. It says 'Mask of Time' in that one pamphlet. In fact, I have it right next to me. So the G1 version Easteregg that we keep seeing means more than just a thing for older fans.

Obviously it's not going to be named 'Vahi'.

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

@Lyichir

In my post I was saying that the G2 Toa are more likely to be future versions of the G1 Toa than the G2 Toa being a separate team (in the same narrative universe) who inspired the G1 team's creation. I never commented on the likelihood of a connection compared to a reboot, I was comparing the far-future and distant-past theories.

And yep, we all know it is a "reboot". But 2009 was described as a "reboot" too, so the possibility for a connection still exists.

@Munty

We do know a good amount about the past of G1, such as details of the Core War, Shattering etc. so it it somewhat more restricting than setting a theory in the future. I'm sceptical of your claims that the Prototype Robot could have travelled anywhere, because it exploded on Bara Magna, not in space. You could say "it went exploring then returned", but the Prototype Robot (like the GSR) was designed to reform Spherus Magna after completing its quest, which we know didn't happen. That implies that its quest was not even started and it exploded before going anywhere.

Also, my point about Artakha is that your theory claims that the Mata were based on characters seen by the Prototype Robot, but Artakha was not on that robot (we know he was made for the GSR). Artakha made the Mata, so your theory requires someone else who was on the other robot to describe the G2 Toa to him, and for him to decide to make the Mata similar to that story for some reason...

Lastly, I don't think G2 Makuta is Teridax. He is just a villager who got given a "powerful name from the past". That is more plausible than six characters being given the same names as past characters, and also having similar appearances and abilities to them. :)

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Also, my point about Artakha is that your theory claims that the Mata were based on characters seen by the Prototype Robot, but Artakha was not on that robot (we know he was made for the GSR). Artakha made the Mata, so your theory requires someone else who was on the other robot to describe the G2 Toa to him, and for him to decide to make the Mata similar to that story for some reason...

Lastly, I don't think G2 Makuta is Teridax. He is just a villager who got given a "powerful name from the past". That is more plausible than six characters being given the same names as past characters, and also having similar appearances and abilities to them. :)

What I'm hoping is that we could have the Great Beings somehow implanting in Artakha the idea for the Mata (as well as whatever else is in the Matoran Universe made by him and inspired by legends of Okoto), whether intentionally or just incidentally (assuming the stories of Okoto are legends and a part of the Great Beings' culture, elements from them could've just found their way into their various creations without necessarily a detailed level of advanced planning and planting).

As an analogy, you could imagine an author who's very familiar with particular mythologies (say of ancient Greece) writing a novel and, without really trying to shoehorn Zeus and all the rest into his plot, winds up referencing a lot of elements and themes of Greek myth.  Or, to make the Artakha connection work better, we could say that this guy who's really familiar with Greek mythology (he'd be the Great Beings) has a child and, although he doesn't directly try to teach the kid all the Greek myths and all the things he likes about them, still winds up talking a lot about various elements of the myths in conversation with the kid, who then goes on to write that novel.  Not totally sure that works, but I think it gets at the indirect influence of Okoto on the Matoran Universe I'm hypothesizing.

I also definitely hope our new Makuta is the same Teridax, I think I'm over old Terry and his antics by now; and even though our causal chains want to flow in opposite directions, I agree with the spirit of it-- in this case I'm thinking Terry and his species got the "powerful name from the past" that Ekimu's brother originally bore in the myth.

8NHf8fu.png

Everything is some kind of a plot, man.

I see where you're going with this but I think it's the mask powers that give Gen 1 Toa the edge over Gen 2 if anything, out of the canister I don't think they would've been strong enough to take on the Masters, even WITH their elemental powers (which the Masters initially lack)

If I have two powers and you have one, I think I would have an advantage. If I have one power and you have no powers, I probably have an advantage. Tahu Gen 1 could have roasted Tahu Gen 2 right after he fell from the sky and there would be little Tahu Gen 2 could do except run.

What I'm suggesting (not endorsing!) is that potentially the Mata could simply be an attempt to recreate the Masters in some sort of functional homage. They wouldn't be the same or even look the same and the fact that (we think) the Masters are more organic than the beings in Gen 1 means it would be impossible to accurately recreate them anyway.

I agree with the homage idea, at least as out-of-story reasoning. In-story it opens up some intriguing possibilities, but I'm not sure how that applies to the debate at hand. In any case I view it as unconfirmed.

I'm not sure that the Masters are more organic. The Protectors most certainly are, but whether the Masters are is an open question as of yet.

In my opinion, I think the Masters are at least at the same power level as the Toa Nuva. (before anyone gets any masks) but of course that's just my opinion on it and we'll most likely never be told so we'll never actually know for sure. As for the Mata being inferior replicas, I know it's all down to the technology used to make the sets (an argument I made often) but look at the set representations of the Mata compared to the Masters. The Mata have totally exposed limbs and fairly unimpressive gear when compared to the bulky, Masters and their gigantic weapons!

I'll start with the bottom and say that I view set sizes between years as non-canon; canonically they are all the same size. The height differences between the Gen 2 Toa appear to be canon, so Tahu Gen 2 could be slightly taller than Tahu Gen 1, but not near as big as his set implies. Certainly not big enough to make the power difference insignificant.

As for the "same power as Toa Nuva" thing, I think that's wannabe thinking among people who want the generations to be connected. In current story there is no evidence for such a thing - everything points to the new Toa having less power than even the Toa Mata, needing the Golden Masks to have elemental power. Tahu's blade flared as soon as he put his mask on.

The only explanation that would save it would be that the Toa ended up with Matoran masks when they first arrived on Okoto, and needed to find Toa Masks "without them, your strength is halved." But then the Golden Masks would give them standard Toa mask powers too, in theory, and there is nothing to suggest that.

I'll be honest and say that I'm really confused on reading this. I really don't understand your perspective at all much, so if you could clarify, that would be good. 

While it won't necessarily mean a connection, I agree that the Vahi cameos are more than just easter eggs. There is a lot of emphasis on time and we have a confirmation of the Mask existing in this new story - it's definitely foreshadowing the importance of Time as an overarching theme.

-NotS

Personally I think the time theme refers at least partly to the fact that Bionicle has been going on for so long, and that it was kept alive for so long after it ended. It's headed for "timelessness" as a story, and they are lampshading that with the Vahis, etc.

I do think that it might be more than just a soft theme, due to the Temple of Time and the allusion to temporal mechanics in getting the Toa there, however. But I think there is an in-story explanation that we are missing with all these connection theories. I'd like to see a good theory about how it all works that considers Gen 2 as a separate story.

Hey guys, here's the 'remember you're talking about a fictional story for a children's to line' post.

Let's keep things calm, civil, and respectful. Everyone is welcome to their own theories and ideas. If someone is basing a theory off of incorrect information, you're obviously free to correct them, but please do so in a courteous manner. Not doing so may result in a warning or other action.

Thanks!

Yeah that's partly my fault. I did ask to be corrected since my knowledge of the subject was limited...

Anyway... Regarding the Vahi in regards to Gen2 I agree the likelihood of seeing the Gen2 Mask of time being called the Vahi is just as likely as called Gen2 Tahu's Mask of Fire the Hau-Okoto. Now do both masks look alike? Yes... as could the Vahi to the Gen2 Mask of time suggested to be used with the ritual that summoned the Toa to Okoto in the first place. Right now we only have "Easter egg" depictions of the Vahi because that is what is most recognizable as a Mask of time.

Now I read the link posted to the Vahi page on Biosector01 and found it quite interesting. It states that:

"Legends predicted the possibility of a Mask of Time and its powers, even though no one was even sure if it could be made." Now this is the first line under History and lends credit to the idea that the Gen2 Mask of Time could be where this legend came from. There is no data on this page regarding this legend or who spoke of it only that it existed. If we know about Legends they usually are not just random fables some author came up with... There are grains of truth hidden behind the legend. Let's continue down the line...

"Makuta Teridax (in the guise of Turaga Dume) requested the forging of the Mask of Time from Vakama, a Matoran Mask Maker at that time." So it is said here that while Vakama was a Matoran mask maker Makuta asked him to create it... So he had to have prior knowledge of the legend and speak of it's powers. Again, no word on what this legend is or what content the mask held as far as full power. Now the Brotherhood of Makuta knew so much about this legend that apparently they created Voporak as a safeguard should it be created. They wanted it's power, whatever it was...

" It was not until he became a Toa Metru, however, that Vakama was able to create the Kanohi Vahi. He managed this by forging the six Great Disks into the Disk of Time, and then carving the Disk of Time into a mask."  So here is the data regarding these 6 disks forged into a single disk of time. I remember seeing this elsewhere as well. I can understand this to an extent as the other Konohi are created from mixing different levels of certain other disks. So we can surmise this seems to be a way to make Konohi masks of power. Now from a Gen2 standpoint while the masks in question don't have powers like the Konihi of Gen1 they do seem to have some form of elemental powers. Now we don't know this for certain, but the full list of materials Ekimu used to make said masks is not yet known. We can guess quite accurately that for each element a magical version of it was used. Gold is another material based on the golden color of the masks in question... So where does it leave this myth? Well Perhaps due to Akimu/Makuta's mastery of "Magic" and mask making they didn't need the Disks used in Gen1 to make masks and had they forged a Gen2 version of the Vahi would not of needed an advanced great disks to make. Or somehow that is very much what they use in some form even in Gen2 while not yet revealed.

There is much more to read based on the movie and I can only guess some books regarding someone named Voporak stealing the recovered mask from Vakama and even some form of team-up between Vakama and Makuta to recover the Vahi. I am not going to quote or copy all of that hear but I will select a few more items of interest..

"In this alternate universe, the six Great Disks were kept on the island of Artakha, where its ruler experimented with them and eventually created the Kanohi Vahi. Jaller, accompanied by Bomonga and Kualus, journeyed there to bring it to Metru Nui. The Teridax of that universe sent the dimensionally displaced Takanuva to intercept them and steal the mask. While traveling with them, the group was ambushed by Lesovikk, who spared Takanuva and took the Kanohi Vahi."

Yes this is a large chunk but it is everything regarding this "Alternate Universes" story regarding the Vahi in this "Timeline" Now I don't know how connected this Universe is to Gen1 other than being in Gen1's stories. Something here regarding Takanuva being dimensionally displaced makes me think it is Takua from MNOG and Mask of light. Could be wrong but I am going with it regardless. This is partly due to that somebody other than Vakama did succeed in creating a Vahi in Gen1. Being an alternate Universe that got crossed by Takanuva of the first leads to the idea that the Vahi or similar Mask of time could be created in Gen2's Universe by means similar to the two prior stated universes. That Creator being Ekimu or perhaps a yet unknown Mask maker. Seeing as how the Masks of Power do not have what one would call Matoran names it is a safe bet Gen2's Mask of time wont be called the Vahi as it is likely so named based on the language of the time...

"The Kanohi Vahi contains the Legendary Power of Time. It allows its user to filter this sheer power to speed up or slow down time around a target. The mask cannot, however, be used for time travel." Ok, so here is where it starts to define exactly what the "Konohi" Vahi can do as well as not do. It is able to manipulate ones perception through time but not travel though time itself. Now I am going to go out on a limb and state this is a reference to what it did in the selected media and not exactly it's total power. Now I understand this can and will lead to "differences of opinion" arguments where both sides could be and otherwise think they are right. 

"The Kanohi Vahi is one of the three most powerful Kanohi in the Matoran Universe, as it is incredibly difficult to fully control, even for a Makuta. This was shown when Tahu used the Kanohi Vahi and almost lost control of its power. The mask is so powerful that if damaged, it leaks its powers out, meaning that to destroy the mask would destroy the fabric of time itself within the Matoran Universe. Losing control of the mask would have the same effect."

This here is what leads me to the idea that the above statement on the masks limits could not be the whole story. It is possible that with enough control... say 6 elemental Protectors and an ancient ritual :D, more of the mask's potential power could be released thus doing something that called the Toa of Gen2 from a time and place not yet known. Again while the name Vahi is strictly Matoran in origin so this mask would likely not hold the same name in Gen2.

"It is impossible to create a Great, Noble, or Matoran version of the Kanohi Vahi, as a weaker mask would not be able to contain the power within itself. The Kanohi Vahi, Kanohi Ignika and Mask of Creation are on the same power level because Time, Life and Creation are all fundamental forces of the universe." This is where I think the misconception of not being able to make more than one could come from. True due to the level of power time possesses no weaker version of the mask can successfully be created, however this does not mean no Mask of Time ever existed in the past or in the case some legend regarding it.

Does this mean that the Vahi of Gen1 is the pinnacle link between it and Gen2? No... as seen even in Gen1 there are alternate Universes and possible timelines where events that happen in both could be influenced by different people.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

It could definitely make sense from a physics standpoint because the Legendary Masks, from what I understand, do not harness their respective powers so much as they function as a physical manifestation of those powers. There can only be one Mask of Time in the Matoran Universe* because the very concept, existence, and function of Time inside the Matoran Universe is tied to the Vahi. This would also explain why the Ignika can be used to resuscitate (or shut down!) the entire GSR -- all Life energy within the GSR is linked to the Ignika.

Creation...I don't quite understand how that one would work. Bones will probably explain all this better :P

*I suppose there could theoretically be other Masks of Time outside the GSR, since the Vahi was specifically designed to function as part of the GSR, but given how Time is shown to function in the Bionicle multiverse (steady progression, no time travel) it would probably be necessary for a second Mask of Time to tap into the Time of the entire universe, at which point the Vahi would stop working.

This isn't to somehow prove that the G2!Mask of Time MUST BE THE VAHI OMG, because reboot, duh. Just trying to help illuminate how G1's Legendary Kanohi work, nothing more

• Upvote 1

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You