20XX would be better if..

rednas3636

Ah well, why not. A topic for all the pessimists and haters out there

So the thing is to post three lines of your own.

eg:

2003 would've been better if Takua didn't eat all the 3.14...  :smiletakua: 

2007 would've been better if Limegreen pieces didn't break so easily.

2015 would've been better if Lewa could move its head.

TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui are awesome for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff.

2009 would be better if it weren't on Bara Magna.

2010 would be better if it were a full year.

2005 would be better if Web of Shadows was better.

2003 would be better if the Bohrok-Kal didn't exist.

2006 would be better if the Toa Inika weren't hideous.

Edited by Professor Turnip
  • Upvote 2

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

2010 would have been better if we had gotten proper sets instead of those stars like a Mata Nui robot set.

2008 would have been better if the Toa looked more like their original forms

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

2001 would have been better if the sets had articulation. *puts up steel umbrella to block the angry comments*

And if the gear functions didn't get in the way of posing. Seriously, they are really bad sets.

Yeah, it's not like the Toa Mata, Nuva and Bohrok were some of the bestselling sets in the line's history or anything...

2003 would've been better if Takua didn't eat all the 3.14

What does this mean?

• Upvote 1

2001 would have been better if the sets had articulation.

Not gonna argue with ya there, would've only made them better. :)

2015 would be better if people's faces stopped falling off.

I think we can all agree on this. Seriously, I like the concept of the masks being able to pop off, but they could've at least made them a bit stronger!

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

I don't know if events from the story count, but if they do...

2008 would've been better if at least some of the Makuta besides Teridax and Miserix somehow survived that year. (I miss you both, Krika and Icarax. :( )

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

2001 would have been better if the Toa had better articulation and their gear functions didn't get in the way of posing. It would also have been better if Legend of Mata Nui was released.

2002 would have been better if the Toa had better articulation and their gear functions didn't get in the way of posing. It would also have been better if a MNOG sequel had been released that year alongside the Bohrok Animations.

2003 would have been better if Takanuva had better articulation and his gear functions didn't get in the way of posing. It would also have been nice if MNOG: The Final Chronicle was more like the original MNOG, and if the Bohrok-Kal animations were as good as the Bohrok animations if the last Bohrok-Kal animation wasn't really rushed. and if Bionicle: The Game wasn't as rushed and non-canon.

2004 would have been better if the Toa's shoulders were articulated and thir gear functions didn't get in the way of posing. It would also have been better if the Bionicle: City of Legends game had been released.

2005 would have been better if the Toa were less ugly and if the minifig-scale sets had come with the oversized, out-of-scale Keetongu, which would have given us not only a lot of laughs, but a flame yellowish orange metru torso as well. It would also have been better if Vakama didn't turn evil and the story hadn't been as pointlessly dark as it was.

2006 would have been better if the Toa's masks weren't rubbery and if the joints hadn't started to become fragile during this year. It would also have been better if Piraka Rap had never happened and the online animations were actually canon.

2007 would have been better if the joints weren't fragile and if more Marhi Nui Matoran were released.

2008 would have been better if the joints weren't fragile and if the Toa Mistika looked more like their previous versions. It would also have been better if Bionicle was still selling well and Lego didn't decide to end it.

2009 would have been better if the joints weren't fragile and if Bionicle wasn't ending.

2010 would have been better if the Stars had better articulation and the Rahkshi of Heat Vision had a Kraata. But that wasn't really possible since Lego didn't want to spend a lot of money on a theme that was ending anyway. It would also have been better if HF had started out with the CCBS system.

But other than that, all the years of Bionicle were completely fine, and often, there was a lot more good than bad during a year, so don't take any of this as me not liking the years of Bionicle, because I like them all.

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

if the Bohrok-Kal animations were as good as the Bohrok animations

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. What about them is lesser quality to you?

I love them because they take all of the lessons Templar learned from the 2002 animations and created something that, IMO, was even better. They tell a cohesive story with a comfortable pacing and a bunch of character development. The last one is always going to feel kind of phoned-in but I have a feeling that Templar wouldn't have worried about eating up half the animation with a Bohrok-Kal defeat retelling if they hadn't been explicitly told to do so. It would've been better paced with a more complete focus on Naming Day.

Not trying to invalidate your viewpoint here or anything, I'm just curious how you came around to that perspective.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. What about them is lesser quality to you?

I love them because they take all of the lessons Templar learned from the 2002 animations and created something that, IMO, was even better. They tell a cohesive story with a comfortable pacing and a bunch of character development. The last one is always going to feel kind of phoned-in but I have a feeling that Templar wouldn't have worried about eating up half the animation with a Bohrok-Kal defeat retelling if they hadn't been explicitly told to do so. It would've been better paced with a more complete focus on Naming Day.

I question the 'cohesive' aspect, given the sudden jump from the Nuva having assembled to the rather rushed coverage of the Kal's destruction in the very next episode.

I also don't like the sudden appearance of the slang word 'buddy', given how high and formal the Toa had sounded back in MNOLG.

I question the 'cohesive' aspect, given the sudden jump from the Nuva having assembled to the rather rushed coverage of the Kal's destruction in the very next episode.

I also don't like the sudden appearance of the slang word 'buddy', given how high and formal the Toa had sounded back in MNOLG.

Absolutely, the last one is rushed and doesn't fit with the first two at all - it was primarily the latter that I was praising.

I see where you are coming from with 'buddy.' It doesn't really bother me because Lewa had all of two or three speaking lines in MNOLG, and at the time of the Bohrok-Kal the Toa have been on the island long enough to have formed a closer bond with the inhabitants.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I see where you are coming from with 'buddy.' It doesn't really bother me because Lewa had all of two or three speaking lines in MNOLG, and at the time of the Bohrok-Kal the Toa have been on the island long enough to have formed a closer bond with the inhabitants.

But none of the inhabitants use that word. Not to mention that Lewa's people in particular use Treespeak, which he himself only starts using in the first movie. That would be more consistent with what you're suggesting.

But none of the inhabitants use that word. Not to mention that Lewa's people in particular use Treespeak, which he himself only starts using in the first movie. That would be more consistent with what you're suggesting.

What we need to remember is that Bionicle is a KIDS toyline. Expect inconsistencies. Kids don't pick up on it as easily.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

2001 would be better if the sets had more articulation.

2002 is perfect.

2003 would be better if we had new villains instead of the Bohrok-Kal.

2004 would be better if had more collectibles and didn't have darker colors.

2005 would be better if it had the rest of the Toa Hagah.

2006 would be better if it were less edgy and had gear functions.

2007-2009 would be better if the sets weren't Inika clones. 

2008 would be better if the sets were actually good.

2010 would be better if it wasn't rushed. 

2015 would be better if it was more serious and more complex. It also would be better if it had more new pieces.

Edited by Zidonaro
  • Upvote 1

2005 would have been better if the story was not all over the place.

2006 would have been better if it had a movie.

2007 would have been better if the first comic was not online only.

2008 and 2009 would have been better if the parts were not fragile.

2010 would have been better if Ben 10 sets weren't a thing.

2015 would be better if anyone could find the sets. Especially Gali.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

2009 would have been better if Glatorian's and Agori didn't exist. Just have them be new Toa, it's not like that's impossible. I'd seriously be fine if they were Toa and Matoran, and wore helmets that covered the whole face or something.

2008 would be better if the Mistika/Phantoka actually looked more like the Nuva.

2010 would be better if it was a full year, with actual sets,

2006 would be better if there were actual faces.

2015 would be better if there were canisters, backwards compatible masks, mask packs and NAMES FOR THE PROTECTORS.

2011-2014 would be better if they were actual years 

EDIT:

I have found all of the sets including Gali over here in 3 different stores, so you guys have horrid luck lol.

Also, I think I'm alone in this, but I actually LIKED the Ben 10 sets...

Edited by Cheatster9000x

I have found all of the sets including Gali over here in 3 different stores, so you guys have horrid luck lol.

Also, I think I'm alone in this, but I actually LIKED the Ben 10 sets...

I feel like the Ben 10 sets would have been better if they actually had 10 sets instead of just 6. Also, they could have made it a system theme. That would have been cool at the time. :)

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

2001 would have been better if the sets had articulation. *puts up steel umbrella to block the angry comments*

And if the gear functions didn't get in the way of posing. Seriously, they are really bad sets.

Yeah, it's not like the Toa Mata, Nuva and Bohrok were some of the bestselling sets in the line's history or anything...

They were the first ones. There weren't any before them to sell, that's why :P

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Not trying to invalidate your viewpoint here or anything, I'm just curious how you came around to that perspective.

Hmmm, you know, now that I think about it, the Bohrok-Kal animations (not including the last one) were pretty good. Actually, I guess I only have a problem with the last one.

if the last Bohrok-Kal animation wasn't really rushed.

There. That's better.

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I said "in the line's history". The Nuva and Bohrok were the main sets in 2002 and that was the bestselling year, so those sets would have to have sold better than sets of later years.

I don't know about Toa Mata sales in 2001, but the fact that they were also main sets and the line got a full second year suggests they sold well too.

Edited by Sir Kohran

I feel like the Ben 10 sets would have been better if they actually had 10 sets instead of just 6. Also, they could have made it a system theme. That would have been cool at the time. :)

I agree, 10 sets would have rocked, and so would it have if it were a system theme.

Anyhow, this is off topic.

I feel like 2009 sets would have been better if they'd introduced CCBS. 

2015 would be better if there was more winter villains, and the sets were cheaper.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

2003 WHBB if Hapaka knew about what she was writing

2005 WHBB if WoS 'showed' all of the Toa struggling with their hordika sides

2007 WHBB if Invasion was released

2009 WHBB if tLR had been made well

2010 WHBB if it wasn't rushed

Hero Factory WHBB if th eyed followed up on ANY of their clifhangers

I said "in the line's history". The Nuva and Bohrok were the main sets in 2002 and that was the bestselling year, so those sets would have to have sold better than sets of later years.

I don't know about Toa Mata sales in 2001, but the fact that they were also main sets and the line got a full second year suggests they sold well too.

2001's set are great sets, they were revolutionary back at the time. The thing is they got superseded. Lego was doing something fairly new and innovative with Bionicle and it would require several iterations to get sets like the Inika that had articulation everywhere.

2001 would have been better if "Bionicle: Legends of Mata Nui" would have been released

2002 would have been better if the Toa Nuva's mask designs werent so ugly. Seriously. Those masks were not good.

^this

2003 would have been better if MoL would not be utter trash

2006 would have been better without the piraka rap

2007/2008 would have been better if the parts wouldn't break so easily

2010 would have been better if the final sets weren't so lack luster

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

Ok.

2001 would have been better if...I had been aware of it at the time? Missed that one.

2002 would have been better if the Toa Nuva weren't hideous and terrible. I do not like the Nuva. Those masks are awful. Lewa is ok, though.

2003 would have been better with a more cohesive year-long storyline, by which I mean no Kal please. Getting some rebuild Le and Onu-Matoran would have been nice, too. And the Rahkshi could have been a bit more colorful I think. This was the death of colorful sets...

2004 would have been better if LoMN and the Morbuzahk storyline fit with each other better. And if meaningful collectibles hadn't died. And if the Vahki were better sets in general.

2005 would have been better if the Hordika had had masks. And if the little minifigures were actual minifigures.

2006 would have been better if the Voya Nui Matoran had recolored masks. And if the Inika had solid masks, too. The system sets could have been better, too...

2007 would have been better with Onu and Ko-Matoran. Also if eye colors didn't get cut down to just lime and orange. And if they had put some effort into Hewkii's design.

2008 would have been better with some more varied and interesting designs for the Toa, and if their appearances matched the original Nuva better (This, granted that the previous 2002 whbbi had happened and the Nuva didn't look terrible. If not I'm more than happy with what we got.) Also the Av-Matoran/Shadow Matoran design probably should have never come into this world. Also they shouldn't have redesigned sockets and stuff.

2009 would have been better if the serials were paced better and if TLR had been done better and if Ackar got his own helmet I mean he's like the only guy who did not have his own helmet. (other than like Fero and the Kaxium guys and I suppose Sahmad/Perditus but who even cares about them)

2010 would have been better if it hadn't ended. The Baterra set looked nice.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

2006+ would have been better if it weren't from broken joints.

Ok.

2001 would have been better if...I had been aware of it at the time? Missed that one.

2002 would have been better if the Toa Nuva weren't hideous and terrible. I do not like the Nuva. Those masks are awful. Lewa is ok, though.

2003 would have been better with a more cohesive year-long storyline, by which I mean no Kal please. Getting some rebuild Le and Onu-Matoran would have been nice, too. And the Rahkshi could have been a bit more colorful I think. This was the death of colorful sets...

2004 would have been better if LoMN and the Morbuzahk storyline fit with each other better. And if meaningful collectibles hadn't died. And if the Vahki were better sets in general.

2005 would have been better if the Hordika had had masks. And if the little minifigures were actual minifigures.

2006 would have been better if the Voya Nui Matoran had recolored masks. And if the Inika had solid masks, too. The system sets could have been better, too...

2007 would have been better with Onu and Ko-Matoran. Also if eye colors didn't get cut down to just lime and orange. And if they had put some effort into Hewkii's design.

2008 would have been better with some more varied and interesting designs for the Toa, and if their appearances matched the original Nuva better (This, granted that the previous 2002 whbbi had happened and the Nuva didn't look terrible. If not I'm more than happy with what we got.) Also the Av-Matoran/Shadow Matoran design probably should have never come into this world. Also they shouldn't have redesigned sockets and stuff.

2009 would have been better if the serials were paced better and if TLR had been done better and if Ackar got his own helmet I mean he's like the only guy who did not have his own helmet. (other than like Fero and the Kaxium guys and I suppose Sahmad/Perditus but who even cares about them)

2010 would have been better if it hadn't ended. The Baterra set looked nice.

Barreta sets had a prototype?

cringe

2001 would be better if the sets had more articulation.

2002 is perfect.

2003 would be better if we had new villains instead of the Bohrok-Kal.

2004 would be better if had more collectibles and didn't have darker colors.

2005 would be better if it had the rest of the Toa Hagah.

2006 would be better if it were less edgy and had gear functions.

2007-2009 would be better if the sets weren't Inika clones. 

2008 would be better if the sets were actually good.

2010 would be better if it wasn't rushed. 

2015 would be better if it was more serious and more complex. It also would be better if it had more new pieces.

Agreed.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I'm pretty sure they were shown in the comics at some point just from a quick google images search

Edit: Here

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/bionicle/images/6/6c/Baterra~3.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/640?cb=20120223171537

Edited by hiddenderek

I'm pretty sure they were shown in the comics at some point just from a quick google images search

Edit: Here

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/bionicle/images/6/6c/Baterra~3.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/640?cb=20120223171537

I knew they were in the comics, but was a prototype made by Lego, released in a picture or not?

EDIT: Has anyone made a MOC?

Edited by moamahrimatoro

cringe

2001 - 2003 would've been better if the Toa could turn their heads and hold their arms up.

2003 would've been better if the Bohrok-Kal flash animations were more fleshed out, and if the Kal sets had more new elements to distinguish themselves from the Bohrok.

2004 would've been better if the Toa Metru had more unique builds, and could hold their arms up.

2005 would've been better if there were more heroic-looking sets (back then I was the type of kid who predominantly bought the good guys, and the majority looked like monsters; I actually lost interest in Bionicle for over a year).

2006 would've been better if the Inika had more unique builds, and had traditional heads and masks.

2007 would've been better if the lime green limbs weren't so brittle.

2008 would've been better if the Phantoka and Mistika Toa actually looked like the characters they were supposed to be.

2009 would've been better if the disassociation of element and gender was used to have more female characters instead of less.

2010 would've been better if the line wasn't cancelled prematurely (If I remember correctly, Greg Farshtey had a story outlined for a few more years), or at least if we got full-sized sets or a movie (it would've been epic); AND if new story serials weren't started just to be abandoned. I could go on, but it just gets me down thinking about it.

2015 would've been better if there were mask packs (I could say the same for any year after 2003 really, but 2015's nostalgia factor just demands it), if Gali's and especially Lewa's masks were more faithful to the originals, if the concept of non-elemental mask powers was retained, if the protectors and villagers had unique identities, if the story animations had more depth (unless they're planning for another medium to serve that purpose), and if the line was launched more ceremoniously. At least it's not over yet.

Edited by Codrex

1422405192m_DISPLAY.jpg