Poll: Should Cryoshell come back (for Bionicle Gen2)?

fishers64

READ THE TOPIC TITLE. :P  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cryoshell NEED to come back to Bionicle. Cryoshell almost always make good, memorable songs, and they have been with Bionicle since, what? 2007? The two are a great pairing.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Very strong no.

They're much better fitted to the later years of G1. I feel that they really wouldn't fit the theme of G2 so far. I'd say we'd need something 'lighter', something less serious. Obviously not so lacking in seriousness that we get a joke of a song or something. I'd prefer we get a song of something like the MNOG chanting. That really was a BIONICLE sound, IMO. Not to mention that a lot of the music in MNOG realy helped define it. We need something like the MNOG music to define Okoto.

• Upvote 5

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Very strong no.

They're much better fitted to the later years of G1. I feel that they really wouldn't fit the theme of G2 so far. I'd say we'd need something 'lighter', something less serious. Obviously not so lacking in seriousness that we get a joke of a song or something. I'd prefer we get a song of something like the MNOG chanting. That really was a BIONICLE sound, IMO. Not to mention that a lot of the music in MNOG realy helped define it. We need something like the MNOG music to define Okoto.

So...you're saying symphonic/alternative rock is too dark, but sacrificial chanting isn't? 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Where in the world did you get sacrificial  from? There is nothing even remotely sacrificial about the MNOG chanting. There is also no way on Okoto that 'alternative rock' fits G2 BIONICLE at all right now. 

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I voted 'strong no' because I want Snoop Dog and Lonely Island to produce a few songs for Bionicle.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Very strong no.

You speak as if they are incapable of producing a song that fits the current feel of G2. Ya never know, they could surprise us.

You bet! Their music is brilliant, and they're all very talented.

I'd say we'd need something 'lighter', something less serious.

Like Gravity Hurts?

So...you're saying symphonic/alternative rock is too dark, but sacrificial chanting isn't? 

S... sacrificial? Is there a demonic side to Bionicle that I never noticed?  :cry:

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Why not? 

"I don't feel it" isn't the strongest justification for "strong no".

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Rock hardly fits Bionicle at all.

You sure about that?

Those are all amazing Bionicle music videos that use Cryoshell songs... the clips go together with the music very fluidly. Cryoshell may not have been a good fit in the early years of the story, from '01 - '04... but '06 forward Cryoshell matches the tone very well.

• Upvote 1

Very strong no.

what

How on Earth is MNOG's chanting "sacrificial"? 

There are a few dark intense tracks in MNOG, like the music during the Makuta battle, but they are reserved for the darker and more intense moments. 

• Upvote 1

I voted for "strongly yes" because I miss them making songs for Bionicle ever since it ended. Plus, there aren't any new songs from them for a long time since Hero Factory's Breakout theme in 2012. Since I enjoyed their songs, it would be very cool if they have returned.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I voted 'strong no' because I want Snoop Dog and Lonely Island to produce a few songs for Bionicle.

YES!

Yes

No.

Yes.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I voted 'strong yes.' Not because I think Cryoshell would fit Gen 2's feel at all, but because I really want Cryoshell to come back.

I said strong yes, I personally really enjoyed their music for BIONICLE and I still listen to their songs to this day, personal favorites are Creeping In My soul and Closer To The Truth.

Their best work. Those song's bring so much nostalgia. I remember sitting on my computer watching the music video for those particular songs over and over for like an hour every day.

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic.

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

Nnnnope. I have never held any sort of strong connection between the band and the brand. I understand that some do, somehow, but it genuinely perplexes me. They simply weren't around for that long at all to make that much of a lasting impression or deserve being the definitive musical voice of BIONICLE that they appear to be regarded as.

Plus I never cared for their music, so... Definitely some bias there.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Strong Yes for me. Really fell in love with them in '07 with Creeps from the Deep. I think they can produce music that would fit the tone of Gen2. They did something good for Hero Factory.

Also, LEGO seriously needs to put up a download of the theme they keep recycling in each video. It's great.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

Where in the world did you get sacrificial  from? There is nothing even remotely sacrificial about the MNOG chanting.

The only chanting in MNOLG is that slow 'aaah-woooh' loop used in a number of cutscenes that have nothing "sacrificial" in them, and some high-pitched wailing in the Ko-Koro Sanctum.

Nnnnope. I have never held any sort of strong connection between the band and the brand. I understand that some do, somehow, but it genuinely perplexes me. They simply weren't around for that long at all to make that much of a lasting impression or deserve being the definitive musical voice of BIONICLE that they appear to be regarded as.

Plus I never cared for their music, so... Definitely some bias there.

~|ET|~

They've been around since 2007. I'd say that's long enough. Their music is deep and catchy and can be played at parties and social gatherings without any problems. I'd say Cryoshell more than deserves to be the 'definitive musical voice' of Bionicle.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I voted "yes". There's something sort of sentimental about Cryoshell, seeing as the band really wouldn't exist if not for Bionicle. And their debut album showcased a lot more musical range than their work for Bionicle would suggest on its own. If the new Bionicle ever has need for a catchy pop or rock song for commercials, movie credits, or what have you, I think Lego could do a lot worse than Cryoshell.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother