The Monster - Manas Revamp

joev14

Wow... this is the best one yet! It looks wonderfully crablike while still representing the original set perfectly. It's so hard to pick a favorite part, but I really like the shaping on the claws and back.

• Upvote 1

This is Epic^Epic. No not just because of having Onua in the pics. You really did a good job of capturing the Manas. I naturally up voted ya.

Now if only you could reuse the mind storm remote with this. that would be even more so.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Other than lacking a PF or Mindstorms motor, THIS THING IS PERFECT!!! :D Well done, you've made a revamp that makes the original look... well, old! Looking forward to more of your creations!

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

This is an incredible job! The claws look amazing, you've kept the size and proportions true to the original (even the angle of the slope looks right!) and the colours are JUST balanced enough for it to not suffer the darkness issue that the Kane Ra had.

However... Manas without tracks are, in my opinion, not really Manas at all... That may be partly down to the fact that the new legs are without a doubt the weakest part of the build but as I've said with ALL of the other tracked rahi that have been recreated lately, they aren't the same creature wihtout tracks. I think it's a real shame to see all these great builds without the tracks that originally defined them, though it seems I'm on my own in this respect!

Great job nonetheless, absolutely the best of your remakes. Make sure you share some more pics if you ever decide to try it with Skopio tracks on, that would be beyond mind-blowing!!!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

A pair of monsterous Rahi skittered out of two side passageways. they were immense, broad and squat but surprisingly fast. Their powerful arms ended in dangerous looking pincers.

— Lewa, Tale of the Toa

Although this was the final Rahi in the set, it was actually the first I began work on, and it's completion sparked a desire in me to make the other four.

Please upvote and scream comment. *Screaming*

But wait...there's more. Next week, you guys will get to see some shots with all five of my Rahi Revamps battling the Toa, plus a bonus that you won't wanna miss.

By chance could this bonus be the Rahi-Nui? There is only a description on the wiki, I'd love to see one done tastefully based on that.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

A pair of monsterous Rahi skittered out of two side passageways. they were immense, broad and squat but surprisingly fast. Their powerful arms ended in dangerous looking pincers.

— Lewa, Tale of the Toa

Although this was the final Rahi in the set, it was actually the first I began work on, and it's completion sparked a desire in me to make the other four.

But wait...there's more. Next week, you guys will get to see some shots with all five of my Rahi Revamps battling the Toa, plus a bonus that you won't wanna miss.

By chance could this bonus be the Rahi-Nui? There is only a description on the wiki, I'd love to see one done tastefully based on that.

I suppose I could try a Rahi Nui using all the pieces from these, but the bonus is actually something else. ;)

Aw... so maybe two surprises where I kind of spoiled one of them... Sorry folks.

Onua.png

This is beautiful! I've loved all of your revamps! This one more than others, the crab-like shape Everything!

— Lewa, Tale of the Toa

I suppose I could try a Rahi Nui using all the pieces from these, but the bonus is actually something else. ;)

Bahrag? Probably the Bahrag. ;)

EXTERMINATE!

Edited by Dalek CAAN

EXTERMINATE!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf 15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

3DS Friend Code:2578-4213-3661        A link to Goooooomba

That looks really nice! I like the revamped face and the pinsirs look marvelous. Does it retain its power functions? I'd assume not but figure it's worth asking.

It does not. For all my Revamps, I ditched the functions in favor of trying to create them with better aesthetic design in mind.

While this is a great-looking MOC that manages to both evoke and improve upon the look of the original Manas, I can't help but wish this used Power Functions to recreate the classic remote-control nature of the set. After all, the Toa brought their functions back—it'd sure be neat if the Manas could do the same.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

While this is a great-looking MOC that manages to both evoke and improve upon the look of the original Manas, I can't help but wish this used Power Functions to recreate the classic remote-control nature of the set. After all, the Toa brought their functions back—it'd sure be neat if the Manas could do the same.

Like I said, I didn't intend for this be a 2015 thing, merely revamps of the original sets, with aesthetics in mind instead of functionality. Unfortunately, with the current leg design, there really isn't any way I can get power functions to work (assuming I could even get it to fit).

Incidentally, I added an internal photo at the end of the original post, for those of you who are interested!

This is legitimately terrifying, it looks a lot more monstrous than the original set. This actually improves on the original one, in fact. It keeps the same body frame but adds a whole bunch more detail. While I would love the functions back, this revamp definitely shows the Manas crab in its true, evil horror. 

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Please. PLEASE. I'll do anything. I must have the instructions!!!

I'm sure you can figure most of it out from the internal pictures given. I'd rather not take it all apart, for fear of not getting it back together perfectly (The claws are rather complicate inside). But if you need any help, just post here and I'll give you the pictures you need. :)

This is an incredible job! The claws look amazing, you've kept the size and proportions true to the original (even the angle of the slope looks right!) and the colours are JUST balanced enough for it to not suffer the darkness issue that the Kane Ra had.

However... Manas without tracks are, in my opinion, not really Manas at all... That may be partly down to the fact that the new legs are without a doubt the weakest part of the build but as I've said with ALL of the other tracked rahi that have been recreated lately, they aren't the same creature wihtout tracks. I think it's a real shame to see all these great builds without the tracks that originally defined them, though it seems I'm on my own in this respect!

Great job nonetheless, absolutely the best of your remakes. Make sure you share some more pics if you ever decide to try it with Skopio tracks on, that would be beyond mind-blowing!!!

Unfortunately, treads can't really fit due to the angle of the claws (They hang off the edge, making very little space for something as wide as tracks)

Oh, thank you thank you thank you! (kisses feet)

No problem. :P

It actually looks like a crab! :o

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Unfortunately, treads can't really fit due to the angle of the claws (They hang off the edge, making very little space for something as wide as tracks)

That's a real shame, I would've loved to see a tracked one, even without power functions. Would still love one of my own but I can't accept the weedy little legs yet :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Dare I say it, but this looks better than the original! Seriously, this looks great. Especially the claws and its color scheme. I really wish it was an actual set. :)

And congrats on making the front page! B-)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is absolutely incredible. I love the amount of detail in the body alone. The back looks like the RC component and almost fooled me into believing it was an actual RC box. Pretty excellent attention to detail there. The rest of it really captures the Mana's look despite adding a lot of pieces to make it flow better. Really fantastic revamp.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Really enjoying your series of revamped sets. The Manas looks even more fearsome with the bigger claws and use of black for the primary color.

TAK

I try and use black in place of gray/blay for this exact reason :P

This is absolutely incredible. I love the amount of detail in the body alone. The back looks like the RC component and almost fooled me into believing it was an actual RC box. Pretty excellent attention to detail there. The rest of it really captures the Mana's look despite adding a lot of pieces to make it flow better. Really fantastic revamp.

-NotS

I actually chose that particular cover piece for that exact reason, in an attempt to really mimic the original in every way I possibly could.