Ninjago Season 5 episode 4 'Ninja Roll'

Ayliffe

Was there a remixed version of After the Blackout in this episode? Or was I just imagining things?

This show just seems to get better and better. This was probably just a filler episode, but this was a real good filler if you ask me.

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Was there a remixed version of After the Blackout in this episode? Or was I just imagining things?

This show just seems to get better and better. This was probably just a filler episode, but this was a real good filler if you ask me.

Yeah, this episode was great! :)

Well, now we know that Form and Absorption are elements, so Ninjago officially has more elements than Bionicle! :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

• 1 month later...

Episode 38 - Ninja Roll

Alternate Title - Beyond Thunderblade

Recap:

The episode starts with the final prelim between Kitana and Sitar Hero.  We learn Kitana is master of absorption.  (That makes here and Bionicle where absorption is an element. That and the Brawny man)  Kai is elated because it means she's dateable again. Way to keep focus Primadonna.  Chen decides punishment is in order for the ninja's exploration.  Everyone loses their hotel suites and sleeps in the common room. This along with the ninjas chummy team dynamic turn the other competitors against them.

The next round comes in the middle of the night as Shang Tsung wakes them all up and puts them in skates.  It's roller derby time. This is an homage to Thunder ball, but since the target demo is too young to have seen the original or the remake, I'll fill you in.

Thunderball is a future sport that's mostly roller derby and part demolition derby.  Lloyd and Mystique are the combatants.  Everyone else can pick a team to either help or hurt their preferred combatant. The one with the most points wins. 

This fight is actually enjoyable.  We have other masters use their powers.  We also have the Ninja stumble and fall a bit as only Jay has skating skills.  In the end, the ninja let the other masters in on the tournaments true goal.  Enough of the masters join their side that allows Lloyd to close the gap.  Kai and Kitana steal the buggy that load transforms into his toyline set. Lloyd wins but Chen wants to give it to Mystique.  When the contestants back up Lloyd, Chen backs down. So they stay in the tournament another day.

In B-plot ville, Cole is a prisoner bereft of his strength and earth powers.  He discovers Zane and plans on breaking out with his ninja-bro.  Nya picks up Gareth in the search for the B-plot.  Somehow, Nya figured out Chen is connected to the ninja disappearance and has snuck aboard a boat to Kombat Island.

Review:

If Ninjago keeps up with level of show, I may have to drop my cynical barbs and respect it again.  This episode kept a good pace, puns and jokes in the slow paces and a battle that wasn't one-sided from the get go.  It seems like Avatar/Korra had an effect on the writers because many of the moves look like the ninja studied Bending-techniques like using fire for jet propulsion or using sound waves to see. All good stuff.

I wonder if this means I'm going soft?

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg